Jump to content
bahamamama234

Questions about N400 filling under 3yr marriage rule

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone!

 

I submitted the application to remove conditions on my 2 year conditional GC (i751) on NOV 2016.

 

Since biometrics no updates..

 

The N-400 window opens NOV 2017 under the 3yr rule since I am still married to my US born spouse.

 

I have a couple question and would be grateful if you help me answer:

 

Regarding general questions:

1- Am I really allowed to submit for n400 while i751 still pending?

2-Can I file for n400 online? I checked and only saw options of file online for travel doc or I90. Is it recommended to do online or paper, safer and faster which option?

3-I have not started studying civics 100 questions yet, should I?

4- Will the fact me and spouse have been under medical for 3 years even tho I never used it, affect anything?

If they ask, do I tell them I been under it with my US spouse because he needed care but I never used it?

I am not providing any health coverage paperwork tho...

5- Will the fact i took unemployment for a total of 3 months affect anything? I am currently employed.

6- 1 month trip outside of US is not an issue correct?

7- Can I provide the 3year IRS transcript for joint taxes instead of 1 for each year?

8-Would any questions arise about the fact I entered us with b2 tourist visa? (I had 0 intents to get married or stayed, it just happened, I always planned to live in my home country as my family was wealthy there, but meeting my current spouse changed my course and I decided to live here for him, even tho now I have to work and be an adult lol.)

9- I got an ESA letter for our dog (emotional support so he can live with us in a no pet apartment policy) under anxiety claims, it was done online with an online therapist, would that affect anything?

 

 

 

Now questions about the actual documentation:

 

1- Do we have to submit all documentation since marriage ? Does that means repeating documentation already submitted with I765? 

It makes more sense to me just submit from nov 2016 to current date, since USCIS has all our documentation from 2015 to 2016 already...

 

2- Is quarterly joint bank statements enough for a year, or should I provide like for 8 months out of a year at least?

 

 

We will be providing :

 

1- Copy of marriage certificate

2- US spouse birth certificate to prove his citizenship since born.

(We both have no prior marriages, Thank God, that makes the application easier.)

3- Joint checking/savings statements.

4- Joint electricity/internet bills (Still deciding if for every month of 2017 only, or if we throw in some from prior years also)

5-Joint rent receipts since 2014.

6- Joint Lease

7- Pictures with friends and family (Do we have to, is it recommended?)

8-Invoices/Mail/bills from either my name or spouse's name addressed to our same address , some for 2017, some for 16,15.

9-Invitations for marriages/holidays letters sent to us from friends

10- Copy of itinerary of airplane trips taken together

11-Joint IRS transcripts for 2017,16,15, or just the 3 year resume from IRS of those years.

12-Pay stubs showing each other as emergency contact and same address on it.

13- Consular brazilian marriage certificate showing that we legalized marriage in Brasil in 2017 through consulate so we married there also.

 

 

Any comments or suggestions? Thank you God bless!

 

Thank you guys!!!!!!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bahamamama234 said:

Hello Everyone!

 

I submitted the application to remove conditions on my 2 year conditional GC (i751) on NOV 2016.

 

Since biometrics no updates..

 

The N-400 window opens NOV 2017 under the 3yr rule since I am still married to my US born spouse.

 

I have a couple question and would be grateful if you help me answer:

 

Regarding general questions:

1- Am I really allowed to submit for n400 while i751 still pending?  Yes

2-Can I file for n400 online? I checked and only saw options of file online for travel doc or I90. Is it recommended to do online or paper, safer and faster which option?  No idea

3-I have not started studying civics 100 questions yet, should I?  Sure, study away, there are a lot of online practice tests.

4- Will the fact me and spouse have been under medical for 3 years even tho I never used it, affect anything?  I don't think so

If they ask, do I tell them I been under it with my US spouse because he needed care but I never used it?

I am not providing any health coverage paperwork tho...

