PennyandLenard

Balikbayan box

47 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Davao has really changed in the last few years.  It is crowded like Cebu or Manila, not as dirty yet as Cebu.  For years people didn't go to Davao especially Americans, now it seems as if people are moving to Davao since Duterte won the Presidency.  Traffic just keeps getting worse and with silly speed limits implemented by Duterte years ago it just make for more traffic jams.

Yeah I know the traffic has been getting worse ughhhh, I really hate it because it was a nice tucked away city that had everything you wanted but was tucked away on Mindanao. I used to not see alot of Americans at all mainly they are older guys with a young wife. That's why we are looking at houses up around Tagum City to buy and live later on down the road. My asawa is from Compostela Valley and has family throughout the Davao Region so Tagum City is kinda central to the whole clan so to speak. 

2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Was that to the Philippines or from the Philippines?  I want to send the box from Manila (Pateros) to Chicago.

To the Philippines. Well if it's from Manila to Chicago it would be less time than mine took because it wouldn't have to go to Davao at all. So about 2 months at most is what I would count on. 

Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

To the Philippines. Well if it's from Manila to Chicago it would be less time than mine took because it wouldn't have to go to Davao at all. So about 2 months at most is what I would count on. 

Do I contact LBC in Manila?  This is all new to me but the more I think of it, the better I like it.  I prefer that they travel lighter if possible.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

Do I contact LBC in Manila?  This is all new to me but the more I think of it, the better I like it.  I prefer that they travel lighter if possible.

You would have to contact LBC in your area of Manila. 

1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

You would have to contact LBC in your area of Manila. 

Thank you.  I will get right on that.  I will be back in Manila in early December.  That may be a good time to get it all together.  We anticipate a very late November or early December NOA2 so the timing may be perfect.  Their clothes may be delivered the same time they are!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

You can also contact LBC through email and ask them customercare@lbcexpress.com. They have always been very good at responding in the past.

11 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

You can also contact LBC through email and ask them customercare@lbcexpress.com. They have always been very good at responding in the past.

Thank you.  I will do that right now.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Hank,

I know it is an older thread but how long did it take for the boxes to get there?

I am looking to ship some of my future asawa's clothes to the states so they dont have as much to carry on their flight.  I know it is pricey but it would be cheaper than extra baggage on the plane.

I don't know the cost or time frame,  I did receive a couple boxes from the Philippines, not sure if they sent them LBC but I know it only took a couple weeks, not months like with a BB box.  I would contact LBC on this.  I know we have two LBC branches near us here.

I will ask my asawa about how the box was shipped to us (her sisters shipped it).

* to my surprise the box was shipped FedEx from the Phils.  Don't know on the cost, but can't believe it was as expensive as shipping TO the Phils,  they would have never spent that kind of money.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

20 hours ago, John & Rose said:

But the taxis are more honest unlike Manila!!!!  I love getting the receipt with the drivers name and cost on it.

Taxi drivers have been much more honest in Davao for as long as I have been going.  Manila is the worst and Cebu is not far behind them in corrupt taxi drivers.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

19 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah I know the traffic has been getting worse ughhhh, I really hate it because it was a nice tucked away city that had everything you wanted but was tucked away on Mindanao. I used to not see alot of Americans at all mainly they are older guys with a young wife. That's why we are looking at houses up around Tagum City to buy and live later on down the road. My asawa is from Compostela Valley and has family throughout the Davao Region so Tagum City is kinda central to the whole clan so to speak. 

I have never been to Tagum, I need to go there so I can say I have been there done that.  Davao being a hidden secret is no longer.  I like being near an a major airport so Manila.Cebu or Davao was always my main stomping grounds. Davao mostly.  

I guess it maybe time to start looking for new ground,  the nice thing about Philippines you can hop a plane to about anywhere for less than $100

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, PennyandLenard said:

I wanted to move to the Philippines after retirement but husband doesn't want to. I considered all the possibilities, and I decided not to. Still a long way to retirement. I might change my mind again. Quien sabe. But right now the balikbayan box will be picked up by LBC on Tuesday. So I am looking forward to that. It's always nice to declutter the aparador before I turn into that proverbial "hoarding buried alive". 

My relative left first week of October for PI. He is Kano and his wife is from Davao area they have been married going on 20 years.   He just got a nice apartment in Davao in a nice subdivision with guard for 18K peso monthly.   He going to see if he can live there long term, if so he coming home to sell his house and it appears his wife doesn't want to resettle back in Philippines.

So this is probably the end of his marriage if she decides to stay in the USA.   

4 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

My relative left first week of October for PI. He is Kano and his wife is from Davao area they have been married going on 20 years.   He just got a nice apartment in Davao in a nice subdivision with guard for 18K peso monthly.   He going to see if he can live there long term, if so he coming home to sell his house and it appears his wife doesn't want to resettle back in Philippines.

That's weird then because my asawa and I totally want to retire there when we get older if you saw the earlier post then you would know what age I am right now. Even if I leave right now to the Philippines I can live comfortably off what I am making from the VA in Davao, even better in the outlying provinces and actually I would be saving even money compared to here. 

Why does she not want to come back to the Philippines to live, is she a citizen na or no? If she stayed in the USA and he left to Davao then he will be living big with all the local ladies.:jest:

4 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

I have never been to Tagum, I need to go there so I can say I have been there done that.  Davao being a hidden secret is no longer.  I like being near an a major airport so Manila.Cebu or Davao was always my main stomping grounds. Davao mostly.  

I guess it maybe time to start looking for new ground,  the nice thing about Philippines you can hop a plane to about anywhere for less than $100

Yeah I knew the secret was out when I was there last time in my wife's town and I saw a Indian motorcycle rider around town, it turns out that he is a 5/6er. 

That's what I love about the Philippines a plane ride can be gotten for less than $100 on most occasions going almost anywhere in the country.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Probably. A lot of them  filipino girls are single and available. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone of you going on bakasyon to the Philippines soon? Have you booked your itinerary yet? Still waiting for the boss to approve my request for time off. I heard you can take your BB box with you if you are flying PAL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.