CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, jhigareda41 said:

To everyone that has filed the i601A waiver, did you guys submit the AOS and ds260 at the same time? I have heard of people saying to wait for waiver approval before submitting everything else for fear of getting an interview appt before uscis makes a decision on the waiver. So does that mean NVC doesnt honor the email they send out saying it will NOT schedule Interview until uscis determines i601a? Just trying to get a feel for what others have done. 

I filed my ds260 before my i601a but canceled my appointment because the person that did mine before did not mention the i601a and what could happen. I have a lawyer now and nvc send out a periodic email every month saying the i601a is being processed and  that our appointment will not be scheduled until it has a response from uscis

22 minutes ago, vivigege said:

No, we did not. Our lawyer did not even mention it, I guess she wants go step by step. 

You should send it all in because even after approval of the i601a the ds260 does take 11wks. To process. I have sent all of my stuff in and am just waiting for approval and for my interview date and it will take less time.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, jhigareda41 said:

To everyone that has filed the i601A waiver, did you guys submit the AOS and ds260 at the same time? I have heard of people saying to wait for waiver approval before submitting everything else for fear of getting an interview appt before uscis makes a decision on the waiver. So does that mean NVC doesnt honor the email they send out saying it will NOT schedule Interview until uscis determines i601a? Just trying to get a feel for what others have done. 

We wanted to ! It seemed like a waste of time since the AOS / Civil Docs / DS260 takes up to 11 weeks to review. I scolded  our attorney that tried to say the same thing, "if they finish reviewing you will get scheduled before your waiver is approved, then what will you do ?"   Umm I'm pretty sure there's a way to reschedule after that, especially since USCIS sends that e-mail saying NOT to schedule. 

But he made us wait till we received the approval to submit, waited 9 weeks to get review and then another 8 weeks till we got scheduled.<_<

9 hours ago, jhigareda41 said:

I was wondering exactly the same thing. I have noticed split reviews on this matter...

40 minutes ago, Nena13 said:

You should send it all in because even after approval of the i601a the ds260 does take 11wks. To process. I have sent all of my stuff in and am just waiting for approval and for my interview date and it will take less time.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I think lawyers just want to stay in control and use scare tactics so that we keep paying and using their services, it's disgusting!  Uscis received ours back Nov 14th of 2017, and still waiting to hear back. But time is money and with Trump in office things can get more complicated sooner than later. @ lizziecakes sucks that your lawyer told you to wait. We're not using a lawyer and will be sending in our AOS and ds260 by the beginning of the month approval or no approval. That way it gets NVC a headstart on reviewing all the documents.

1 hour ago, jhigareda41 said:

That is exactly what I was thinking. I think lawyers just want to stay in control and use scare tactics so that we keep paying and using their services, it's disgusting!  Uscis received ours back Nov 14th of 2017, and still waiting to hear back. But time is money and with Trump in office things can get more complicated sooner than later. @ lizziecakes sucks that your lawyer told you to wait. We're not using a lawyer and will be sending in our AOS and ds260 by the beginning of the month approval or no approval. That way it gets NVC a headstart on reviewing all the documents.

Yes because if nvc needs something else it takes another 11 wks to review 

Timeline
On 1/29/2018 at 8:20 PM, Pichu23 said:

This is true, the person who assisted me was very nice and provided me all the information possible. They actually transferred me to someone that could give me more information. That is when he told me that we were approved. I just received my approval letter this past Friday. 

you where right. i guess my attorney got impatient and decide to call immigration he told us on Friday my husband 601a was approved since September of last year :):) now we just have to wait to receive the duplicate and wait for further instructions. 

Timeline
On 2/18/2018 at 8:11 AM, jhigareda41 said:

Yes you're right ! It all about scare tactics ! When we finally got the approval, it turned out that he was going to charge the AOS and DS260 as a whole separate process . So it was all about $$$$

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/15/2018 at 6:27 PM, maryLu said:

There are plenty of October approvals. Happy for them, but I wish I was one of them, that's all.

Any news on an approval for you yet? You filed in september right? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/17/2018 at 10:24 PM, jhigareda41 said:

Our lawyer will be filing ours when our i60a has about 6 months in. He says that it goes faster that way. We’ll see!!

47 minutes ago, Scajer25 said:

Our lawyer will be filing ours when our i60a has about 6 months in. He says that it goes faster that way. We’ll see!!

They can be sent in at the same time and nvc waits for uscis’ response. It goes faster to do them at the same time because the ds260 does take about 11wks to process and if you are missing something and they want you to mail it in it tales another 11wks to process. I had my interview scheduled in August but had to cancel because i was not aware of the i601a until i talked to someone who referred me to my lawyer. And NVC said they will await UscIS decision before they schedule your interview. Trust me the process is faster to do them at the same time  as you send one in at a time. I am just awaiting my reply for i601a then NVC will send my new interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.