5- Will the fact i took unemployment for a total of 3 months affect anything? I am currently employed.  I don't think so

6- 1 month trip outside of US is not an issue correct?  Nope

7- Can I provide the 3year IRS transcript for joint taxes instead of 1 for each year?  No idea

8-Would any questions arise about the fact I entered us with b2 tourist visa? (I had 0 intents to get married or stayed, it just happened, I always planned to live in my home country as my family was wealthy there, but meeting my current spouse changed my course and I decided to live here for him, even tho now I have to work and be an adult lol.)  Who knows

9- I got an ESA letter for our dog (emotional support so he can live with us in a no pet apartment policy) under anxiety claims, it was done online with an online therapist, would that affect anything?  I doubt it

 

1 hour ago, bahamamama234 said:

 

 

 

Now questions about the actual documentation:

 

1- Do we have to submit all documentation since marriage ? Does that means repeating documentation already submitted with I765? 

It makes more sense to me just submit from nov 2016 to current date, since USCIS has all our documentation from 2015 to 2016 already...

 

2- Is quarterly joint bank statements enough for a year, or should I provide like for 8 months out of a year at least?

 

 

We will be providing :

 

1- Copy of marriage certificate

2- US spouse birth certificate to prove his citizenship since born.

(We both have no prior marriages, Thank God, that makes the application easier.)

3- Joint checking/savings statements.

4- Joint electricity/internet bills (Still deciding if for every month of 2017 only, or if we throw in some from prior years also)

5-Joint rent receipts since 2014.

6- Joint Lease

7- Pictures with friends and family (Do we have to, is it recommended?)

8-Invoices/Mail/bills from either my name or spouse's name addressed to our same address , some for 2017, some for 16,15.

9-Invitations for marriages/holidays letters sent to us from friends

10- Copy of itinerary of airplane trips taken together

11-Joint IRS transcripts for 2017,16,15, or just the 3 year resume from IRS of those years.

12-Pay stubs showing each other as emergency contact and same address on it.

13- Consular brazilian marriage certificate showing that we legalized marriage in Brasil in 2017 through consulate so we married there also.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the N400 requires this much "evidence" of a comingled marriage.

 

1 hour ago, bahamamama234 said:

 

 

Any comments or suggestions? Thank you God bless!

 

Thank you guys!!!!!!!

 

 

 

Good Luck!


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

1- Am I really allowed to submit for n400 while i751 still pending?

Yes

 

2 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

2-Can I file for n400 online? I checked and only saw options of file online for travel doc or I90. Is it recommended to do online or paper, safer and faster which option?

Yes you can file the N400 online if you are eligible to do so.  See here for instructions on how to file online: https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/us_citizen_through_naturalization#benefit-related-content-2  I filed my N400 online, and for me it was beneficial and has so far been a very quick process from filing in July to getting an interview scheduled in September (you can see my timeline in my signature).  Whether it's better or not, I would suggest you do your own research on the possible pros and cons of filing online before making your decision---reading other threads here on VJ helped me decide to go with online filing.  Both ways are "safe", however.  The online filing does have a slight edge in "safety" when it comes to worrying about applications getting lost in the mail, however.

 

2 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

3-I have not started studying civics 100 questions yet, should I?

If you haven't even filed the application yet, might be a bit soon to begin cramming for the test :)  However it's good to become familiar with it for memory retention purposes.

 

2 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

4- Will the fact me and spouse have been under medical for 3 years even tho I never used it, affect anything?

If they ask, do I tell them I been under it with my US spouse because he needed care but I never used it?

It won't affect anything, no.  They won't ask about whether you've ever used it or not.

 

2 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

6- 1 month trip outside of US is not an issue correct?

So long as trips outside the US are no longer than 6 months, and your total time spent in the US in any given year is longer than your time spent outside, it does not become an issue.

 

2 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

Can I provide the 3year IRS transcript for joint taxes instead of 1 for each year?

1 for each year in terms of ease of reading/viewing purposes.  Each transcript is only a couple of pages long, so it won't weigh down your postage or be long to upload (if filing online) if that is your concern.

 

2 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

8-Would any questions arise about the fact I entered us with b2 tourist visa? (I had 0 intents to get married or stayed, it just happened, I always planned to live in my home country as my family was wealthy there, but meeting my current spouse changed my course and I decided to live here for him, even tho now I have to work and be an adult lol.)

No.  Intent is determined at POE when you crossed the border.  The only way they would question you about this, is if they began to determine that you received your GC fraudulently...considering you already passed your AOS, and proved your bonafide marriage/relationship you have very little to worry about in this aspect and the most you may get at the N400 interview is the question of "how did you meet your spouse/how did you obtain your initial greencard"? Don't worry about this part of your application too much.  The IO interviewing your for the N400 will have your entire immigration file infront of them so they will already know this information beforehand, anyway. :) 

 

2 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

9- I got an ESA letter for our dog (emotional support so he can live with us in a no pet apartment policy) under anxiety claims, it was done online with an online therapist, would that affect anything?

I'm not sure why you think this would affect your application for citizenship in any way....but, no, it doesn't affect anything.

 

2 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

1- Do we have to submit all documentation since marriage ? Does that means repeating documentation already submitted with I765?

In some cases, yes.  The i-765 and N400 are two different applications sent to two different departments, and should be treated as such.

You are required to submit evidence pertaining to the previous 3 years since you are applying under the 3-year marriage eligibility.  In terms of any arrest/convictions, you are required to submit anything covering your entire life no matter what country it occurred in.

 

2 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

2- Is quarterly joint bank statements enough for a year, or should I provide like for 8 months out of a year at least?

Quarterly is fine.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

 

Applied for US Passport - requested Routine/ Regular Service

Oct. 27, 2017 (Day 00) - Submitted Passport Application, filed in person at Post Office

Oct. 30, 2017 (Day 03) - Online tracker shows application has been received and is under processing

Nov. 08, 2017 (Day 12) - Online tracker shows "in final stages" and projected completion time of 11/13/2017

Nov. 09, 2017 (Day 13) - Passport received in the mail.

Nov. 10, 2017 (Day 14) - Naturalization Certificate received back in the mail.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^. Great ! You should at least get a thumb up for an effort you have made. :)


N-400 Naturalization Journey SAN FRANCISCO FIELD OFFICE

Total processing time from last successful submission to Oath Ceremony: 253 days (8 months and 11 days)

Spoiler

02/26/2012: Arrived SF airport. 

11/28/2016: Eligible for early-filling.

Day 00 - 12/23/2016: Sent N-400 + I-942 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS.

Day 03 - 12/26/2016: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 25 - 01/17/2017: Sent email to support regards to application.

Day 26 - 01/18/2017: N-400 rejected because incorrect payment amount.

Day 32 - 01/24/2017: N-400 + I-942 resent.

Day 34 - 01/26/2017: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 49 - 02/10/2017: N-400 rejected again because incorrect payment amount.

Day 52 - 02/13/2017: Email form USCIS support responded package was rejected in error (!?) for the first and second time submissions, they requested 3rd resubmission + tracking number in order to apply my earliest priority date. 

Day 52 - 02/13/2017: N-400 + I-942 resent on the same day, also sent a response to Lockbox to provide information to USCIS.

Day 54 (Day 0) - 02/15/2017: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 62 (Day 8) - 02/23/2017: E-notification, E-mail from USCIS, E-mail from Support announced Resubmission was accepted.

Day 66 (Day 12)- 02/27/2017: Notice of Acceptance as Fees Waiver Approval received. (All fees were waived instead of reduced by half as supposed by filing form I-942)

Day 69 (Day 15) - 03/02/2017: Online Status Update: Fingerprint Appointment was scheduled. 

