notantifun

CEAC status is ISSUED, safe to buy ticket?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello.

I had my interview last Friday and CO approved on the spot. My case was on Admin Processing from Friday, Sept 1 to Sept 5. This morning, the status changed to Issued. I've tried tracking it on the 2Go website but it's not coming back with anything so it looks like my Passport hasn't been forwarded to them yet.

My question is, should I wait until I can track my visa on the courier's tracking system or should I I hold off buying my plane tickets altogether until I have my visa in hand?

Tickets are becoming pricier as days go by thus my question. BTW, I just live in Metro Manila so delivery should just take 4 days max. 

Thank you for your feedback.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The golden rule is wait until visa in hand.  You literally are almost there.  A few more days is nothing.  

If it were me I would wait.  My then fiance called me as soon as he stepped out of the DHL office.  The minute I knew he had it in hand I booked flights.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

We waited until visa was in hand to book too.  But if you're willing to take the small risk, go for it......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Best to wait till you get your visa in hand. Anything can happen between now and then. Prudence should always be exercised when it comes to US immigration :) Congratulations on the visa approval!

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline

I took the risk of booking the flight two weeks after my fiancee's interview.  She had her interview on August 24, and I booked the tickets for this Friday (Sept 8).  In hindsight, I would wait until the visa is in hand to book the tickets as I spent $1,200 on mine and her tickets and was worrying the whole time whether we would have the passport in time.  But thankfully it only took 6 business days (passport received Sept 6) for the passport to get picked up.

I would suggesting booking them at least 3 weeks away if you are gonna do it, but waiting to actually receive the passport is a much better option.  Good luck!

TIMELINE

03/14/2017 - I-129F package for K-1 visa sent to Lewisville, TX lockbox via Fedex Ground

03/17/2017 - Package delivery confirmed and "Received Date" per NOA1

06/21/2017 - NOA2 Approval

7/10/2017 - Embassy Received

8/10/2017 - Medical exam complete (one day)

8/24/2017 - Interview at embassy in Manila - Approved

Timeline
32 minutes ago, notantifun said:

Hello.

I had my interview last Friday and CO approved on the spot. My case was on Admin Processing from Friday, Sept 1 to Sept 5. This morning, the status changed to Issued. I've tried tracking it on the 2Go website but it's not coming back with anything so it looks like my Passport hasn't been forwarded to them yet.

My question is, should I wait until I can track my visa on the courier's tracking system or should I I hold off buying my plane tickets altogether until I have my visa in hand?

Tickets are becoming pricier as days go by thus my question. BTW, I just live in Metro Manila so delivery should just take 4 days max. 

Thank you for your feedback.

Best to wait your visa before getting tickets. Congrats on your visa approval,but want to ask when did you file your case and how long have you waited for approval?thank you.

Timeline

Looks like the consensus is to wait for my visa in hand.

I'm flying to the US by around 2nd week of October which leaves me plenty of time. Except, I will be flying first to Australia and I already saw the cheapest flight on September 30. I actually like the suggestion below but of course I'm still anxious if I should proceed. The thing is I can only start booking my accommodations in Autralis and plane ticket to the US once I've booked my ticket to Australia. I get that we wanna be careful but what are the chances of my getting delayed at this point? Issued means the visa has been printed right?

5 minutes ago, Ben & Judy Mae said:

I took the risk of booking the flight two weeks after my fiancee's interview.  She had her interview on August 24, and I booked the tickets for this Friday (Sept 8).  In hindsight, I would wait until the visa is in hand to book the tickets as I spent $1,200 on mine and her tickets and was worrying the whole time whether we would have the passport in time.  But thankfully it only took 6 business days (passport received Sept 6) for the passport to get picked up.

I would suggesting booking them at least 3 weeks away if you are gonna do it, but waiting to actually receive the passport is a much better option.  Good luck!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, star26 said:

Best to wait your visa before getting tickets. Congrats on your visa approval,but want to ask when did you file your case and how long have you waited for approval?thank you.

