Peter winfrey

Left the u.s.a without advanced parole

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Peter winfrey said:

I'm from England so our cultures clashed immensely.

I know enough folks from England who ended up marrying people from countries like India, Turkey, US, Mexico and their marriages are going strong. Sorry to say, but this seems to have to do with compatibility...reality and perhaps some responsibility too!

All the drinking at the weekend and looking for a good time showed her a very irresponsible person.

Errr, looking for a good time? :blink:

But I also had savings which I worked very hard for, so spending everything on paperwork seemed such a waste to me. 

How do I put this....so that it sounds a little less brash. I am having a real hard time believing that this is a legitimate post especially after reading the above comment/s, but I could be wrong. 

Either way, some counseling seems in order.

Edited by amul

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Quicker option would be for her to be the one that moved.

May be cheaper.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife and I knew this process would take a lot of time and money (over $1500 so far in USCIS fees alone). Perhaps next time it would be helpful to understand what you're signing up for before getting engaged/married. Being married is tough enough; trying to navigate the maze of paperwork and bureaucracy of the immigration system is a whole other ballgame. Layering a big culture shock on top of all that is a recipe for disaster unless you both make an effort to understand each other's differences. 

K1 visa journey: 107 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

01 Oct 2016    Mailed I-129F packet (27 pages)
12 Oct 2016    NOA1 SMS and e-mail
03 Nov 2016    NOA2 SMS

24 Jan 2017    Interview
27 Jan 2017    Visa in hand
09 Feb 2017    POE Philadelphia, PA

AOS journey: 256 days from NOA1 to GC in hand

Spoiler

06 Apr 2017    Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 packet (83 pages)

12 Apr 2017    I-485/I-131/I-765 packet delivered

26 May 2017    Biometrics appointment

25 Aug 2017    EAD/AP card approved

07 Dec 2017    AOS interview

18 Dec 2017    Conditional (2 year) GC in hand!

ROC journey: 374 days

Spoiler

09 Sep 2019    Mailed ROC packet via USPS Priority Mail (ETA 11 Sep)

20 Sep 2019    NOA1/18-month extension letter received

23 Jan 2020    Biometrics appointment

17 Sep 2020    Case approved without interview

Citizenship journey

09 Sep 2020      Submitted N-400 online

10 Dec 2020      Received biometrics reuse notice

20 Apr 2021      Received interview notice

25 May 2021      Interview - RFE for marital evidence

26 May 2021      RFE response submitted online

Cumulative number of pages sent to USCIS: 632

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, Peter winfrey said:

Okay thank you. Is there a visa which will make her love me again?... You apply for it and automatically she feels good about the relationship lol

Do you just need a visa & not the marriage, she should visit you & you both talk over this

matter & look into some counselling before trying to return, did she say you should return

Thanks for all the input. My marriage was never based on me wanting a green card or some kind of better life, I actually gave up a very well paid job, my drivers license, my heavy goods vehicle license, motorcycle license, sold everything I had and left my family to be with a woman whom I thought was the "one". I visited her 5 times in total, stayed out there for Christmas twice and she came over to England too, so it wasn't something we rushed in to. But when we lived together then the cracks started to appear and the clash of cultures were very strong. In England, any get together with families of celebrations are based around drinking. In America is based around food. But also, it's hard for a person to not miss home and yearn for what he knows best and where he feels the most comfortable. So the green card scam is out of the question and cannot be throw up for debate, because if my soul purpose of being with the woman was for immigration reasons, then why am I back home?. It's a question of having a little bit of turbulence during our marriage and me weighing up the options as to what we can potentially do to fix things. Thanks  for everyone's input, I appreciate the feedback

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, Peter winfrey said:

Thanks for all the input. My marriage was never based on me wanting a green card or some kind of better life, I actually gave up a very well paid job, my drivers license, my heavy goods vehicle license, motorcycle license, sold everything I had and left my family to be with a woman whom I thought was the "one". I visited her 5 times in total, stayed out there for Christmas twice and she came over to England too, so it wasn't something we rushed in to. But when we lived together then the cracks started to appear and the clash of cultures were very strong. In England, any get together with families of celebrations are based around drinking. In America is based around food. But also, it's hard for a person to not miss home and yearn for what he knows best and where he feels the most comfortable. So the green card scam is out of the question and cannot be throw up for debate, because if my soul purpose of being with the woman was for immigration reasons, then why am I back home?. It's a question of having a little bit of turbulence during our marriage and me weighing up the options as to what we can potentially do to fix things. Thanks  for everyone's input, I appreciate the feedback

Living together is hard, especially after doing long distance. My husband and I had our challenges in the first couple of months, but talking and being honest and kind to each other got us through it. As for cultural differences - I'm from Eastern Europe and he is American - as cultural differences go, it's like the moon and the sun. But simply being from a certain place in the world doesn't define you entirely. You say England is a culture of drinking - as someone who travels to England often and has many English friends, I can't disagree with you more. Drinking is not the number one defining characteristic of your culture. Don't blame your country for your own shortcomings - own up to your mistakes and make efforts to be there for your wife. As someone who has also given up on a great job, great apartment, close group of friends and financial security to move to a foreign country to be with "the one", giving up on all those things was the easy part - it's being there for each other day after day and building your marriage that is the hard part. Good luck!