Day 70  (Day 16) - 03/03/2017: Fingerprint Appointment Letter received. Biometric will be on 3/15/17. 

Day 70  (Day 16) - 03/03/2017: Early Walked-In for Biometric at 3:45 PM.

Day 87 (Day 33) - 03/20/2017: Online Status Update: Case was placed in line for interview. 

Day 234 (Day 180) - 08/14/2017: Online Status Update: Interview has been scheduled.

Day 239 (Day 185) - 08/19/2017: Interview Letter received.

Day 269 (Day 215) - 09/18/2017: Interview 2:30 PM at USCIS SF Field Office. Recommended For Approval. 

Day 280 (Day 226) - 09/29/2017: Oath Ceremony Letter received. N400 is approved.

Day 291 (Day 237) - 10/10/2017: Last Online Status Update: Oath Letter was mailed. Too late!

Day 307 (Day 253) - 10/26/2017: Oath Ceremony in Oakland, CA. Citizenship granted.

Day 307 (Day 253) - 10/26/2017: Passport applied.

Day 321 (Day 267) - 11/09/2017: Passport Booklet received. 

Day 321 (Day 267) - 11/09/2017: Naturalization Certificate received. Journey done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Going through said:

Yes

 

Yes you can file the N400 online if you are eligible to do so.  See here for instructions on how to file online: https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/us_citizen_through_naturalization#benefit-related-content-2  I filed my N400 online, and for me it was beneficial and has so far been a very quick process from filing in July to getting an interview scheduled in September (you can see my timeline in my signature).  Whether it's better or not, I would suggest you do your own research on the possible pros and cons of filing online before making your decision---reading other threads here on VJ helped me decide to go with online filing.  Both ways are "safe", however.  The online filing does have a slight edge in "safety" when it comes to worrying about applications getting lost in the mail, however.

 

If you haven't even filed the application yet, might be a bit soon to begin cramming for the test :)  However it's good to become familiar with it for memory retention purposes.

 

It won't affect anything, no.  They won't ask about whether you've ever used it or not.

 

So long as trips outside the US are no longer than 6 months, and your total time spent in the US in any given year is longer than your time spent outside, it does not become an issue.

 

1 for each year in terms of ease of reading/viewing purposes.  Each transcript is only a couple of pages long, so it won't weigh down your postage or be long to upload (if filing online) if that is your concern.

 

No.  Intent is determined at POE when you crossed the border.  The only way they would question you about this, is if they began to determine that you received your GC fraudulently...considering you already passed your AOS, and proved your bonafide marriage/relationship you have very little to worry about in this aspect and the most you may get at the N400 interview is the question of "how did you meet your spouse/how did you obtain your initial greencard"? Don't worry about this part of your application too much.  The IO interviewing your for the N400 will have your entire immigration file infront of them so they will already know this information beforehand, anyway. :) 

 

I'm not sure why you think this would affect your application for citizenship in any way....but, no, it doesn't affect anything.

 

In some cases, yes.  The i-765 and N400 are two different applications sent to two different departments, and should be treated as such.

You are required to submit evidence pertaining to the previous 3 years since you are applying under the 3-year marriage eligibility.  In terms of any arrest/convictions, you are required to submit anything covering your entire life no matter what country it occurred in.

 

Quarterly is fine.

Thank you SO SO MUCH! I really appreciate it you are an angel!

 

I see your N400 interview is coming soon, I wish you THE BEST OF LUCK! :D

23 hours ago, mcdull said:

Pheeeeeeew.   Yes you can file n400 with a pending i751. 

 

I will let others answer the rest

haha! This made me laugh lol I don't blame you but thanks :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Going through said:

Yes

 

Yes you can file the N400 online if you are eligible to do so.  See here for instructions on how to file online: https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/us_citizen_through_naturalization#benefit-related-content-2  I filed my N400 online, and for me it was beneficial and has so far been a very quick process from filing in July to getting an interview scheduled in September (you can see my timeline in my signature).  Whether it's better or not, I would suggest you do your own research on the possible pros and cons of filing online before making your decision---reading other threads here on VJ helped me decide to go with online filing.  Both ways are "safe", however.  The online filing does have a slight edge in "safety" when it comes to worrying about applications getting lost in the mail, however.

