SocratesJohnson

Passport Photos.....in retrospect.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancé had his photo taken at a photo booth outside of Sainsburys. I lined his up to mine, and they were the same size, and from I could tell from the front, the same dimensions. His definitely doesn't look way smaller than mine. The only difference was that his has a white border around the frame of the picture, and an off white background. Has anyone else used a similar pic? Neither of us realized that there is a difference between US and UK photos, as there isn't much of one. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not sure what you are asking, but the U.S. rules for passport photos can be found here:  https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos.html

Visa photos:  https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html

45 minutes ago, WandY said:

Not sure what you are asking, but the U.S. rules for passport photos can be found here:  https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos.html

Visa photos:  https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html

I'm asking if anyone from the U.K. used a similar photo to the one my fiancé used. I thought it was fine when comparing it to mine, but now I'm not sure. 

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

As you can see, the differences are minimal. Minimal enough to avoid an RFE? Eh. But, I'm going to visit him soon, so I'll make sure to get proper photos just in case. The thing that is even more confusing to me is that I saw for the medical they will accept either U.K. or US style passport photos? This is what alerted me to the potential issue to begin with. I really thought ours were the same. 

If he's in the U.K. then the photo booths in Sainburys, Tesco, post office etc have US sized photos as an option.

Its where I got mine done.

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

1 hour ago, trudi said:

If he's in the U.K. then the photo booths in Sainburys, Tesco, post office etc have US sized photos as an option.

Its where I got mine done.

I don't think he chose that option, but it was a Sainsburys photo booth. I was with him when he did it. We'll make sure to choose correctly next time! And it'll give me an excuse to go to Sainsburys, I miss that store so much! 

1 hour ago, SocratesJohnson said:

I don't think he chose that option, but it was a Sainsburys photo booth. I was with him when he did it. We'll make sure to choose correctly next time! And it'll give me an excuse to go to Sainsburys, I miss that store so much! 

If you like Sainsburys you will love Waitrose if there is one near him...

10 hours ago, SocratesJohnson said:

I actually do not like Waitrose! It's overpriced lol 

I'm in shock! It is crazy expensive but their own brand stuff is really good, that & M&S ice cream used to be my go to places for special treats :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Save your money and download (iPhone) passportphoto app by vsmedia.de. It will allow you to align your chin and the top of your head to US visa regulations 

I scanned in an U.K. passport photo last week, selected US visa size and then got the dimensions US are looking for. 

If I said I didn’t want to have a ‘Hamlet photo booth moment’ and waste £8 in a Sainsbury’s photo booth, UK beneficiaries will know my humour. 

..and then I went to boots and printed  4 US passport sized photos for 40p

Edited by June2017UK

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.