3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all,

I received a Request for Initial Evidence (I-485) for an Adjustment of Status Application and submitted the information requested about 2 months ago. USCIS has yet to review the evidence I sent them. I started a new job on August 15th and I was wondering if it would be possible to resubmit form I-864 with the info pertaining to my new job to strengthen my application. Has anyone had any experiencing re-submitting forms without a request? What would you all recommend I do? 

Thank you in advance,

Felipe

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

You might just have to wait and see for now. Until they review the updated evidence (I'm guessing was relate to the I-864 as well??) I can't imagine they'd review something extra you submit, I don't even know of a way to just submit extra info about your case after the fact...

I DO know that they ask you to bring your I-864 and any updated info (More  recent W-2,  paystubs, letter from employer, etc) to the interview. So that does seem like the chance to provide that updated job information if you're not able to do it prior.

03/11/2016 Met in person for first time (Talked online for nearly a year prior as friends playing online games)

03/29/2016 Officially started dating

09/29/2016 Engaged

10/20/2016 Married at SF Courthouse

12/14/2016 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

12/20/2016 Delivered at Chicago Lock Box by UPS

01/04/2017 Received NOA via text and email for I-130, I-485 and I-765

01/05/2017 Both checks are cashed

01/09/2017 NOA received in mail for I-130, I-485 and I-765

01/23/2017 Biometrics Appointment notification received (Appt set for 02/02/17)

02/17/2017 I-485 Status updated to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03/23/2017 Case Status updated to "EAD Card is being produced."

08/30/2017 Case status updated to "Interview Scheduled"

09/28/2017 Interview! Status updated to "New Card is being produced" shortly after interview!

10/06/2017 Green Card arrived!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Nah...the best thing to do is when you go to the interview then take the documents related to your new job. You said you started a new job which means you already have your EAD and people normally have their interview between 30-45 days after they received their EAD/AP. So it's better to wait and since you've started your new job on August 15th..then am assuming you've already received your August salary ( salary only for 15 days and am sure your payslip also shows the same) but if you can wait till september ending then you will have a full payslip of September.

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.