but I haven't received my travel documents 

how long will I have to wait ? I'm traveling on 09/12/17

20 hours ago, Ana_2404 said:

I'm new in this !! 

I apply for advance parole through daca to visit my sick grandmother 

my question is I got approved on 08/29/17

but I haven't received my travel documents 

how long will I have to wait ? I'm traveling on 09/12/17

I am not an expert in this matter and just stumbled upon this thread but I just heard a discussion between a radio moderator and an immigration lawyer on the radio yesterday that were talking about the upcoming immigration issues revolving DACA. The lawyer said that the DACA recipients are being advised to not use their Advance of Parole anymore and stay in the country for now. 

I might be wrong too but this is what I heard the lawyer was saying. It was a radio show on an info channel in San Diego jfyi

With the issues surrounding DACA and the fact that Advance Parole applications are no longer being approved, I would suggest you do not travel. 

Complete: AOS
Married 06/12/2014
08/02/14: Concurrent filing of i130, i485 and i765.

07/20/15: Green card received!! 

Complete: ROC

Package Mailed: 05/11/17

Received: 05/12/17

Money Order cashed: 05/12/17

NOA Received: 05/22/17

Biometrics Notice (dated): 5/20/17

Appt date: 06/05/17 (complete)

Approval notice: 9/11/2018 (received 9/15/2018)

Card received: 9/18/2018

😍02/05/19: Welcomed baby girl into our family 😍

Current: Naturalization

03/13/2019 - submitted online N400 and paid fee

03/26/2019 - received biometrics notice scheduled for 4/5

04/05/2019 - completed biometrics

10/12/2019 - received interview noticed scheduled for 11/16

11/16/2019 - interview

11/21/2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

As others have stated above, it may be a good idea not to travel as DACA has been scrapped albeit a 6 month delay. On the other hand, if you happen to travel on your advance parole and were successful in returning to the US, you would have met the primary condition that is preventing DACA receipients from being able to AOS : entering with inspection. With this condition met, you will be able to adjust your status as an immediate relative of a US citizen (assuming you were married or plan to marry a US citizen).

The choice is yours. Good luck which ever direction you go!

Edited by MaleAlpha

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.