Renee14

221 and supplemental questionnaire at Embassy in Dakar

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

We were reaffirmed and had a 2nd interview at the embassy in Dakar. We had to bring updated docs, medical etc at that time. Directly after the interview we received a form saying it will take a few weeks for AP and we will hear something soon.

A day or so following the interview, we got a supplemental questionnaire via email asking for email addresses and social medial info. Then they say they'll let us know when they are ready to move forward.

Anyone else experience the supplemental questionnaire after 2nd interview with AP?

Difficult embassies and high fraud countries' applicants have been commonly subjected to the requirement of completing a supplemental questionnaire. This is nothing new. Provide them with the info they want a.s.a.p so that they could get on with their background checks on your husband. And to be honest, submitting a list of e-mail addresses and social media accounts is easier than having to compile all family members' names other details for submission. I can't imagine how much of a nightmare that would be.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Difficult embassies and high fraud countries' applicants have been commonly subjected to the requirement of completing a supplemental questionnaire. This is nothing new. Provide them with the info they want a.s.a.p so that they could get on with their background checks on your husband. And to be honest, submitting a list of e-mail addresses and social media accounts is easier than having to compile all family members' names other details for submission. I can't imagine how much of a nightmare that would be.

I don't see that much conversation about the addition of this form on VJ. Does it greatly extend the AP?

5 minutes ago, Renee14 said:

I don't see that much conversation about the addition of this form on VJ. Does it greatly extend the AP?

Here's a recent example of a K-1 applicant in Iran who experienced the same thing as your husband: 

If you use the search function here, you'll probably be able to find similar posts. VJ members only make up a small percentage of the state department's visa applicant population. Even if you don't see the issue being discussed much, that doesn't mean it's not affecting a certain group of applicants.

Without a doubt, the AP would be rather long and no one can tell you exactly how long it would be. It varies from case to case. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
1 hour ago, KULtoATL said:

Here's a recent example of a K-1 applicant in Iran who experienced the same thing as your husband: 

If you use the search function here, you'll probably be able to find similar posts. VJ members only make up a small percentage of the state department's visa applicant population. Even if you don't see the issue being discussed much, that doesn't mean it's not affecting a certain group of applicants.

Without a doubt, the AP would be rather long and no one can tell you exactly how long it would be. It varies from case to case. 

Thanks for that.  Didn't know what to search for but now I Found others who submitted the form.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.