AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

@Naes just a quick question, that I really feel I should've gotten this by now, but anyway. I saw somewhere I was supposed to put down the notice date as NoA1 in my timeline so that's what I did when we got it last year. But just now I'm seeing people who're putting received date. Which one is it? Received date would put me forward by two days so of course that's very significant :P just curious

h

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, LizM said:

@Naes just a quick question, that I really feel I should've gotten this by now, but anyway. I saw somewhere I was supposed to put down the notice date as NoA1 in my timeline so that's what I did when we got it last year. But just now I'm seeing people who're putting received date. Which one is it? Received date would put me forward by two days so of course that's very significant :P just curious

People are putting received date right now because of the scans.

in the scans uscis counts the received date so we also work with those. Because that's where your number would appear.

but normally vj instructs us to put the notice date. I believe it is up to the person as it won't affect much. But I do count from the received date. As that would be in their system.

1 hour ago, LizM said:

I agree with the others, they looked absolutely fantastic :wub: Man I love food! And especially chocolate when it comes to sweets. My fiancé and I are planning to travel around the US for a bit, I'm definitely putting Savannah down and I'm expecting your cupcake shop to be open!

Hope everyone in the forum is doing well. It's nice to be able to touch base every now and then and see what people are up to. I'm expecting our earliest NoA2 to be around the 1st of April, as we filed on September 14. So I will not be quitting my job just yet, despite a long notice period, it just feels too uncertain. We're just planning to see each other again in two months, somewhere close to me or him but not necessarily in either country as we both have time off (any suggestions on places to go?). I'm a little bit concerned as to the adrenaline kick I get every time I see a list of new approvals - can't be healthy and probably makes the VJ site my most visited as of lately - but it is what it is. :rolleyes:

oooh that's awesome! yes savannah should be on the list anyways, with me or without!!! :)

it's suuuuch a beautiful city and the people are sooo sweet!!!

that's how I met my Mister, by traveling there a second time as my first time was not enough (I was there only for 1 day and needed to come back).

And if you go that way- please also add Charleston NC to it, it's the sweetest and most amazing city :D and there is a super cute cupcake shop on king's street that is delicious!!!

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Naes said:

Just to give where I got that info by the way.

lets hope it dissolves fast. Cause unless it takes months it  won't cause us any more slowing down. You can check department of homeland security for uscis and NVC and visas also a part of department of state.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_agencies_affected_by_the_United_States_federal_government_shutdown_of_2013

It definitely says things could slow down.I can imagine things going any slower than they are now. I trying to continue my positive thoughts, however this process and the actions of the government will take that from you.

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Timeline
1 minute ago, AntoinetteB said:

It definitely says things could slow down.I can imagine things going any slower than they are now. I trying to continue my positive thoughts, however this process and the actions of the government will take that from you.

Well from some other articles, it appears like labor related visas are the ones to slow down first (because of its relations to DoL), and hopefully they will take care of this situation before it reaches to us. or even the for that matter. I am feeling the same, cause negativity would only affect me/us in a bad way where it would not change anything... If its inevitable, we will fight for it then together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys, we've been reading everything but we haven't said anything in this group, so our warmest hello to everyone 😄

We are going to meet up in February 🙌 but as we think the visa will only be finished in june\july, we are already missing each other after this visit next month. We were wondering if I can go from Brazil to the U.S. While we are waiting, we read that I couldn't, but we keep questioning if that information is true, since Is much more easy for me to go then for him to come.

Good luck everyone, soon we'll all be married to the love of our lives!

Btw, any other couple Brazil & US? 

Best wishes everyone ;)

4 minutes ago, ana e jordan said:

We are going to meet up in February 🙌 but as we think the visa will only be finished in june\july, we are already missing each other after this visit next month. We were wondering if I can go from Brazil to the U.S. While we are waiting, we read that I couldn't, but we keep questioning if that information is true, since Is much more easy for me to go then for him to come.

If you already have a tourist visa, then you can use that to visit while waiting for the process to complete. It does set a higher bar to show non-immigrant intent on that visit, though. If it's before NOA2 (which seems likely) then you would probably be fine...after NOA2, they get a little bit more conservative IMHO. Be sure to carry proof of ties to return home with you (as you always should anyway).

If you don't have a tourist visa yet, getting one mid-process is very difficult. Not impossible, but it would be uncommon.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

If you already have a tourist visa, then you can use that to visit while waiting for the process to complete. It does set a higher bar to show non-immigrant intent on that visit, though. If it's before NOA2 (which seems likely) then you would probably be fine...after NOA2, they get a little bit more conservative IMHO. Be sure to carry proof of ties to return home with you (as you always should anyway).

