fcheese

Haven't heard from London DCF

15 posts in this topic

Hello

After a bit of craziness, we re-filed the I-130 application for my wife through DCF at the London embassy/USCIS. The package arrived through UPS 2 weeks ago but neither myself or our lawyer has received any notification yet. As a cashiers check was sent from our lawyer, the lawyer cannot see if the cheque was cashed as the funds are withdrawn immediately.

What should I do? Is this normal? How do I contact the embassy?

Thanks!

Not sure if this applies to the London office but I'll give you my experience with the Mexico City office. I and another VJ user never received NOA1, only NOA2 once the application was approved. I received my NOA2 9 days after submitting. According to the USCIS processing times (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/ptIntlIntro.do) the Mexico City office has a processing time of less than one month, while the London office has a processing time of 1.8 months.

From this information I gather that your application should be approved within 2 months. If London is similar to Mexico City then you might not receive NOA1.

Edited by Jorge Valdivia

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

One other thing, did you file the G-1145? It's the form that allows you to be notified via email. If you don't submit this form they'll notify you only via snail mail. I submitted the G-1145 and received NOA2 via email 1 day after approval, but received it via snail mail (they send both) 2 weeks after approval. If you didn't submit the G-1145 then your NOA1 may be in the mail.

DCF Mexico

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

USCIS.london@uscis.dhs.gov

0 207 894 0700 (from within the United Kingdom)

You should of heard something by now!! Call or e-mail.

Also I never received anything by mail. Everything was done by e-mail. So make sure they have your e-mail.

Edited by Confusedtinybird

Thanks for the advice guys.

I tried calling them and got an automated phone response. I sent them an email and got the following reply which left me more confused:

Overseas USCIS Field Offices  are unable to provide email notifications, that service is only available from USCIS Domestic Offices.

We do not provide status updates on I-130, please do not request status updates unless our 90 day processing time has been exceeded and you have not received any correspondence from us.

Thank you,

USCIS - London

I assume that they are just not going to get the NOA1 email/snail mail?

7 minutes ago, Confusedtinybird said:

Your lawyer has to cancel the original application. You can't have two applications going at the same time.

I don't have any evidence to back this up but I remember reading a thread on here a few months back where a similar thing happened. The conclusion was that you could have two applications going at once but that it wasn't ideal. I could be completely misremembering, though.

DCF Mexico

On 7 September 2017 at 8:38 AM, fcheese said:

Hello

After a bit of craziness, we re-filed the I-130 application for my wife through DCF at the London embassy/USCIS. The package arrived through UPS 2 weeks ago but neither myself or our lawyer has received any notification yet. As a cashiers check was sent from our lawyer, the lawyer cannot see if the cheque was cashed as the funds are withdrawn immediately.

What should I do? Is this normal? How do I contact the embassy?

Thanks!

Took mine a month for approval of the petition. You need to be a bit more patient as its a time consuming process. Relax.

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2017 at 12:43 PM, fcheese said:

Essentially he did not cancel the original application. We got the NOA1 from the first application though which was through Nebraska Field Office.

Any news?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.