vcpdragon

RFE Received but need some help please.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Good Afternoon VJ'rs, 

I hope all are well today. I am relieved to have finally received my RFE and as is usually the case, it has nothing to do with what I thought it was going to be. Seems they need more evidence of a meeting in person, which is not a problem; however, after receiving the RFE notice I went back

through my petition and noticed that I made a mistake on 4.a & 4.b. I have some arrests and convictions for some misdemeanor charges about 16+ years ago. My question is, having discovered this error ... do you all think I should take the opportunity now that I have an RFE and submit the

necessary documents for these old charges or is it that by this point background is already done and I should assume it safe to leave the background part alone. I filed in April so I am thinking background is already done but who the heck knows what, when and how things are done at

USCIS, I know I sure don't ...  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank You All for your thoughts on this topic. 

Timeline

Really I do not know what to advise. When I sent my I-129F to Texas lockbox I got it back because I used an old form. the whole package was sent back to me, and there was a letter asking to correct it. I filled a new form but I also discovered at that time that my fiancée made a mistake in Biographic information, where he put his ex-wife's last name instead of maiden name. I left the old form, included a corrected one and wrote an explanation letter. But I am still waiting for NOA-2 so I really do not know if it was a wright decision or not.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, alaris said:

Really I do not know what to advise. When I sent my I-129F to Texas lockbox I got it back because I used an old form. the whole package was sent back to me, and there was a letter asking to correct it. I filled a new form but I also discovered at that time that my fiancée made a mistake in Biographic information, where he put his ex-wife's last name instead of maiden name. I left the old form, included a corrected one and wrote an explanation letter. But I am still waiting for NOA-2 so I really do not know if it was a wright decision or not.

I decided to proceed with just fulfilling the request as it is ... I think at this late in the game I would have already received an RFE by now concerning background or it would have been included with this one. If in the event they do request it, I will be prepared and ready to send all of it back to them in a hurry just as I am doing this one! Good Luck to you on your NOA2 ... Hang in there your day is coming ... that is what they keep telling me anyways :jest:

Timeline

I probably would do the same. When I got my package back it was not RFE. They sent it back after it was initially checked in Texas. Just give them what they want. Good luck to you! Hope you won't get another RFE. It should be NOA-2 this time.

Timeline

When did you send your form for k-1? We filled an old one also, but we filled before they changed it on April 10, uscis website says case was received on April 28

so..still waiting for noa2..we dunno what to expect :( if you have any information please let us know!

thank you anyway!

Edited by Julia and Wojtek

Timeline
11 hours ago, alaris said:

When did you send your form for k-1? We filled an old one also, but we filled before they changed it on April 10, uscis website says case was received on April 28

so..still waiting for noa2..we dunno what to expect :( if you have any information please let us know!

thank you anyway!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Julia and Wojtek said:

so..still waiting for noa2..we dunno what to expect :( if you have any information please let us know!

thank you anyway!

I think you're all set.

I believe the cut-off date for the new form was in June. I tried to find you a link, but I believe USCIS updated their website that contained this information.

Can you imagine how many RFE's are being issued for the old form? Frustrating. 

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

3 minutes ago, patientguyinlove said:

I think you're all set.

I believe the cut-off date for the new form was in June. I tried to find you a link, but I believe USCIS updated their website that contained this information.

Can you imagine how many RFE's are being issued for the old form? Frustrating. 

Wayback machine to the rescue~

https://web.archive.org/web/20170601190714/https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

use the next/prev links to see the changes. Check "Edition Date" to find the accepted edition(s)/cutoff dates.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, geowrian said:

use the next/prev links to see the changes. Check "Edition Date" to find the accepted edition(s)/cutoff dates.

Nice find. It was June:

"starting 06/09/2017, we will only accept the 04/10/17 edition."

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, patientguyinlove said:

Nice find. It was June:

"starting 06/09/2017, we will only accept the 04/10/17 edition."

Thanks a lot for information

today I can fall asleep a little bit faster 😄

Timeline
9 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Thanks for your help! :) 

Just now, Julia and Wojtek said:

Thanks for your help! :) 

:thumbs:

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
10 hours ago, Julia and Wojtek said:

thank you anyway!

I do not remember exact date but it was the beginning of May. I sent it by express mail to Texas and got it back about 5 days later. Every page had a barcode, my check was returned also, everything and there was a green paper saying that we used an old form and they need a new one. I filled a new version right away and sent it back on May 9 by express mail again, it was received on May 11. I think if USCIS accepted you petition and gave you NOA-1, you should be fine.

Timeline
8 hours ago, alaris said:

I do not remember exact date but it was the beginning of May. I sent it by express mail to Texas and got it back about 5 days later. Every page had a barcode, my check was returned also, everything and there was a green paper saying that we used an old form and they need a new one. I filled a new version right away and sent it back on May 9 by express mail again, it was received on May 11. I think if USCIS accepted you petition and gave you NOA-1, you should be fine.

Was just thinking maybe we would get RFE because of it..but I hope it's gonna be alright 

thank you :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.