Cari101

Dont want to continue anymore pls help

16 posts in this topic

Hi good pm.. 

My petition for k1 visa has already been approved didnt  do anythin yet after it was approved like doin the medical exam and also the scheduling of interview.  I decided not to continue the process anymore because i dont think me and my ex fiance will work out.  My question is he doesnt want to cancel the petition  and not cooperating to terminate it. Im just wondering  how long does approve k1 petition will take?  Is it ok not to cancel and let it expire?  Since i have a record what if one day i have a new bf and wants to  petition for k1? Will i ever be qualified? Or my last option then will be  a spousal visa..  Pls help thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Cari101 said:

Hi good pm.. 

My petition for k1 visa has already been approved didnt  do anythin yet after it was approved like doin the medical exam and also the scheduling of interview.  I decided not to continue the process anymore because i dont think me and my ex fiance will work out.  My question is he doesnt want to cancel the petition  and not cooperating to terminate it. Im just wondering  how long does approve k1 petition will take?  Is it ok not to cancel and let it expire?  Since i have a record what if one day i have a new bf and wants to  petition for k1? Will i ever be qualified? Or my last option then will be  a spousal visa..  Pls help thanks

Sorry it isn't working out----you don't need his agreement or approval to cancel it yourself.  He can't FORCE you to marry him if you don't want to, and he's a fool for thinking that.

Your K1 was *approved* already, or the application was just *received for processing*?  There's a big difference between the two, since you say you haven't done your medical or interview yet.  

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Your I-129F was approved. Only the USC can withdraw it. He will have to withdraw it or else you'd run into trouble if your next American fiance/husband tries to petition you.

You haven't gone through the K-1 visa application. Contact your embassy formally and let them know you'd not proceed with the application. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cari101 said:

Hi good pm.. 

How sure are you that your next future bf will be a USC? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
1 hour ago, Going through said:

Sorry it isn't working out----you don't need his agreement or approval to cancel it yourself.  He can't FORCE you to marry him if you don't want to, and he's a fool for thinking that.

Your K1 was *approved* already, or the application was just *received for processing*?  There's a big difference between the two, since you say you haven't done your medical or interview yet.  

I don't think her ex is forcing her to marry him. It could be that the ex fiance discovered her motives, which one of them may be, to use him and migrate to the US since she is already talking about meeting a new USC bf. How sure is she that her next bf will be a USC?

Well, I will advise you don't call him names, like being a fool cos you don't him and you don't know any thing about their relationship. What if he isn't a fool and it's not his fault that they  had to quite? Let our contributions and answers be in line with what is being asked pls. 

3 hours ago, Cari101 said:

Since i have a record what if one day i have a new bf and wants to  petition for k1? Will i ever be qualified? Or my last option then will be  a spousal visa..

Sounds like you're not even heartbroken that it did not work well for you guys. Proper initial reaction would be to ask if there is anything you can do from your end regarding the petition to cancel it and that you just want to move on and accept that sh*t happens. But to ask about any problems you may encounter in the future if another USC files for K1 for you, you are not here for love. You have other motives.

also, shouldn't you try to fix it with him and not give up right away if you have any ounce of love left for him?

Know your priorities. Right now, it isn't about any future relationship with another USC. Get your sh*t together and end whatever needs to be ended before being concerned with another petition.

If you don't, yes, you will face issues in the 'future'.

1 hour ago, Athens said:

How sure are you that your next future bf will be a USC? 

Oh she seems sure. Very sure.

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Athens said:

It could be that the ex fiance discovered her motives, which one of them may be, to use him and migrate to the US since she is already talking about meeting a new USC bf.

That could be the case, true...the way I'm thinking, is if she was using him to migrate to the US, I don't think she would have been the one to end the relationship...normally people who use others to immigrate want to keep the relationship going until they have a  green card, not end it before that.  

The USC is the one who wants to continue the application and not withdraw it....she does.  So how is she using him then?

I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt---it's quite possible she is asking about any other application that might happen in the future since the USC is refusing to withdraw the petition.  It's normal to consider all possible outcomes of that, I would think, because you never know where life may take you?

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Who cares what her motives are!!??? That's for the consular officer to decide...and I don't think either one of you happens to be one.

Back to your question... YES as a beneficiary you can choose to stop the process at any time...

If your petition was approved by USCIS (NOA2)....so by now your case  should be at your local embassy... just go there and let them know that you are no longer pursuing a relationship with the petitioner...

It's that simple.

07/06/2017 : I-129F Package Sent ♥

07/08/2017 : I-129F Package Delivered to The USCIS Dallas, TX Lockbox

07/10/2017 : ♥ NOA1 (Received Date) & Case Routed To CSC For Processing ♥

07/12/2017 : NOA1 (Notice Date) & USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Text/e-Mail

07/13/2017 : Check Cashed Out

07/18/2017 : NOA1 Hardcopy Received

07/19/2017 : Dead Silence Begins

09/20/2017 : Dead Silence Continues...

# 1218 in the queue on VJ

♥--------- DAY 72 ---------♥

I will give answers to your question from my understanding of the laws. Obviously if you were only after a green card or US citizenship you would follow through with the original.

Your fiance is the ONLY one that can cancel it. He might be unwilling to do so. But if your fiance meets another that he would like to petition for a K-1 he will be forced to cancel yours first. Either way notify the USEM that you will not be following through with this one.

Now for your future. If you do meet another American and your relationship gets to the level of wanting to marry (and your ex has not cancelled the original petition), you will need to marry in your country and then file for a spousal visa instead of a K-1. I personally feel it is a better to go that route anyway.

Edited by RO_AH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

It's sad that replies jump to 'motives' and 'hidden innuendos' of the OP.  I am equally guilty of assumptions often when I read a post.  I have found that a moment of reflection and re-reading the post before quipping a response usually produces my best answer for the benefit of the OP.

I believe that what we do today has an influence on tomorrow.  If the OP has decided to NOT follow through with her original intentions, she is being prudent in that she wants to expeditiously dispose of this matter in the best way that has the least impact on tomorrow.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  Maybe she likes American men, Maybe she is just closing the chapter in this book and preparing for the next chapter to begin.  In any case, her dark secret ulterior motives were not stated in her post, so we can presume all we want - and quite frankly, I don't think she has any.

A post on VJ should not be a descent into a viper pit.  It should be for a dialogue of considerate and respectful discussion.

Thank you for your kind words. People of these days are so quick to judge and make sentence. 

9 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

It's sad that replies jump to 'motives' and 'hidden innuendos' of the OP.  I am equally guilty of assumptions often when I read a post.  I have found that a moment of reflection and re-reading the post before quipping a response usually produces my best answer for the benefit of the OP.

I believe that what we do today has an influence on tomorrow.  If the OP has decided to NOT follow through with her original intentions, she is being prudent in that she wants to expeditiously dispose of this matter in the best way that has the least impact on tomorrow.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  Maybe she likes American men, Maybe she is just closing the chapter in this book and preparing for the next chapter to begin.  In any case, her dark secret ulterior motives were not stated in her post, so we can presume all we want - and quite frankly, I don't think she has any.

A post on VJ should not be a descent into a viper pit.  It should be for a dialogue of considerate and respectful discussion.

This times a million. 

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.