miki0630

Does RFE affect my EAD??

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
30 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Thanks.  I think they gave us enough problem with the K1 so thankful AOS went much better lol.

When you get a chance you should complete your timeline info.  It is really helpul for others to view.

I saw they denied your first interview, was surprised though...I will fill out the timeline info now....

I didn't know people actually look at the timeline until you pointed me towards yours.... Thanks for the heads up.

3 hours ago, sweetadams said:

Did you talk to a tier 2 officer that you have a job? Sometimes i really depends on who is handling your case. USCIS does not really have a definite answers to reason why some are delayed. Except the RFIE is about security concerns.

I would suggest you keep trying to speak with a friendly USCIS rep that will help you expedite. 

I talked twice to a tier 2. First time I said "well the customer representative said I can't expedite because my husband signed papers saying that he can support me through this process is that correct?!" And the second time I talked to one I told the lady that I'm gonna expedite based on financial loss (that was around Day 137) since Uscis won't let me expedite based on a job offer, because at this point it is financial loss for me. Each time they agreed and didn't say that I can expedite based on a job offer. I found out later that some people were able to expedite even though they didn't have a co-sponsor either but their partner was the main sponsor, so same situation as mine. I got my EAD card then anyways so I didn't look into that again. I know it's odd, there were quite a few people though that had the same problem as me. 

I think it's completely random whether the RFIE is going to affect the processing times or not. Some early March Filers were spared and still got their EAD on time but the majority had to wait a long time. Each time I talked to a tier 2 or also the service request answers were that they are trying to process my application within 90 days of the RFIE response receive date so I think it's pretty bold for people to claim that RFIEs don't reset the clock. Of course there are always exceptions but overall the majority is being affected and all USCIS parties claim that it resets the clock. 

• 10 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.