sweettonya28

Visa in AP then denial Senegal? (merged)

13 posts in this topic

I'm a US citizen and my husband turned in all paperwork. They called him in and asked him questions and took his passport but that was in May. They said his paperwork was still in process. Its been almost 5 months already. What could possibly be taking so long? Also I'm wondering was that considered the interview? Someone help please??

Edited by Penguin_ie

What shoes the case status site say about your case. Sounds like that was the interview and he is most likely in Administrative processing. Hard to say how long it will take.

Service Center : California Service Center on 2014-03-17Consulate : London, United KingdomI-129F Sent : 2014-03-10I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-14I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-07NVC Received :4/21/2014NVC Left :4/23/2014Consulate Received :2014-04-29Packet 3 Received :2014-05-01Packet 3 Sent :2014-05-01Medical Complete: 2014-05-07Packet 4 Received :2014-5-31Interview Date :2014-06-06Visa Issued: 2014-06-10Visa Package Received: 2014-06-13Arrival at POE Seattle: 2014-6-13

Married 07/07/2014

AOS Timeline
AOS package mailed 08/08/2014 (Chicago Lockbox)
NOA date 8/13/2014
Biometrics done 09/14/2014
INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 10/31/2014
Approval e-mail 10/31/2014
Card production e-mail 12/27/2011
GREEN CARD ARRIVED 11/08/201

Employment Authorization Document
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2014-09-04
Approved Date : 2014-09-25
Date Card Received : 2014-10-03

ADVANCED Parole
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance :First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2014-10-03

ROC Timeline
ROC package mailed to CSC 10/13/2016
NOA1 date 10/17/2016
Biometrics date 12/8/2016

Interview: None
Card production ordered: 03/27/2018
10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from K3,  to AP forum for more answers *****

yes it sounds like that was the interview.  AP is quite common in certain countries.  Are there any red flags in your case, such as large age difference, recent divorce, only one visit or marryijng on first visit, previous immigration attempts?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I have been over there twice.  Once last year and once this year.  There is a 1 year difference between us.  Neither one of us has been married before.  But I just learned today that they denied his visa and they wouldn't give us a reason why.  Does this mean I have to start all the way over from the beginning and file again? Will it take another 2 years? 

Please help.  I just found out today that my husband visa was denied.  What is the next step?  Do I have to start completely over and defile everything over again??  Will it take another 2 years to go through this whole process again?  Do I have to pay all the fees over again? Somebody please help!!  Im so furstrated!!! 🙁🙁

Your husband is going to have to document the interview to the best of his memory, he really should have some idea of where extra probing was..

is this both your first marriage

any red flags such as excessive age gap? Culture differences? Less meetings?

No. He's only 1 year olds than me and we have the same religious beliefs.  We did get married the first time I went over there but I came back this year to see him again.  Each time I stayed 2 weeks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
14 hours ago, sweettonya28 said:

No. He's only 1 year olds than me and we have the same religious beliefs.  We did get married the first time I went over there but I came back this year to see him again.  Each time I stayed 2 weeks

We were denied at Dakar. You'll need to wait to get the NOIR and see why you were denied. Then rebuttal the CO. If USCIS sides with you, you'll be granted another interview. Takes about another year and half to get back to Dakar for another one 

Renee did you ever get your husband over here or are y'all still in the proces? Did u hire a lawyer to help you last time?? How long did u wait to get the Noir?? And what is that? Also what foes rebuttal the CO mean?? Also will I have to pay the fees over again??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, sweettonya28 said:

Renee did you ever get your husband over here or are y'all still in the proces? Did u hire a lawyer to help you last time?? How long did u wait to get the Noir?? And what is that? Also what foes rebuttal the CO mean?? Also will I have to pay the fees over again??

He had is 1st interview Nov 2015. He's not here yet. Please check out my timeline. You will need to pay the medical again. Rebuttal meaning you'll need to respond to the COs allegations in regards to not granting the visa. I didn't get a lawyer because my NOIR came late in the mail. So, I didn't have enough time to hire one. You'll only get about 30 days to respond to the NOIR.

There's not much you can do but wait. However having a Congress person involved is helpful. Sometimes when I checked on the case NVC gave wrong info or didn't have any. My Congressperson was able to obtain more accurate info on the case status

Edited by Renee14

OK Thank you for this information

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
17 hours ago, sweettonya28 said:

I have been over there twice.  Once last year and once this year.  

I would imagine this is the answer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.