Mvaca

What are the chances of getting denied

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ive been with the father of my kids for 6 years, we have 4 kids together. We filed for the fiance visa May 2017 (with cosponser). We met march 2011 in mexico thats (were he lives). All four of our kids are US citizens. We lived together in mexico but i had to move back to the US this year because our daughters started school. So now were just waiting for him to be with us. Just wondering if theres anyway that his visa could get denied? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If there's reason found, yes it can be denied.  Chance of public charge, criminal history, any previous overstay, if you ever filed for a K1 before for anyone else, etc.

Having USC children does not guarantee an approval.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Sure, there are plenty of ways to be refused a visa (public charge concern, criminal history, past immigration violations, etc.). But nothing you've said indicates you are likely to have an issue.

5 minutes ago, Umka36 said:

especially when the I-384 is not enforceable.

I-134* :P

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Merrytooth said:

failing medical exam -> e.g. smoking weeds.

Yep.  That's one many people don't think about in our culture.....but it has caused so many delayed cases....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Umka36 said:

Are you currently working? They could deny his visa if they believe he could be a public charge, especially when the I-384 is not enforceable.

No im not working just moved back to the US a month ago. 

3 minutes ago, Mvaca said:

Big problem.  How will you support a family of six in the US if you are not working?  That's just one issue.  I mean even with a co-sponsor how will you really cope?  Let's be real.  Co-sponsors don't really pay your bills for you.  They promise to so you can bring your husband and then you all get here and guess what, it's really up to you.

Edited by David & Zoila

Timeline
18 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

Big problem.  How will you support a family of six in the US if you are not working?  That's just one issue.  I mean even with a co-sponsor how will you really cope?  Let's be real.  Co-sponsors don't really pay your bills for you.  They promise to so you can bring your husband and then you all get here and guess what, it's really up to you.

Cosponsor does pay my bills, were doing it threw a lawyer and lawyer said my income doesnt matter aslong as i have cosponsor. 

Just now, Mvaca said:

Cosponsor does pay my bills, were doing it threw a lawyer and lawyer said my income doesnt matter aslong as i have cosponsor. 

No, you are not getting the point.  So you are a trust fund baby?  Or independently wealthy?  Of course your lawyer says it is legal if you have a co-sponsor but get real.  Your co-sponsor is not really going to pay all of your bills, house your entire family, buy food, pay the electric bill,water bill, kids clothing, etc...for the rest of your lives.  The reality is you will have to provide for a family of six.  And you are not working...hello?

16 minutes ago, Mvaca said:

I believe the point is that the US Government is going to look at your ability to support your family so they do not become a burden to taxpayers.  It will be a hard sell to tell the CO that you are able to support a family of 6 without any income at all.  The income will matter to the CO.  If you have a job and a co-sponsor they may have some questions but relying completely on the co-sponsor is going to be a really huge red flag.  I hope they approve you but I believe that may be a tough sell.

Minimum requirements for a family of 6 is between $33,000 and $42,000 depending on visa type.  That is a huge burden on the co-sponsor and I do not believe they are enforceable.  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I believe the point is that the US Government is going to look at your ability to support your family so they do not become a burden to taxpayers.  It will be a hard sell to tell the CO that you are able to support a family of 6 without any income at all.  The income will matter to the CO.  If you have a job and a co-sponsor they may have some questions but relying completely on the co-sponsor is going to be a really huge red flag.  I hope they approve you but I believe that may be a tough sell.

You hit the nail on the head!

53 minutes ago, Mvaca said:

I really suggest getting a job as soon as possible.  Show the CO that you are working and trying your best to support your family.  If you already are concerned about the question, get out in front of it and show that you are working.  It will come up and it will be better if you are not solely relying on the co-sponsor.  I wish you the best of luck.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.