787 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

no questions, no details. Will have to rely on "fake news" for those! Cowardly Donnie. Sessions a creep as Donnie beat up on him, yet he delivers the message.

As I said with numerous people on here and around my life right now, I think this is just a move on a chess board. Trump is trying to force Congress to do something in regards to immigration instead of doing nothing. Trump has already put a immigration plan on the table and no one wanted to hear it, so it forced his hand to do this and rescind DACA. So now the ball is in Congress's court so to speak and they have to pass an immigration bill, wither that is the one Trump wants who knows. But what could be done is that those people covered by DACA will be amnestied and that be written in the immigration bill that Trump rolled out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

As I said with numerous people on here and around my life right now, I think this is just a move on a chess board. Trump is trying to force Congress to do something in regards to immigration instead of doing nothing. Trump has already put a immigration plan on the table and no one wanted to hear it, so it forced his hand to do this and rescind DACA. So now the ball is in Congress's court so to speak and they have to pass an immigration bill, wither that is the one Trump wants who knows. But what could be done is that those people covered by DACA will be amnestied and that be written in the immigration bill that Trump rolled out. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/05/bannon-daca-trump-congress-242312

checkers in donnie's case. Can't get Mexico to pay for the wall. Total sociopathic behaviour on his part. Hiding behind Sessions.SAD.

Congress needs to do its job. However as much as it might be a clever move on Trump's part to get Congress to act he could've still not rescinded the law and not put a deadline on Congress.

Till the end of the year Congress still has to:

1. Approve Harvey funding

2. Raise the Debt Ceiling

3. Pass Tax Reform

4. Approve a spending bill to avoid Shutdown

5. Renew flood insurance program

6. Renew CHIP

7. Repeal and Replace Obamacare - some Republicans still want to do it.

Think DACA is going to get any time during the next six months? I doubt it.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

2 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

This is brilliant.  It fulfills the President's campaign promise, and it also opens the door for Congress to devise -- as part of its lawful authority to determine immigration policy -- a plan for amnesty or other means of considering those who fell under DACA.

Exactly what I have been saying all along. 

7 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/05/bannon-daca-trump-congress-242312

checkers in donnie's case. Can't get Mexico to pay for the wall. Total sociopathic behaviour on his part. Hiding behind Sessions.SAD.

Try to think outside the box and don't stick to your idelogical fallacies. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Congress needs to do its job. However as much as it might be a clever move on Trump's part to get Congress to act he could've still not rescinded the law and not put a deadline on Congress.

Till the end of the year Congress still has to:

1. Approve Harvey funding

2. Raise the Debt Ceiling

3. Pass Tax Reform

4. Approve a spending bill to avoid Shutdown

5. Renew flood insurance program

6. Renew CHIP

7. Repeal and Replace Obamacare - some Republicans still want to do it.

Think DACA is going to get any time during the next six months? I doubt it.

Just one thing, DACA is not a law, it was an EO and lost time I checked, the constitution does not authorize the president or the courts alone to create laws.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
38 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

This is brilliant.  It fulfills the President's campaign promise, and it also opens the door for Congress to devise -- as part of its lawful authority to determine immigration policy -- a plan for amnesty or other means of considering those who fell under DACA.

Our President is a coward and a wuss.   If he wants to kill DACA be a man and kill DACA.  

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, elmcitymaven said:

I'm going to voice an unpopular opinion from the MDL, and say that the administration is neatly hewing a path between the poles here. On the one hand, those who were promised Trump would do "something" are placated (somewhat) and on the other hand, business interests are placated by putting off actual termination for six months so that Congress can do "something" to fix it. I think that those in the latter are more likely to prevail here, because big business wants a fix, not abolition, and their voices are more powerful than those who want the DACA recipients kicked out. 

Follow the money, as always.

Personally I don't really care if DACA stays or goes in the long run.  My only point is that it is the purpose of Congress to write and pass the bill to send to the president.  We need to get back to doing things in Washington properly according to the Constitution.  You might be right about big business pushing congress hard for a fix, but based on what was coming out from both sides of the aisles in the House and Senate I am not sure they are too happy with Trump forcing them to accomplish something.  The Reps and Senators know that immigration is a hot button issue and one of the biggest reasons Trump won in November and they would rather not alienate their voters because even though businesses provide re-election funds, they do not vote.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Voters are a dime a dozen, and the true believers can always be motivated to vote on either side. Given that the way many districts have been redrawn over the past 15 or so years, it can be assumed with a good degree of certainty that a person with a "D" or an "R" next to their name will be reelected, whether or not promises about immigration are kept. There's a fix all right, and it's in, for big business. (I'm feeling awfully cynical this morning.) 

I agree with you that this needs to be done the right way, a way that comports with the Constitution. What we have now isn't working, for anyone.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que