Kasulia

K1 additional vaccinations after medical examination for AOS

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I was missing few vaccinations during medical exam for K-1 visa. Doctors adviced me to get missing vaccinations done in UK, before I leave the country. This is so I don't need to pay for doctors in US. I got all done with my surgeon in UK and have proofs with me.

Now preparing docs for AOS. After reading the medical form I-693 requirements, I got confused if I need to see civil surgeon again? Or is it enough to send copies as an attachment with my application?

5 minutes ago, Kasulia said:

Hi guys,

I was missing few vaccinations during medical exam for K-1 visa. Doctors adviced me to get missing vaccinations done in UK, before I leave the country. This is so I don't need to pay for doctors in US. I got all done with my surgeon in UK and have proofs with me.

Now preparing docs for AOS. After reading the medical form I-693 requirements, I got confused if I need to see civil surgeon again? Or is it enough to send copies as an attachment with my application?

As soon as you stepped on the US soil, your medical exam becomes valid for 1 year. No need for you to visit a civil surgeon. As long as your medical exam is still valid, you're fine.

I had my medical in January 7, 2017 and submitted my AOS application in April 13, I am now done with the whole thing and I only needed to include my vaccination sheet in my AOS packet. I didn't have to visit any CS for any medical exam or additional vaccination. Just make sure that the box at the bottom is marked as COMPLETE. 

Best of luck!

2 minutes ago, TheSkywalkers said:

As soon as you stepped on the US soil, your medical exam becomes valid for 1 year. No need for you to visit a civil surgeon. As long as your medical exam is still valid, you're fine.

I had my medical in January 7, 2017 and submitted my AOS application in April 13, I am now done with the whole thing and I only needed to include my vaccination sheet in my AOS packet. I didn't have to visit any CS for any medical exam or additional vaccination. Just make sure that the box at the bottom is marked as COMPLETE. 

Best of luck!

my vaccination sheet is not marked as complete as I was missing few vaccinations. I did it later in UK with my GP. I have all the proofs but the copies are from UK doctor and not US CS.

The remarks on my UK medical examinations states: K1 Visa - applicant has chosen to defer vaccinations at this time. They have been advised what vaccinations they will require in the future.

The final vaccinations sheet should look like this.......You will still have to find a local USCIS Civil Surgeon and make him fill the I-693. Take all the proofs of your vaccinations from other doctor as well as you medical exam done for K-1 interview which is the DS-3025 and all they will do is transfer details onto I-693. There are a lot of doctors who will take lot of money but you will find a USCIS who will take as low as $35 or $40 to prepare the I-693. Check the VJ forum where you can find a USCIS doctor for low price in the state you reside. Note: You DO NOT need another physical exam.

rsz_2fullsizerender_1.jpg

Edited by Aviinashh M

15 hours ago, Kasulia said:

Hi guys,

You did not get all your vaccinations included on the official form DS-3025 at Knightsbridge so it won't do you any good for AOS. You need ALL your require vaccinations on one US government form which now will be the I-693 completed by a civil surgeon. 

You may take your DS-3025 and your new GP vaccinations to a civil surgeon and he will combine them to provide a complete report on one form.  USCIS will not accept noted shots from your GP, but a civil surgeon will.

Note: don't let the Civil Surgeon say you need the full medical again. Establish that they will only do your immunisations and ask the price before making the appointment. 

Knightsbridge advised you poorly. Better advice would have been: 

Go get your shots at your GP if you want to save money. We will hold your medical forms until your GP faxes us proof of the shots. Then we will complete your immunisation form and send your medical report to the embassy. We will email you a copy of your DS-3025 showing ALL shots which can be used for AOS.

Saving money on shots isn't worth it if the Civil Surgeon you call wants $250 to do the full medical and shot record or he won't help you. 

Edited by Wuozopo

I agree with all of the above. A new medical is not required. That said, many times a CS will not complete/sign the paperwork without doing a full medical as well. You need to either find one that will do so without a medical, or do the medical. It's unfortunate, but many CS don't know the requirements for a K-1 entrant going through AOS and don't spend the time to find it out.

17 hours ago, Aviinashh M said:

The final vaccinations sheet should look like this.......You will still have to find a local USCIS Civil Surgeon and make him fill the I-693. Take all the proofs of your vaccinations from other doctor as well as you medical exam done for K-1 interview which is the DS-3025 and all they will do is transfer details onto I-693. There are a lot of doctors who will take lot of money but you will find a USCIS who will take as low as $35 or $40 to prepare the I-693. Check the VJ forum where you can find a USCIS doctor for low price in the state you reside. Note: You DO NOT need another physical exam.

Thank you!!!!!!

rsz_2fullsizerender_1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.