If you don't have a tourist visa yet, getting one mid-process is very difficult. Not impossible, but it would be uncommon.

Thanks for the reply! I

I have a tourist visa and I've been to the U.S. a couple of times. We thought about before and after NOA2, but we would probably want to see each other in april, so that could be after (hopefully). But our major concern is that I work as a freelancer, so I can't show a work tie with brazil. 

And we were wondering if it would be an issue that I'm there while they are reviewing our case, since question 38 on the form asks if I'm currently in the United states. We left this blank because I wasn't there at the time.c

😜

Just now, ana e jordan said:

I have a tourist visa and I've been to the U.S. a couple of times. We thought about before and after NOA2, but we would probably want to see each other in april, so that could be after (hopefully). But our major concern is that I work as a freelancer, so I can't show a work tie with brazil. 

February would probably be before NOA2, so you would likely be fine there. April may be pushing it. Again, it's perfectly allowed to visit, but the CBP officers are likely to be more strict so it's riskier.

Just now, ana e jordan said:

And we were wondering if it would be an issue that I'm there while they are reviewing our case, since question 38 on the form asks if I'm currently in the United states. We left this blank because I wasn't there at the time.c

That's no issue for them. It was accurate as of the time it was filed.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Naes said:

Well from some other articles, it appears like labor related visas are the ones to slow down first (because of its relations to DoL), and hopefully they will take care of this situation before it reaches to us. or even the for that matter. I am feeling the same, cause negativity would only affect me/us in a bad way where it would not change anything... If its inevitable, we will fight for it then together.

If it causes certain Visas to slow down (labor, etc) wouldn't that mean more focus on others like the K1? Maybe it's not a bad thing at all..

Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

February would probably be before NOA2, so you would likely be fine there. April may be pushing it. Again, it's perfectly allowed to visit, but the CBP officers are likely to be more strict so it's riskier.

That's no issue for them. It was accurate as of the time it was filed.

On February he will come, a lil bit of sun and carnival to cheer us up! We are just wondering about april, what could be an issue? Like not letting me in or holding me for questioning? 

Thanks a lot for your replies ;)

Timeline
56 minutes ago, ana e jordan said:

Hi guys, we've been reading everything but we haven't said anything in this group, so our warmest hello to everyone 😄

Good luck everyone, soon we'll all be married to the love of our lives!

Btw, any other couple Brazil & US? 

Best wishes everyone ;)

We are a same sex couple from USA & Brazil. My fiancé came in twice to USA as a tourist B2. His first visit was when we decided to meet and stayed with me in the USA for a month. Then, we submitted our petition for K1 Sept. 5, 2017. He returned to Brazil with me on Sept. 8 and I stayed there for three weeks. Three weeks later after I returned to USA, my fiancé once again visited me again Oct. 14 and he stayed with me until January 16. He could have stayed in the USA until April if we had known the process will take longer. We were anticipating that we would receive our NO2 this month. It's unfortunate that he had to leave me and separate from me for awhile. The cost to change the return flight is outrageous.  It's been 3 days now since he just left and I totally miss him a lot 😩. But I know time will come and we'll be together again. 😊

Edited by LoveTakesOver

2 hours ago, ana e jordan said:

On February he will come, a lil bit of sun and carnival to cheer us up! We are just wondering about april, what could be an issue? Like not letting me in or holding me for questioning?

Enjoy!!!

Going through secondary inspection is one possibility, as well as being denied entry. It won't hurt your K-1 case, but obviously it's not the desired result. And don't let me scare you...very few people are denied entry. It's just an abundance of caution when you're that far along in the process.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline

@geowrian I want to ask something about that I-94 question, I opened a thread and got 1 reply but as it came out I would really like 1 more person's advice.

Unlike many who forgets to put the info.. We ended up putting that info even though I left America by that time.

Do you think this will cause a problem for us, in a way that we should handle it right now? Or we should wait for an rfe (if they even send one for this)? 

Now I know not to send anything unless I receive an rfe, but I am wondering because we made a mistake on the form itself.

7 minutes ago, Naes said:

@geowrian I want to ask something about that I-94 question, I opened a thread and got 1 reply but as it came out I would really like 1 more person's advice.

Unlike many who forgets to put the info.. We ended up putting that info even though I left America by that time.

Do you think this will cause a problem for us, in a way that we should handle it right now? Or we should wait for an rfe (if they even send one for this)? 

Now I know not to send anything unless I receive an rfe, but I am wondering because we made a mistake on the form itself.

It's possible they would RFE requesting evidence, but they probably won't. At least that's my take on it....I haven't seen many RFEs for anything having to do with the I-94 on an I-129F.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.