alfa700

ages issues

72 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Abdeslam said:

age difference is a big issue , especially in an arabic culture , personally i feel it a scam no matter what evidence the couple provide i just cant believe that a 21 years old is in love with a 48 years old it doesn't make a sense  

And lots of times it proves to be that,  but you can't say that for everyone.  There are lots of genuine relationships with big age gaps that have in fact made it. Lots of them are on here as active members like @Cathi and @Adil & Jeanne for instance.  You saying anyone older marrying someone younger is always a scam, is a closed minded way of thinking. End of story. 

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
On 9/13/2017 at 6:32 PM, bartaroumw said:

hey me and my fiancee has filled form i129f for k-1  and we got noa1 on 25 april but we think age can be issue for us even our genuin relationship we have 20years space between us shes 42 yo and im 21 . is that can be a problem for getting deniel ? 

That was main (denied) I hope you would not. I wish you Good-Luck..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

I'm so glad most government officials are more understanding. It would break my heart to know that I'd denied people their chance of happiness by being so close minded. Who are we to judge? Why would age be less acceptable than a difference in religion, education, intelligence, color? Where does it end?

Who are we to judge? It is what we do.

The important fact often forgotten is the Immigration is a two way street, always options.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Who are we to judge? It is what we do.

The important fact often forgotten is the Immigration is a two way street, always options.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say? I understand people judge. I judge. It's a human thing to do. It's a survival skill. But I hate to see people get treated unfairly over it. Yes it's a red flag, but that does not mean all cases are fraudulent. 

What do you mean immigration is a two way street? You mean the USC can always move to the beneficiaries country? Thats not always an option. My bf has teens. He can't drag them all across the world to a country where they have no friends, they don't know the language nor the customs. I choose to go to the US cause it's easier for him. Not cause I want to be there. I want to be with him, wherever that is. I imagine it's the same for other people. Especially if the woman is older and has kids. She can't just up and leave them nor drag them off to a foreign country. What kind of an example would that be. 

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Timeline

Not all cases, reasonable to think most.

If she has children they are probably older than the BF but say they are in their tees make you wonder what they think of what is going on. However they will not be presumably younger teens for ever so we are just talking about a delay.

Always options.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

I'm so glad most government officials are more understanding. It would break my heart to know that I'd denied people their chance of happiness by being so close minded. Who are we to judge? Why would age be less acceptable than a difference in religion, education, intelligence, color? Where does it end?

You have to put it in the context of the country. North African men are notorious for scamming. It's not judging, it's discerning a genuine person from a scammer. The burden of proof lies on the beneficiary. It's simply not likely that most men whose fiancees are 20+ years older than them are legitimately into their fiancees. They even have slang words referring to this practice, it's so common

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Don't listen to the naysayers on the age difference. My husband and I.. I was 56 and he was 20 when we married 4 yrs ago in Tunisia. There are some that will always have something to say about our age difference.. and that's on them. My husband is here in the states with me and has been since July of 2015. The hardest time he had in coming here was the port of entry in Chicago. He had to endure the officer's getting in his face and demanding to know how much money he paid me to have me marry him... That was his "Welcome to America".. 

Other than that.. I can offer you advice on the subject.. Worry not. It does no good to worry and only robs you of precious time. Peace..

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, sammar2056 said:

Don't listen to the naysayers on the age difference. My husband and I.. I was 56 and he was 20 when we married 4 yrs ago in Tunisia. There are some that will always have something to say about our age difference.. and that's on them. My husband is here in the states with me and has been since July of 2015. The hardest time he had in coming here was the port of entry in Chicago. He had to endure the officer's getting in his face and demanding to know how much money he paid me to have me marry him... That was his "Welcome to America".. 

Other than that.. I can offer you advice on the subject.. Worry not. It does no good to worry and only robs you of precious time. Peace..

thank you so much you gave me a good push . i appreciate you words 

On 10/5/2017 at 12:45 PM, useful89 said:

You have to put it in the context of the country. North African men are notorious for scamming. It's not judging, it's discerning a genuine person from a scammer. The burden of proof lies on the beneficiary. It's simply not likely that most men whose fiancees are 20+ years older than them are legitimately into their fiancees. They even have slang words referring to this practice, it's so common

Unfortunatley when they see a trend, they tend to tar everyone with the same brush.

When it comes to a specific country/culture + certain other specifics, ie: North African male, large age gap, language barrier; if the most common outcome of that has been proven to be fraudulent, then it's assumed that the only outcome of that combination is fraudulent (at least on one party's side) even if that's not the case.  It sucks, but it happens. 

The best any of us really can do is be prepared with as much backing evidence as possible, and be prepared for the fact that it may be an uphill struggle if there are hurdles like age gaps, partner from a country where it's a high fraud area, etc. 

Filed: Timeline

My fiancé is 18 years younger than I am (she's 38 and I'm 56). She's also from a high immigration fraud country (Thailand) and we were approved easily. We did, however, have a lot of time together along with the evidence over a 2 year period. It's all about convincing the Immigration officers that you have a bonafide relationship. If you do, it should be relatively easy to see when they go through your visa application. Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, fordguy61mi said:

My fiancé is 18 years younger than I am (she's 38 and I'm 56). She's also from a high immigration fraud country (Thailand) and we were approved easily. We did, however, have a lot of time together along with the evidence over a 2 year period. It's all about convincing the Immigration officers that you have a bonafide relationship. If you do, it should be relatively easy to see when they go through your visa application. Good luck.

Thailand is not considered a hard embassay to get a k1 from. It's normal there for young woman to date older men. Unfortunately an older woman getting scammed from a younger Muslim man is quite common. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, caliliving said:

Thailand is not considered a hard embassay to get a k1 from. It's normal there for young woman to date older men. Unfortunately an older woman getting scammed from a younger Muslim man is quite common. 

Classic current VJ thread about one, common and very sad. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Boiler said:

Classic current VJ thread about one, common and very sad. 

true, but i dont think age is an issue.  alot of times it is false hope that a foreigner is in love with an unemployed USC. if you have nothing to offer a person besides a greencard, and you do not look like brad pitt, you should probably rethink your marriage.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, caliliving said:

true, but i dont think age is an issue.  alot of times it is false hope that a foreigner is in love with an unemployed USC. if you have nothing to offer a person besides a greencard, and you do not look like brad pitt, you should probably rethink your marriage.  

A lady I know did her Phd over there, not sure what in, but involved her being in country for a long time, need to ask her.

She laughed when I mentioned this to her, she said that it is a very well known activity, even have a special word for it which I forget.

Obviously not just American Ladies and inevitably there is an age difference, sometimes very significant. I know it has been covered by the UK media, no doubt German etc as well.

Edited by Boiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.