CaliCat

Trump splits with GOP to support Democrats' plan to package Harvey aid, debt ceiling, spending

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, spookyturtle said:

I read that when it was first published. I actually admired him back then. A lot changed in 30 years. His ego and arrogance got the best of him.

Yeah, good book, he didn't contribute much according to the ghost writer.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tahoma said:

Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan: "Apparently you missed class when they covered Negotiating 101."

Mitch and Paul to the prez: "next time stay in the truck while the adults talk"

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

2 hours ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Mitch and Paul to the prez: "next time stay in the truck while the adults talk"

That's why a large amount of Real Republicans hate those two with a PASSION. They are nothing but talk and don't want to do anything but further their own agenda. 

I am all for reaching across the aisle if it betters America as a whole. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

That's why a large amount of Real Republicans hate those two with a PASSION. They are nothing but talk and don't want to do anything but further their own agenda. 

I think it is interesting that conservatives (forgive me for making an assumption that you are conservative) blame Ryan and McConnell for everything that goes wrong, even when Trump undermines.their ability to do their job at every turn. 

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

12 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

I think it is interesting that conservatives (forgive me for making an assumption that you are conservative) blame Ryan and McConnell for everything that goes wrong, even when Trump undermines.their ability to do their job at every turn. 

I have had many conversations on here stating that "Yes, I am a Conservative" so no forgiveness needed. No, we blame those two for not having a backbone when actually needed on hardcore issues of the Republicans. All the while when it comes to stuff for the betterment of the country and they will act and prounce around like they are the Strongest men in the room like "That bill won't pass us blah blah blah. It really pisses me off to no end. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I have had many conversations on here stating that "Yes, I am a Conservative" so no forgiveness needed. No, we blame those two for not having a backbone when actually needed on hardcore issues of the Republicans. All the while when it comes to stuff for the betterment of the country and they will act and prounce around like they are the Strongest men in the room like "That bill won't pass us blah blah blah. It really pisses me off to no end. 

But seriously now, (switching away from Trump)the extreme right wing of the Republican party is blocking progress where any compromise with moderates (even inside their own party) is accommodated.  Repeal and replace is a textbook example. 

There is and emdedded cult like religion (borrowed that from the climate deniers here) that says liberals are ruining this country and must be pushed out of the scene. And by liberals we mean Susan Collins.

These folks are ruining the country. I bet you if Trump had not taken the debt ceiling off the table, we would be looking at another credit downgrade.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

5 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

But seriously now, (switching away from Trump)the extreme right wing of the Republican party is blocking progress where any compromise with moderates (even inside their own party) is accommodated.  Repeal and replace is a textbook example. 

There is and emdedded cult like religion (borrowed that from the climate deniers here) that says liberals are ruining this country and must be pushed out of the scene. And by liberals we mean Susan Collins.

These folks are ruining the country. I bet you if Trump had not taken the debt ceiling off the table, we would be looking at another credit downgrade.

I was thinking the exact same thing in regards to the credit downgrade as well the other day. 

The Freedom Caucus is the Far Right Wing of the Republican Party and I also agree with a fair number of their stances on things. But also for a number of things like the Repeal and Replace of Obamacare they wanted it to be like before where if you had a pre-existing condition then you wouldn't be covered, and I said on here as much about that "Sorry that cat is out of the bag now and it has be part of the new deal". That is one reason why Trumpcare was not passed. 

You could say the same exact thing for the Far Left as well that want to pander to the small minority causes that a large amount of mainstream people on both sides find appalling. I have in my office a guy who by all aspects of word is Middle of the Road on most things except for Climate Change(He believes in it), Healthcare, and Hating Trump. But he completely understands why people voted for Trump and how he won, it is all because people got tired of being told who they are. Oh you don't like this your racist, you don't like that well you Xenophobe, you like Guns then your a NUT, just like the Deplorables comment. Which by him and my standards is insane. You have politicians here in Los Angeles that would literally rather cater to the Illegal street vendors and homeless than care about the safety of home owners and citizens. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing in regards to the credit downgrade as well the other day. 

The Freedom Caucus is the Far Right Wing of the Republican Party and I also agree with a fair number of their stances on things. But also for a number of things like the Repeal and Replace of Obamacare they wanted it to be like before where if you had a pre-existing condition then you wouldn't be covered, and I said on here as much about that "Sorry that cat is out of the bag now and it has be part of the new deal". That is one reason why Trumpcare was not passed. 

You could say the same exact thing for the Far Left as well that want to pander to the small minority causes that a large amount of mainstream people on both sides find appalling. I have in my office a guy who by all aspects of word is Middle of the Road on most things except for Climate Change(He believes in it), Healthcare, and Hating Trump. But he completely understands why people voted for Trump and how he won, it is all because people got tired of being told who they are. Oh you don't like this your racist, you don't like that well you Xenophobe, you like Guns then your a NUT, just like the Deplorables comment. Which by him and my standards is insane. You have politicians here in Los Angeles that would literally rather cater to the Illegal street vendors and homeless than care about the safety of home owners and citizens. 

Okay we found some agreement in there somewhere.  

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Overall I think he got a fairly short end of this deal. The small 3 month extension allows the Dems to come back in 3 months to renegotiate/fight over all of their other agenda items without the Harvey aid being something that 'weighs" them down and has people call them out for not helping victims.

That being said, I applaud the President for realizing this wasn't the time to be a hard line negotiator. I'm not going to make fun of him for that. The Harvey aid should have been pissed without anything else attached to it, but he did want needed to be done to get it through even though it may hurt "his side" down the line.

12 minutes ago, bcking said:

Overall I think he got a fairly short end of this deal. The small 3 month extension allows the Dems to come back in 3 months to renegotiate/fight over all of their other agenda items without the Harvey aid being something that 'weighs" them down and has people call them out for not helping victims.

That being said, I applaud the President for realizing this wasn't the time to be a hard line negotiator. I'm not going to make fun of him for that. The Harvey aid should have been pissed without anything else attached to it, but he did want needed to be done to get it through even though it may hurt "his side" down the line.

The Harvey aid was pissed?  😂

16 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Passed :)

I expected some recognition from you that I am complimenting the President ;)

35 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I hear you are doing better Nature Boy, you claiming it's an act of God. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The true miracle is NB's having caught a fingergraphical error -- and by someone else.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
26 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

The true miracle is NB's having caught a fingergraphical error -- and by someone else.

:jest:

14 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

DJD4OVRXcAAs-Ke.jpg

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg