Jump to content
Kasulia

K1 additional vaccinations after medical examination for AOS

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I was missing few vaccinations during medical exam for K-1 visa. Doctors adviced me to get missing vaccinations done in UK, before I leave the country. This is so I don't need to pay for doctors in US. I got all done with my surgeon in UK and have proofs with me.

Now preparing docs for AOS. After reading the medical form I-693 requirements, I got confused if I need to see civil surgeon again? Or is it enough to send copies as an attachment with my application?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kasulia said:

Hi guys,

 

I was missing few vaccinations during medical exam for K-1 visa. Doctors adviced me to get missing vaccinations done in UK, before I leave the country. This is so I don't need to pay for doctors in US. I got all done with my surgeon in UK and have proofs with me.

Now preparing docs for AOS. After reading the medical form I-693 requirements, I got confused if I need to see civil surgeon again? Or is it enough to send copies as an attachment with my application?

As soon as you stepped on the US soil, your medical exam becomes valid for 1 year. No need for you to visit a civil surgeon. As long as your medical exam is still valid, you're fine.

 

I had my medical in January 7, 2017 and submitted my AOS application in April 13, I am now done with the whole thing and I only needed to include my vaccination sheet in my AOS packet. I didn't have to visit any CS for any medical exam or additional vaccination. Just make sure that the box at the bottom is marked as COMPLETE. 

 

Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheSkywalkers said:

As soon as you stepped on the US soil, your medical exam becomes valid for 1 year. No need for you to visit a civil surgeon. As long as your medical exam is still valid, you're fine.

 

I had my medical in January 7, 2017 and submitted my AOS application in April 13, I am now done with the whole thing and I only needed to include my vaccination sheet in my AOS packet. I didn't have to visit any CS for any medical exam or additional vaccination. Just make sure that the box at the bottom is marked as COMPLETE. 

 

Best of luck!

my vaccination sheet is not marked as complete as I was missing few vaccinations. I did it later in UK with my GP. I have all the proofs but the copies are from UK doctor and not US CS.

The remarks on my UK medical examinations states: K1 Visa - applicant has chosen to defer vaccinations at this time. They have been advised what vaccinations they will require in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

The final vaccinations sheet should look like this.......You will still have to find a local USCIS Civil Surgeon and make him fill the I-693. Take all the proofs of your vaccinations from other doctor as well as you medical exam done for K-1 interview which is the DS-3025 and all they will do is transfer details onto I-693. There are a lot of doctors who will take lot of money but you will find a USCIS who will take as low as $35 or $40 to prepare the I-693. Check the VJ forum where you can find a USCIS doctor for low price in the state you reside. Note: You DO NOT need another physical exam.

 

 

rsz_2fullsizerender_1.jpg

Edited by Aviinashh M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kasulia said:

Hi guys,

 

I was missing few vaccinations during medical exam for K-1 visa. Doctors adviced me to get missing vaccinations done in UK, before I leave the country. This is so I don't need to pay for doctors in US. I got all done with my surgeon in UK and have proofs with me.

Now preparing docs for AOS. After reading the medical form I-693 requirements, I got confused if I need to see civil surgeon again? Or is it enough to send copies as an attachment with my application?

 

You did not get all your vaccinations included on the official form DS-3025 at Knightsbridge so it won't do you any good for AOS. You need ALL your require vaccinations on one US government form which now will be the I-693 completed by a civil surgeon. 

 

You may take your DS-3025 and your new GP vaccinations to a civil surgeon and he will combine them to provide a complete report on one form.  USCIS will not accept noted shots from your GP, but a civil surgeon will.

Note: don't let the Civil Surgeon say you need the full medical again. Establish that they will only do your immunisations and ask the price before making the appointment. 

 

Knightsbridge advised you poorly. Better advice would have been: 

Go get your shots at your GP if you want to save money. We will hold your medical forms until your GP faxes us proof of the shots. Then we will complete your immunisation form and send your medical report to the embassy. We will email you a copy of your DS-3025 showing ALL shots which can be used for AOS.

 

Saving money on shots isn't worth it if the Civil Surgeon you call wants $250 to do the full medical and shot record or he won't help you. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with all of the above. A new medical is not required. That said, many times a CS will not complete/sign the paperwork without doing a full medical as well. You need to either find one that will do so without a medical, or do the medical. It's unfortunate, but many CS don't know the requirements for a K-1 entrant going through AOS and don't spend the time to find it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Aviinashh M said:

 

 

The final vaccinations sheet should look like this.......You will still have to find a local USCIS Civil Surgeon and make him fill the I-693. Take all the proofs of your vaccinations from other doctor as well as you medical exam done for K-1 interview which is the DS-3025 and all they will do is transfer details onto I-693. There are a lot of doctors who will take lot of money but you will find a USCIS who will take as low as $35 or $40 to prepare the I-693. Check the VJ forum where you can find a USCIS doctor for low price in the state you reside. Note: You DO NOT need another physical exam.

 

Thank you!!!!!!

 

rsz_2fullsizerender_1.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×