 

If you haven't even filed the application yet, might be a bit soon to begin cramming for the test :)  However it's good to become familiar with it for memory retention purposes.

 

It won't affect anything, no.  They won't ask about whether you've ever used it or not.

 

So long as trips outside the US are no longer than 6 months, and your total time spent in the US in any given year is longer than your time spent outside, it does not become an issue.

 

1 for each year in terms of ease of reading/viewing purposes.  Each transcript is only a couple of pages long, so it won't weigh down your postage or be long to upload (if filing online) if that is your concern.

 

No.  Intent is determined at POE when you crossed the border.  The only way they would question you about this, is if they began to determine that you received your GC fraudulently...considering you already passed your AOS, and proved your bonafide marriage/relationship you have very little to worry about in this aspect and the most you may get at the N400 interview is the question of "how did you meet your spouse/how did you obtain your initial greencard"? Don't worry about this part of your application too much.  The IO interviewing your for the N400 will have your entire immigration file infront of them so they will already know this information beforehand, anyway. :) 

 

I'm not sure why you think this would affect your application for citizenship in any way....but, no, it doesn't affect anything.

 

In some cases, yes.  The i-765 and N400 are two different applications sent to two different departments, and should be treated as such.

You are required to submit evidence pertaining to the previous 3 years since you are applying under the 3-year marriage eligibility.  In terms of any arrest/convictions, you are required to submit anything covering your entire life no matter what country it occurred in.

 

Quarterly is fine.

 

 

Just some follow up questions about the online application if you don't mind...

 

 I did the little eligibility test online and said  : ''You may not be eligible to apply for naturalization at this time''

But I got the first GC at february 2015 so I am assuming I should be able to filed in november 2017 because it is the 90 day window to feb 2018 ...

 

I disregarded that and went forward to ''continue to application'' and it actually let me go to the ''start application'' page

 

So I actually started filling the first questions of the application already, I am assuming if I log out they will be saved right?

Should I just submit once the 90 day window opens or a bit after?

 

***Also, how did you upload the documentation? Did you scan the documents? and when it comes down to most documents/bills/green card copy, did you upload in pdf?

 

Thank you again God bless :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bahamamama234 said:

I did the little eligibility test online and said  : ''You may not be eligible to apply for naturalization at this time''

But I got the first GC at february 2015 so I am assuming I should be able to filed in november 2017 because it is the 90 day window to feb 2018 ...

 

I disregarded that and went forward to ''continue to application'' and it actually let me go to the ''start application'' page

 

So I actually started filling the first questions of the application already, I am assuming if I log out they will be saved right?

Should I just submit once the 90 day window opens or a bit after?

 

***Also, how did you upload the documentation? Did you scan the documents? and when it comes down to most documents/bills/green card copy, did you upload in pdf?

They will be saved when you log out, yes.  Submit the application once your window opens.  If you do it too soon they will carry you forward throughout the entire process right up to the interview where you will be denied based upon filing too early (it has happened to others around here, even to a woman because she filed one DAY too early.)  So make sure you are submitting the application when you are eligible to do so.

 

Scan your documents into PDF or JPEG (they accept a few other forms of uploading, can't remember all of them).  I opted to scan my forms in PDF, a few of them in JPEG because that's how I'd saved them to my computer originally.  I filed under the 5-year rule so didn't have to submit my taxes with my application (I will be bringing them to my interview, however).

 

When you are getting to the end of the online application, it will prompt you on which documents you need to upload before submitting based on how you filled it out.  Anything extra you want to send as evidence, upload it in the "Additional Evidence" section.


Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

 

Applied for US Passport - requested Routine/ Regular Service

Oct. 27, 2017 (Day 00) - Submitted Passport Application, filed in person at Post Office

Oct. 30, 2017 (Day 03) - Online tracker shows application has been received and is under processing

Nov. 08, 2017 (Day 12) - Online tracker shows "in final stages" and projected completion time of 11/13/2017

Nov. 09, 2017 (Day 13) - Passport received in the mail.

Nov. 10, 2017 (Day 14) - Naturalization Certificate received back in the mail.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 3:18 AM, Going through said:

They will be saved when you log out, yes.  Submit the application once your window opens.  If you do it too soon they will carry you forward throughout the entire process right up to the interview where you will be denied based upon filing too early (it has happened to others around here, even to a woman because she filed one DAY too early.)  So make sure you are submitting the application when you are eligible to do so.

 

Scan your documents into PDF or JPEG (they accept a few other forms of uploading, can't remember all of them).  I opted to scan my forms in PDF, a few of them in JPEG because that's how I'd saved them to my computer originally.  I filed under the 5-year rule so didn't have to submit my taxes with my application (I will be bringing them to my interview, however).

 

When you are getting to the end of the online application, it will prompt you on which documents you need to upload before submitting based on how you filled it out.  Anything extra you want to send as evidence, upload it in the "Additional Evidence" section.

Perfect reply! Thank you very much :)

 

So is ok if I already start filling the application right? As long as I just press submit once is the correct date of 90 day window?

 

Thanks (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2017 at 5:59 AM, bahamamama234 said:

Perfect reply! Thank you very much :)

 

So is ok if I already start filling the application right? As long as I just press submit once is the correct date of 90 day window?

 

Thanks (:

Yes.


Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

 

Applied for US Passport - requested Routine/ Regular Service

Oct. 27, 2017 (Day 00) - Submitted Passport Application, filed in person at Post Office

Oct. 30, 2017 (Day 03) - Online tracker shows application has been received and is under processing

Nov. 08, 2017 (Day 12) - Online tracker shows "in final stages" and projected completion time of 11/13/2017

Nov. 09, 2017 (Day 13) - Passport received in the mail.

Nov. 10, 2017 (Day 14) - Naturalization Certificate received back in the mail.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2017 at 6:40 AM, Going through said:

Yes.

Hello, 

 

While on this topic, i have a friend who was approved (ROC) a couple months ago. She was separated w/her spouse for a short period of time, and now they have worked things out and she's moving back w/her spouse this month. She wanted to know if she can file for the n-400 under the 3year rule but was confused because of the short period of separation. 

 

I am of the opinion that she shouldn't, as they count for continuous residence with spouse for that 3 years and she is short some months due to the period of separation (marital issues). I know there is no straight answer to this especially since if she applies for n-400, the officer will ask for the gap in her residence and review her file based on that. depending on who she gets, that may be a no no or yes maybe, we will approve pending further investigation.

 

Not sure what other vj'ers think and wanted to throw the question out there in case anyone had an input.

 

Should she file under the 3 year rule or wait to file under the 5 year rule. What does everyone think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bebe1 said:

Hello, 

 

While on this topic, i have a friend who was approved (ROC) a couple months ago. She was separated (physically separated, no legal separation) w/her spouse for a short period of time (marital issues), and now they have worked things out and she's moving back w/her spouse this month. She wanted to know if she can file for the n-400 under the 3year rule but was confused because of the short period of separation. 

 

I am of the opinion that she shouldn't, as they count for continuous residence with spouse for that 3 years and she is short some months due to the period of separation (marital issues). I know there is no straight answer to this especially since if she applies for n-400, the officer will ask for the gap in her residence and review her file based on that. depending on who she gets, that may be a no no or yes maybe, we will approve pending further investigation.

 

Not sure what other vj'ers think and wanted to throw the question out there in case anyone had an input.

 

Should she file under the 3 year rule or wait to file under the 5 year rule. What does everyone think?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×