NOA1 was January 6, 2017 and I was Approved September 1, 2017. I got held up due to the dreaded sputum test. It's 238 days :D

Timeline
1 minute ago, notantifun said:

NOA1 was January 6, 2017 and I was Approved September 1, 2017. I got held up due to the dreaded sputum test. It's 238 days :D

Wow it's been 8mos,but happy for you guys! Btw your approval dates was the same or closer to your visa journey estimated approval dates given?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, notantifun said:

I'm flying to the US by around 2nd week of October which leaves me plenty of time. Except, I will be flying first to Australia and I already saw the cheapest flight on September 30. I actually like the suggestion below but of course I'm still anxious if I should proceed. The thing is I can only start booking my accommodations in Autralis and plane ticket to the US once I've booked my ticket to Australia. I get that we wanna be careful but what are the chances of my getting delayed at this point? Issued means the visa has been printed right?

The CO told my fiancee after her interview that the passport would be ready in 5-10 business days.  And from my observations on VisaJourney, its seems that is correct as MOST filipino k-1 applicants do receive their passports within 2 weeks of the interview.  Booking your tickets now is a small risk, but it is still a risk.  I would suggest that you don't book any tickets if you cannot afford to lose the money.  If my fiancee's passport was not received in time it would be upsetting, but I was still in a position where I could book another set of tickets just in case.

TIMELINE

03/14/2017 - I-129F package for K-1 visa sent to Lewisville, TX lockbox via Fedex Ground

03/17/2017 - Package delivery confirmed and "Received Date" per NOA1

06/21/2017 - NOA2 Approval

7/10/2017 - Embassy Received

8/10/2017 - Medical exam complete (one day)

8/24/2017 - Interview at embassy in Manila - Approved

Timeline
2 minutes ago, star26 said:

Wow it's been 8mos,but happy for you guys! Btw your approval dates was the same or closer to your visa journey estimated approval dates given?

The initial VJ estimate for NOA2 was April 1-6 but we got our NOA2 May 8, 2017. We sent in our i129F on January 3. There are still a few January filers who haven't gotten their NOA2.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ben & Judy Mae said:

The CO told my fiancee after her interview that the passport would be ready in 5-10 business days.  And from my observations on VisaJourney, its seems that is correct as MOST filipino k-1 applicants do receive their passports within 2 weeks of the interview.  

That's what I was thinking too that's why I thought why not book now.

6 minutes ago, Ben & Judy Mae said:

Booking your tickets now is a small risk, but it is still a risk.  I would suggest that you don't book any tickets if you cannot afford to lose the money.  If my fiancee's passport was not received in time it would be upsetting, but I was still in a position where I could book another set of tickets just in case.

You're definitely right. It is a small risk but still a risk. 

And I definitely don't want to lose money but if you think about it I am already losing money since tickets are becoming pricier for each day that passes :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
34 minutes ago, notantifun said:

I've been on this forum for a few years.  Let's see, I've read all kinds of crazy things happening...DHL delivery truck robbed and all passports/visas were stolen, embassy visa printing inability, etc.  Albeit rare instances but it seems you don't want to wait so.....

Good Luck!

Timeline
1 minute ago, LionessDeon said:

I've been on this forum for a few years.  Let's see, I've read all kinds of crazy things happening...DHL delivery truck robbed and all passports/visas were stolen, embassy visa printing inability, etc.  Albeit rare instances but it seems you don't want to wait so.....

Good Luck!

Not that I don't wanna wait, more like weighing my options based on people's experiences and suggestions.

I would actually go with wait til visa is in hand. 

31 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Good Luck!

Yup...it's been crazy. The more common one I've seen is that the sealed envelope is damaged during shipping/delivery, and needs to be sent back to the embassy to re-seal, which can add a week or 2 to your timeline.

Edit: Or there's a mistake on the visa itself....i.e. a misspelled name, wrong DOB, etc.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.