It's just strange reading what you say about the process of moving here and your relationship. Mostly because my moving to the US to marry my husband was such an exciting adventure. Obviously it was hard saying goodbye to family for who-knows how long, but it still didn't feel like that much of a sacrifice to me. I miss my home country sometimes, but never enough to make me want to live there again. I also come from a country where social gatherings have a tendency to revolve around alcohol, but i've never felt compelled to drink just because of that..i actually haven't drank since 2015. It sounds your problems with alcohol and "having a good time" are your own issue, not a result of your "culture". My husband and I have been through some really hard times. Going through this process and adjusting to living together after a long-distance relationship is a lot to deal with at once. But there was love and commitment to our relationship on both sides, and we worked through it. Now almost 4 years married and our relationship is the best it has ever been!

This is just my opinion, but I don't think wanting to be with someone is a good enough reason to move to a new country, you have to want to actually live there for yourself as well. Maybe you should consider that this visa journey is just not for you...

Edited by jeffkadrliktorr

5 hours ago, Peter winfrey said:

I totally get it. I have found it extremely difficult to adjust here. I thought it would be easy, but the cultural differences I have found quite profound. I have been here 3 and a half years ago and I still miss home.  Like you I left every thing behind, my job, my home, my car but most importantly my family, including my son and my cat.   I miss little things like walking on pavements/sidewalks to beans on toast.  My husband and I are complete opposites, he is a morning person, I a night owl. He is quiet and I am a sociable butterfly.  

You can work through those differences and compromise. If you decide to apply for a marriage visa, at least you will have the ability to work and have your own social circle and drive here.  It can be quite isolating if you don't have those things especially if you have no friends. Obviously it also depends on which area of the USA you live, if you live in the country side it can be quite isolating with no transportation. If you live in the city Im sure it can be filled with excitement and such. It will take time and effort to make it work, a lot of compromises too.  Another good thing is that if you go for the marriage visa, at least you will be able to leave the country and visit friends and family if you need to do so  Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

1 hour ago, shell20 said:

I totally get it. I have found it extremely difficult to adjust here. I thought it would be easy, but the cultural differences I have found quite profound. I have been here 3 and a half years ago and I still miss home.  Like you I left every thing behind, my job, my home, my car but most importantly my family, including my son and my cat.   I miss little things like walking on pavements/sidewalks to beans on toast.  My husband and I are complete opposites, he is a morning person, I a night owl. He is quiet and I am a sociable butterfly.  

You can work through those differences and compromise. If you decide to apply for a marriage visa, at least you will have the ability to work and have your own social circle and drive here.  It can be quite isolating if you don't have those things especially if you have no friends. Obviously it also depends on which area of the USA you live, if you live in the country side it can be quite isolating with no transportation. If you live in the city Im sure it can be filled with excitement and such. It will take time and effort to make it work, a lot of compromises too.  Another good thing is that if you go for the marriage visa, at least you will be able to leave the country and visit friends and family if you need to do so  Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Shell you know exactly where I'm coming from. Although you live there you always feel like the guest or that weird guy/gal with the funny accent who is a bit strange and there's something not quite right about them. 

You talk about England, oh I remember this one time in England, then people cut you off and go Oh here he goes again, always talking about England. 

Then there the memories of your childhood, the people you've met and the places you've been, that time you went to your mates house and the best night ever. 

You feel misunderstood and always the foreigner who is on a long vacation and one day vows to return to that place where everything makes sense. 

When I got off the plane in England, the air felt so clean like I could breath again. There were no confusing instances in shops or stores, everybody could understand me and once again it felt like home. Yeah we don't have the Disney world and 85 lane highways, but do we really need that?. I know find myself walking to see my family and travelling no more than two miles to get to work. Then the cultural difference is something that no American will ever understand, you just feel accepted and normal amongst everyone you meet. Sure a Brit in America has a certain charm, but if your the brit then it soon gets tiring and you grow weary of talking in the "british" accent and explain the monarchy. After a while it feels more and more less like you belong there 

2 minutes ago, Peter winfrey said:

Shell you know exactly where I'm coming from. Although you live there you always feel like the guest or that weird guy/gal with the funny accent who is a bit strange and there's something not quite right about them. 

You talk about England, oh I remember this one time in England, then people cut you off and go Oh here he goes again, always talking about England. 

Then there the memories of your childhood, the people you've met and the places you've been, that time you went to your mates house and the best night ever. 

