jesseven

Will these materials be sufficient for wavier of interview?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi! It's my first making a post here. I'm currently preparing for my i-751 application and I will be a Sept filer. I didn't hire a lawyer this time as I did for my i-485. Compared with i-485, my materials this time make me worried that they may not be sufficient for USCIS to waive us an interview. The materials I am going submit are as follows.

Copy of our marriage certificate
  Copy of USCIS Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card) 
Copies of joint checking account statements for August and July 2017
Copies of the joint tax return statements for 2015 and 2016
Copy of the latest joint car insurance declarations
Copy of beneficiary statement of US citizen partner's life insurance
  Copy of beneficiary statement of US citizen partner's 401(k) and saving programs
  Copy of my driver license
  Copy of my pay statements
Two sworn affidavits by a US citizen family member and friend.
Photographs taken from home with each other or friends.(Unlike last time, we don't even have many since neither of us likes to be photographed, especially those travel pics since we mostly just stay home and chill on our days off because my flight attendant job takes me away from home a lot. Just some casual home or dinner selfies and pics with friends. Not sure if it'll be taken into consideration) My partner and I both work for the same company now, will it be a plus?

Actually I worry most about lack of enough documents proving that we live together during these two years since my name is not on utility bills or home mortgage. My partner doesn't really want me to be too much financially tied to him in case of any accident that can drag me into a desperate situation, such as bankruptcy.  I hope this wouldn't raise a red flag to USCIS.

Also I have another question here. Is the cover letter supposed to be written by my partner as shown on a lot of samples? However, I am the petitioner as filled on the i-751 form. I am very confused here.

Thank you guys for taking your time reading this post! Any answer will be appreciated!

Edited by jesseven

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, danda226 said:

Hi there,

is your I-751 jointly? If yes, why fear an interview? :)

I filed my I-751 and I didn't get an interview. I had a little less material than you.

The cover letter should be yours since you're the petitioner this time :) 

Good luck!

Thanks for answering! It's a joint application. 

i know the processing can take more than a year now but I really need to have it asap coz traveling is my job. It'll just make a lot of unnecessary trouble for me to travel back to the states.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You don't  need a copy of your marriage certificate. They already know you are married.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.