Mrsamoah2019

Marry on first visit

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

In 2016, the B2 refusal rate in Ghana was 65.7%. 

and that places them in the top 5 of ALL countries for refusals............

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

We got married on first visit after 2 years of dating online, We didn't have any other red flag but i was questioned about this on my interview. I told the truth that we didn't want to be in relationship out of marriage for a long time (we are both Muslims) and how we were so sure even after we met in person. We met each other 2 more times after our marriage and we frontloaded our petition too, maybe that helped to overcome the red flag. 

I am under administrative processing now because of my nationality. 

Wish you all the best and luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems like Ghana and Nigeria are up there together.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Please also listen to the non immigration advice.  Anyone who wants to marry without having met in person especially if it's not their culture must be questioned.  Physical, in person compatibility is very different.

also, is he much younger to you? Religon? Culture?

please take your time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, mrsbeckham2017 said:

My fiance and I been talking on the internet for a year and want to get married in January.  This will be first time meeting him in person and going to Ghana? Should we wait to marry or can I file fiance visa?..we really love each other 

Getting married on your first trip to Ghana is a very bad idea! If you read through the Ghana portal, you will find many cases of people who have done this very thing, then been denied and are still waiting for their partner to get here. 

As someone who has gone through the Ghana embassy, my advise is take your time! I know it's expensive but you should plan to make several trips to Ghana before getting married if that is the route you want to go. If you choose the K1, you should still plan several trips there. To this high-fraud embassy time spent together is like gold when it comes to evidence. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, mrsbeckham2017 said:

So about how many visits should I  make?...sorry I'm new to all of this

There's not an exact number. But you should plan several and if possible stay for longer periods of time. To give you an idea. I traveled to Ghana 5 times in 2 years. Each of my trips ranged from 7days  to 3 weeks. (I would have stayed longer but work wouldn't allow it.) We married on the third trip after our K1 visa was denied. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, mrsbeckham2017 said:

My fiance and I been talking on the internet for a year and want to get married in January.  This will be first time meeting him in person and going to Ghana? Should we wait to marry or can I file fiance visa?..we really love each other 

Speaking from personal experience (as a couple with multiple red flags), we did not think of marriage prior to our first meeting, though we felt love for another and developed a bond that was unreal. We knew by the second meeting that we could not think of being without one another. We got married on the 3rd trip and I made 3 more trips after the wedding.

I also stayed 4-8 weeks on each trip I made, so we spent ample time with each other experiencing all the shades of "coupledom" -- from doing the dishes to finances.  It really helps to get to know the person. 

Besides the grueling visa journey you will endure, none of us here want to see or hear things not working out because of not ample face time spent. Marriage in itself is not a sure thing even when all the stars align, adding more to it can push the limits even further.

Above statement is just for your sake :) 

As for the visa journey part -- the only time I *might* see this working for Ghana is if you were to stay and live with your spouse for a long period of time. 6-8 months perhaps...

The face time is very important, again seems so especially for Ghana. I would bank on 3 visits minimum and then visiting 2-3 more times after marriage. Collect all boarding passes, tickets when you guys travel and try to submerge yourself in his culture if you can.

By the way, if I may ask (please ignore if you rather not share) -- what is your background like? Religion, family traditions etc.? Is there an age difference? 

My best to you!

Edited by amul

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

Is he 20 years younger than you? Have seen a trillion Ghana/Nigarian/North Africa cases like that. Most of them did not end well for the USC.

He's 24 im 33

Timeline
5 minutes ago, amul said:

Speaking from personal experience (as a couple with multiple red flags), we did not think of marriage prior to our first meeting, though we felt love for another and developed a bond that was unreal. We knew by the second meeting that we could not think of being without one another. We got married on the 3rd trip and I made 3 more trips after the wedding.

I also stayed 4-8 weeks on each trip I made, so we spent ample time with each other experiencing all the shades of "coupledom" -- from doing the dishes to finances.  It really helps to get to know the person. 

Besides the grueling visa journey you will endure, none of us here want to see or hear things not working out because of not ample face time spent. Marriage in itself is not a sure thing even when all the stars align, adding more to it can push the limits even further.

Above statement is just for your sake :) 

As for the visa journey part -- the only time I *might* see this working for Ghana is if you were to stay and live with your spouse for a long period of time. 6-8 months perhaps...

The face time is very important, again seems so especially for Ghana. I would bank on 3 visits minimum and then visiting 2-3 more times after marriage. Collect all boarding passes, tickets when you guys travel and try to submerge yourself in his culture if you can.

By the way, if I may ask (please ignore if you rather not share) -- what is your background like? Religion, family traditions etc.? Is there an age difference? 

My best to you!

Both Christians i am 33 he is 24

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, mrsbeckham2017 said:

He's 24 im 33

Next red flag. You will not get a visa if you marry. Not even a K1 with 1 visit.

Increase your time together drastically for own security and visa purposes, and once you are sure he is not only in for a visa, and you have spent plenty of time together e.g. at least 6 months face time, you may think of getting married. Anything else is just insanely risky. There are a "trillion" of cases that are exactly as your case and many ended up with the USC utterly hurt. 

Take care and make sure you see things in an objective way.

Edited by Michael2017

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, mrsbeckham2017 said:

Both Christians i am 33 he is 24

Thank you @mrsbeckham2017 -- and are there any cultural differences? You don't really have to answer this (for me or the forum), but the more difference you have, the more red flags they can (not will, but can) become.

Previous marriage/s, children from other partners, age, religion, background (as in race) will all matter for certain parts of the world, hence their Embassies.

We were worlds apart on paper and in the eyes of many, but we made it! It is impossible masking, hiding or hindering real love and a relationship.

Focus on your happiness, and meet this man -- live with him for as long as you can. Trust your intuition (always) and then together you guys will draw your ultimate path... 

My best to you.

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Timeline

So we already paid for the marriage license ..i know it was foolish before researching no other plans yet are paid......so do we take a loss or can we get married but I come back more times and visit and wait to file until we have enough visits?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.