You feel misunderstood and always the foreigner who is on a long vacation and one day vows to return to that place where everything makes sense. 

When I got off the plane in England, the air felt so clean like I could breath again. There were no confusing instances in shops or stores, everybody could understand me and once again it felt like home. Yeah we don't have the Disney world and 85 lane highways, but do we really need that?. I know find myself walking to see my family and travelling no more than two miles to get to work. Then the cultural difference is something that no American will ever understand, you just feel accepted and normal amongst everyone you meet. Sure a Brit in America has a certain charm, but if your the brit then it soon gets tiring and you grow weary of talking in the "british" accent and explain the monarchy. After a while it feels more and more less like you belong there 

I totally understand what you mean. I never thought it would be such a vast difference. I often see my friends online from England and they have had a good night out and I miss that. I do go home often to curb that home sickness and I am due to be meeting my friend from England in NYC and the first thing they said to me when they booked it was lets hit the bars!     

I don't know what to say, I came here as my husband had children still at school and my son was grown up. WE have discussed moving to England, although being older it might be harder for us to settle and I am hesitant if my husband will even like it over there, as its such a different way of life.  I guess its something you need to discuss with your wife and see if you can both find a solution. I have often spoken to my husband about moving state and jobs as we are in the country and I am more a city girl, but unfortunately the job opportunities over here have not been forthcoming.  So which ever way we turn its hard, but its made us stronger as a couple. 

Just now, shell20 said:

I totally understand what you mean. I never thought it would be such a vast difference. I often see my friends online from England and they have had a good night out and I miss that. I do go home often to curb that home sickness and I am due to be meeting my friend from England in NYC and the first thing they said to me when they booked it was lets hit the bars!     

I don't know what to say, I came here as my husband had children still at school and my son was grown up. WE have discussed moving to England, although being older it might be harder for us to settle and I am hesitant if my husband will even like it over there, as its such a different way of life.  I guess its something you need to discuss with your wife and see if you can both find a solution. I have often spoken to my husband about moving state and jobs as we are in the country and I am more a city girl, but unfortunately the job opportunities over here have not been forthcoming.  So which ever way we turn its hard, but its made us stronger as a couple. 

They say that brits will assimilate into the USA quite easily, but the opposite is doesn't really work. I think that Americans have the best standard of living and it is definitely a better country, but at the same time it's not home. Home is where your people are, the people who are like you. It's really hard to wrap your head around. After speaking to my mum on the phone from America, it was as though there was finally one person in the world I could relate to. Sure Americans are nice people, smart, educated and friendly, but there is always that ONE thing that you miss and it's cultural. You can never feel at home until maybe you've been there for 10 years and you've become an "american" 

4 minutes ago, Peter winfrey said:

They say that brits will assimilate into the USA quite easily, but the opposite is doesn't really work. I think that Americans have the best standard of living and it is definitely a better country, but at the same time it's not home. Home is where your people are, the people who are like you. It's really hard to wrap your head around. After speaking to my mum on the phone from America, it was as though there was finally one person in the world I could relate to. Sure Americans are nice people, smart, educated and friendly, but there is always that ONE thing that you miss and it's cultural. You can never feel at home until maybe you've been there for 10 years and you've become an "american" 

I honestly believe its where you are in the USA and who you know.   You're right the lifestyle is vastly different. I am not sure its a better standard of living, just a different standard of living, bigger houses for sure. (Gosh I sounded American). Different way of doing things too I do believe that food is probably more sociable here whereas in England as we both well know as soon as the sun is out, which is rare we all have a barbecue with beer or go to the pub for a drink in the beer garden I don't do that personally as I'm not a day time drinker.  We adore our weekends where we go to restaurants and pubs. We tend not to go to restaurants as much during the week as its far too expensive unless you're rich. Here I'v found that we tend to dine out far more and think nothing of it.  

I think you need to have a long hard think about moving over here to be with your wife and weigh up your options whether or not it would be better if she came over to England instead, the only trouble I conceive with that is she may have a big culture shock too. My husband and I are still thinking about going to England, its a HUGE move for him at his age and an even bigger gamble, so we won't rush into any immediate decision as I hope you and your wife dont.

I'm from England & have not had the problem you experienced, this may be because my husband and I are similar in most ways, both drink only occasionally, happy to have a houseful of people to feed and equally happy to have time on our own. We share interests (not all) and I can honestly say that no one has had a problem with my accent, every one I have met has been friendly, interested in life in England and helpful.

We had some rough times in the first few months and of course I miss my friends and family and just things from home but I get a regular care package sent out, speak to my family daily and they come to visit.

Life here is different yes but like life anywhere it's what you make it.

I wish you happiness wherever life takes you :)

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
23 hours ago, NigeriaorBust said:

Sounds like a couple of AA meetings might help.

Why?

I see nothing that indicates alcohol addiction.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.