Esme2504

We got issued a 2nd 221g

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

My fiance and I are having bad luck initially he got a 221g for original birth certificate and they received it and I guess they took a 2nd look at his file and now they are asking for a detail report of his arrest that happened in 2006. Charges were dropped and it seem like the officer who interviewed him was okay with the papers he submitted and  the explanation he gave her when she asked. She told him once they received his BC visa would be ready in 10 days.  But now this, seems like someone else looked at his file lol and not the same officer.. we are praying!! These people don't play around.   We are sad and bummed that they might deny it after all. The only thing we are lucky  is that they respond right away to our emails and work on the case. They have good service there.

Edited by Esme2504

The fortunate thing is that they aren't issuing a denial and that they are issuing a "pending". As long as they do that, you have time to find the proper documentation and evidence to submit to them. At least it shows that they're giving you and your fiance a chance here, and I'd say that's better luck than some receive.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Peot said:

The fortunate thing is that they aren't issuing a denial and that they are issuing a "pending". As long as they do that, you have time to find the proper documentation and evidence to submit to them. At least it shows that they're giving you and your fiance a chance here, and I'd say that's better luck than some receive.

Yes, you're right and that gives us hope. I told my fiance that if it was a denial denial they would have just denied it and thats it. They're just doing their job.  

Edited by Esme2504

Timeline
17 hours ago, Jawaree said:

Get the docs to them to proceed....yep on all cases the  CO supervisor goes over the case

whether they approve or deny then OK it if complete, if they missed something a 221G is issued

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have the same situation ive got a 2nd 221g and they want me to do an another interview and do my medical again.and send some other documents.we still hoping this is a good thing because we are not being denied.we are still on the process.dont lose,keep praying and as my fiance always told me you need to be strong.have faith in God.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.