alfa700

ages issues

72 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I went to Tunisia for 2 weeks... That was the extent of my visiting and marrying my husband. I can tell you that my husband put together a book of all our phone calls, the phone bill with highlighted my US phone number to his Tunisian one. All our messenger messages, our skype calls, video chat stills, photos from our time together in Tunisia. Every single time we talked, typed, texted all copied out and put in the book. All the times he sent me things, or I sent him things, receipts.. everything we could think of went in that book.. You have to do the work, put together your life together in a tidy package. He also put tabs on the sections to make it easier for the interviewer to look through.. It is what it is.. It took us quite awhile.. but he's here and that's all that matters.. We have mutual interests.. He's an old soul and I am young at heart.. a win win..  Peace. 

A footnote is.. the phrase someone was looking for was I believe "Love Rats" 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It was a local term, forget what it was, they hang around in internet cafes...

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
16 hours ago, caliliving said:

Thailand is not considered a hard embassay to get a k1 from. It's normal there for young woman to date older men. Unfortunately an older woman getting scammed from a younger Muslim man is quite common. 

Maybe not as hard as the scenario you mentioned, but definitely not a piece of cake. I know 2 couples that got denied. It's a highly fraudulent immigration country. I've done a ton of research the last 2 years. Many bar girls try to scam unknowing westerners to the US. A regular Thai girl can't even get a tourist visa here. I maintain that if you do your work and present a good case with evidence you can overcome the preconceived assumption that immigration has that you're a scammer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 10/13/2017 at 11:51 PM, sammar2056 said:

I went to Tunisia for 2 weeks... That was the extent of my visiting and marrying my husband. I can tell you that my husband put together a book of all our phone calls, the phone bill with highlighted my US phone number to his Tunisian one. All our messenger messages, our skype calls, video chat stills, photos from our time together in Tunisia. Every single time we talked, typed, texted all copied out and put in the book. All the times he sent me things, or I sent him things, receipts.. everything we could think of went in that book.. You have to do the work, put together your life together in a tidy package. He also put tabs on the sections to make it easier for the interviewer to look through.. It is what it is.. It took us quite awhile.. but he's here and that's all that matters.. We have mutual interests.. He's an old soul and I am young at heart.. a win win..  Peace. 

A footnote is.. the phrase someone was looking for was I believe "Love Rats" 

What is the age difference of you and your husband if you don't mind me asking?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am 17 years older than my Moroccan husband. BUT, I also lived in Morocco for nearly a year with him prior to us filing for our CR1. There will be questions and you will need proof. Could you not hold off on the process until she's able to make a few more visits ? It's better to have more face to face time in the long run than to file for a visa that you may have a slim chance of getting without more proof.

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 10/15/2017 at 7:40 PM, useful89 said:

What is the age difference of you and your husband if you don't mind me asking?

35 yrs.. Don't poo poo what you don't understand is what I keep saying.. ( like a broken record). We have been married quite happily I might add for 4 years. He has an old soul and I am the the young at heart so for us.. it works. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, sammar2056 said:

35 yrs.. Don't poo poo what you don't understand is what I keep saying.. ( like a broken record). We have been married quite happily I might add for 4 years. He has an old soul and I am the the young at heart so for us.. it works. 

Unfortunately, everyone always believes it works for them and they are the 'lucky' one. until it doesnt:/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 10/4/2017 at 6:45 PM, useful89 said:

You have to put it in the context of the country. North African men are notorious for scamming. It's not judging, it's discerning a genuine person from a scammer. The burden of proof lies on the beneficiary. It's simply not likely that most men whose fiancees are 20+ years older than them are legitimately into their fiancees. They even have slang words referring to this practice, it's so common

Really?  So there aren't American born men (and women) who don't scam American born women (and men) to get what they want???  Money, sex, property, status.............it happens everyday right here in America between Americans.

Just because someone wants a better life for themselves doesn't mean that they are not in love and want a future with the person who they meet and marry to immigrate with.  Sure, some people (men and women) don't care about being in love and in a genuine relationship to immigrate, but a lot of people are genuine with their USC partner. 

Yes, it's the COs job to weed the scammers out, but don't say that  "North African men are notorious for scamming" ..................why don't you say that about women marrying USC men 30 years older than her??  Do you really think they are ALL genuinely in love with the man?   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 minutes ago, AlgiersRahmani said:

Yes, it's the COs job to weed the scammers out, but don't say that  "North African men are notorious for scamming" ..................why don't you say that about women marrying USC men 30 years older than her??  Do you really think they are ALL genuinely in love with the man?   

Needs to be significant to warrant a specific Consulate warning.

Not just Muricans you see similar stories in the UK media.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
6 hours ago, AlgiersRahmani said:

Really?  So there aren't American born men (and women) who don't scam American born women (and men) to get what they want???  Money, sex, property, status.............it happens everyday right here in America between Americans.

Just because someone wants a better life for themselves doesn't mean that they are not in love and want a future with the person who they meet and marry to immigrate with.  Sure, some people (men and women) don't care about being in love and in a genuine relationship to immigrate, but a lot of people are genuine with their USC partner. 

Oh please, they're notorious even amongst themselves for doing it. Burying your head in the sand will get you nowhere. I'm not talking about your relationship, but as a whole definitely there is a sub-culture of Tunisian/Algerian/Moroccan society that is into doing this. They even have a specific phrase in the local dialect that refers to it. Have you ever been to a North African coastal tourist city, and seen young locals doting on older European women? You think that's all legitimate romance? 

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 9/13/2017 at 10:53 AM, bartaroumw said:

we spent one week together in person . we could not have more because of her work . so pictures and conversations and ring are not enough prove for genuine relationship ?

I am in the same position and just received our NOA2. Waiting for my case number so I can schedule the interview. We have been together almost two years now and visited him once for two weeks. Planning to go back this year. I heard the age gap is difficult to overcome in Morocco. I will try to keep you posted and let you know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.