CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, sylcar said:

Yes! We live in TJ and I commute to San Diego M-F.

Oh my goodness! That must be so difficult! But I totally get what your saying, I could not think of being away from my husband, at least with the I-601A waiver we are able to be with our spouse here in the US while pending approval and before the interview. Did he get denied at his interview? y

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 hours ago, CA1515 said:

You should double check with lawyer to see if they actually sent it and if it was received. You should have received something by now that seems like such a long time. Or I would suggest calling them to see if they have received maybe they are just behind on sending out the letters. And you are right when you get sent to do biometrics does NOT mean waiver is approved yet. They will send a separate letter in about 4-5 months to let you know if they approved your waiver or if denied or if they need more evidence. I am in the same boat as you just waiting to get any kind of response from them. :whistle:

Wow well its definitely good to know Im not in this boat alone. Have they already recieved your packet? Have u got your biometrics appt?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Latriguena19 said:

No hes here in the USA been here since he was 13

Sorry that was meant for @sylcar. But were able to find out anything about your waiver? Did your lawyer answer you?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Latriguena19 said:

Wow well its definitely good to know Im not in this boat alone. Have they already recieved your packet? Have u got your biometrics appt?

Yes I just spoke to our lawyer yesterday and it has been received but I have not received any letters from them yet. The check has not been cashed yet and no biometrics appt. Its been 2 weeks since it was sent for us.

Edited by CA1515

Timeline
2 minutes ago, CA1515 said:

Sorry that was meant for @sylcar. But were able to find out anything about your waiver? Did your lawyer answer you?

No he has not answered

Timeline
Just now, CA1515 said:

Yes I just spoke to our lawyer yesterday and it has been received but I have not received any letters from them yet. The check has not been cashed yet and no biometrics appt. Its been 2 weeks for us.

2 weeks seems to be ok. Its been over 2 months for me and nothing. Not even checm cleared

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Latriguena19 said:

2 weeks seems to be ok. Its been over 2 months for me and nothing. Not even checm cleared

Yes that is not normal! You should have definitely had something by now. I believe most get their fingerprint appt 1 month after they received your packet.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
38 minutes ago, CA1515 said:

Oh my goodness! That must be so difficult! But I totally get what your saying, I could not think of being away from my husband, at least with the I-601A waiver we are able to be with our spouse here in the US while pending approval and before the interview. Did he get denied at his interview? y

No, he left the US just before they approved for 601 waivers to be done while living in the US illegal. When we inquire with an attorney he was in the US and in 2015 we had no hopes for me to help him being in the country.

Timeline
1 minute ago, CA1515 said:

Yes that is not normal! You should have definitely had something by now. I believe most get their fingerprint appt 1 month after they received your packet.

Exactly what I was thinking. Seems that at least check would be cleared after 2 months

Timeline
1 minute ago, sylcar said:

No, he left the US just before they approved for 601 waivers to be done while living in the US illegal. When we inquire with an attorney he was in the US and in 2015 we had no hopes for me to help him being in the country.

How long did he have to stay out the country? Where is he from??? I filed the I601 A my husband is here in the US. Crazy that this has to be so difficult

Timeline
3 minutes ago, sylcar said:

Oh that is really difficult! But lets have positive hopes that everything will turn out okay. The wait will be all worth it in the end! 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Latriguena19 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Seems that at least check would be cleared after 2 months

Well let us know when you have heard anything. I really hope your lawyer actually sent it! That is what i am worried about that he might have just never sent it.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, CA1515 said:

Well let us know when you have heard anything. I really hope your lawyer actually sent it! That is what i am worried about that he might have just never sent it.

I will def keep you posted. I tried calling NVS this morning and the only thing they would tell me that the I130 was approved but in regards to the I601 A that my husband needs to call to get info. He dosent speak english so they said I would have to call with him on the line so he could give permission for them to talk to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.