Boiler

DACA recipients should prepare for departure from the United States

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Washington (CNN)White House talking points on Tuesday urged DACA recipients to prepare for a "departure from the United States," a much starker possible future than Trump administration officials used in public when announcing an end to the program

The statement was contained in a background document that was sent by the White House to offices on Capitol Hill, obtained by CNN from multiple sources.
In the "DACA talking points" memo, the White House laid out a number of bullet points for supporters on Tuesday's announcement outlining the administration's action. One bullet point suggests DACA participants should prepare to leave the country.
"The Department of Homeland Security urges DACA recipients to use the time remaining on their work authorizations to prepare for and arrange their departure from the United States -- including proactively seeking travel documentation -- or to apply for other immigration benefits for which they may be eligible," the memo says.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hypnos said:

Well at least Trump has great heart for DACA beneficiaries. I'm sure that will comfort them greatly as they traverse foreign streets perhaps not speaking the local language. 

I hear Google Translate is actually pretty good these days. 

Odd you should mention that, Channel 2 locally just covered the situation with a whole lost of stats about those in Colorado, why would they not speak their native language? 

We both seem to be managing to traverse foreign streets,

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Not every foreign-born family teach their children languages other than English; some do, some don't.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline
Just now, Hypnos said:

Not even foreign-born family teach their children languages other than English; some do, some don't.

Going to vary but I doubt it is much of an issue in Colorado.

Since Republicans control all levers of government in DC, if they fail to pass anything for Harvey relief in Texas then the buck will stop at only one location.

I've heard that there might be some narrow compromise where Democrats agree to some "border security" (not wall) funding, and in exchange a new DREAM Act is actually passed by Congress and signed by the President. Obviously this is early days, and much is going to change.

It's actually a shrewd piece of business by Trump. Make no mistake the man is a clown who is out of his depth on wet pavement, but by pushing the issue back to Congress (and ultimately it never really left them, since it was their initial inaction that caused Obama to create DACA and then DAPA in the first place) it moves the spotlight off a bandaid fix and perhaps onto a more long-term permanent solution.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Hypnos said:

My maths is hazy, but I think there are 49 other states.

and DC and Puerto Rico.

Timeline
Just now, Suss&Camm said:

I fail to see how one man's action is owned by anyone but himself. That's like saying it's your fault I hit you. He owns his decision. No one made him do this but himself.

Absolutely.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.