TarynL

Questions filling out I-129F

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone! I'm currently filling out the I-129F application for my fiancé and I. I had some questions maybe someone can help me out with! 

1. Something simple, but annoying! hahaha, on the first page where I am filling out my mailing address, I am living in an apartment. So I am filling out my address and I click the "Apt" box. The file won't let me type in my apartment number, I have all the correct adobe reader downloaded and everything. Is it a problem if I just physically write in my apartment number in ink? Or does anyone have any idea as to why it isn't letting me type it in?

2. For the part on the application where it is asking the address where my fiancé intends to live, what if we don't have that yet? Right now I am living in an apartment with roomates, but when he comes to visit me in December we are going to be looking for an apartment for our own but we won't know until later on where that'll be exactly. So should I put my actual home address in my hometown, my apartment address where I am now? Or how should I do that? 

3. For the question 62a, it is asking where my fiancé will apply for his visa, which U.S. consulate? It actually says "your beneficiary will apply for a visa abroad at the U.S. consulate or embassy at: 

what do we put for this question? Is this only if my fiancé is living outside of his home country (Brazil?) Because I don't know which consulate he would be at for his interview yet, and all that. 

4. The biographic information on the I-129F, that is pertaining to the petitioner, right? Specifically on page 9. 

Thanks a ton <3 

1. You can print and write with black pen OR just list the apartment number as part of the street address like you usually would. We did the latter without separating it and it wasn't an issue.
  2. Just put your current address first :) People move all the time so it's not an issue.
  3. If he is currently living and/or working legally in Brazil, he can get his application processed there. Otherwise, he'll have to go through the application in his home country.
  4. Yes, the petitioner's info.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
On 9/6/2017 at 11:14 PM, KULtoATL said:
  1. You can print and write with black pen OR just list the apartment number as part of the street address like you usually would. We did the latter without separating it and it wasn't an issue.
  2. Just put your current address first :) People move all the time so it's not an issue.
  3. If he is currently living and/or working legally in Brazil, he can get his application processed there. Otherwise, he'll have to go through the application in his home country.

3. There is consolates I believe in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, and Belo Horizonte. So how do I know which one of them to put? 

4. There is no place on the application for the beneficiarys biometric info, but I no longer need to do the biometric paper for my fiancé. Am I going to be missing something there? Or is the biometrics just about me now?? 

24 minutes ago, TarynL said:

3. There is consolates I believe in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, and Belo Horizonte. So how do I know which one of them to put? 

4. There is no place on the application for the beneficiarys biometric info, but I no longer need to do the biometric paper for my fiancé. Am I going to be missing something there? Or is the biometrics just about me now?? 

3. Only RDJ handles immigrant visa processing. K-1 is treated like one.

4. Only the US petitioner's biographic information is required in the current edition form. However, if you look closely, a lot of things that were asked in the G-325A and completed by the foreign beneficiary (US petitioner too) are everywhere in the I-129F e.g. employment history, address history etc.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Timeline
1 hour ago, KULtoATL said:

3. Only RDJ handles immigrant visa processing. K-1 is treated like one.

4. Only the US petitioner's biographic information is required in the current edition form. However, if you look closely, a lot of things that were asked in the G-325A and completed by the foreign beneficiary (US petitioner too) are everywhere in the I-129F e.g. employment history, address history etc.

Thanks so much for clearing this up for me! Much appreciated :)

Timeline
On 9/6/2017 at 11:14 PM, KULtoATL said:

Another question! For question 47A through 48, it is asking his physical address abroad.. What is this? Do I leave it blank or do I put his current address right now? He was born in Brazil and still currently lives and works in Brazil. Thanks! 

Just now, TarynL said:

Another question! For question 47A through 48, it is asking his physical address abroad.. What is this? Do I leave it blank or do I put his current address right now? He was born in Brazil and still currently lives and works in Brazil. Thanks! 

Yes, you'll need to input his current physical (meaning residence) address in Brazil. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.