Summy87

F2A Visa Interview-Administrative Processing

14 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello,

My husband had a visa interview today in Nepal and we are now put under Administrative Processing for a missing document. Does anyone know if there is any time frame that we have to submit the document within because that missing document might take a while to be available, or is it just sooner the better and no specific time frame?

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There is no time frame .It all depends on how long you want your husband  to be outside the us. The sooner you get the document to them the quicker you get through.

Timeline

Thank you so much. One more thing, can I or do I pay the visa fee before I submit the missing document (as getting the document might take little time) or I cannot pay it until I submit it?

Thank you

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, Summy87 said:

Thank you so much. One more thing, can I or do I pay the visa fee before I submit the missing document (as getting the document might take little time) or I cannot pay it until I submit it?

Thank you

You only pay  immigrant fee when you get the visa before or after entering US.

Edited by kausar

Timeline
4 hours ago, Coco1212 said:

What document is this ? Can you share your hubby interview experience and questions? If possible , thanks 

The interview itself wasn't too bad. Just the standard questions like my address in US, phone number, when where and how we met. Nothing too stressing but the document they said missing is a marriage certificate. The one we gave somehow happened to be a marriage agreement. After doing some research, we found out that we were supposed to go collect the Marriage certificate which we didn't as we though the agreement was the certificate itself. So, once we have the certificate and we provide it to them, hopefully we will be fine. They kept my husband's passport, so I am assuming it's a good news.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/16/2017 at 4:22 PM, Summy87 said:

Not yet. We are about to submit the document soon. I will keep it posted.

Hi Coco, I'm updating my case. I'll try to brief the time it took us.

We dropped our missing document to the bank on Sept 17th (we drop and pick up at the bank) but it was Sunday so, the bank told us they'd take the document to embassy on Monday, Sept 18th. Sept 19th was public holiday in Nepal. On Sept 21st, the status changed to Issued on CEAC and on Sept 22nd when I tracked the passport number on ustraveldocs website, it said it was ready for pick up. Since it was Friday and banks (that's where we pick up the passport) were closed early so we were not able to pick it up and it was picked up on Sept 24th. So, thankfully it didn't took long at all and the visa was granted.

I wish you a goodluck!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Neel said:

Hello there, 

my pd is 26feb 2016 F2A (India) 

I have submitted all documents and got email from NVC saying you are in interview line..

Can anyone tell me when I will get the email for the Interview? 

Thank you

You can follow the visa bulletin that gets published every month. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-october-2017.html

They are processing the cases that were filed by Oct 22, 2015. Your pd has to be current to get the interview date. 

I hope the wait isn't too long and wish you a good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.