Salty2305

Where does your Visa get sent to?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm an April K1 & K2 filer. I was just wondering once my visa is approved, where do they send my visa and my passport?

Do I have to pick it up from somewhere or can I choose where it's sent. I'm worrying about it as I will be giving notice on my house and staying with family once we have our NOA2 and interview booked and so I'm wondering if my passport gets sent to my address or if I will have the option of choosing where it goes?

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Info from the US embassy's website: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/processing-and-return-of-passport/

It will be sent back to you but you'll need to register with the approved courier service. During the registration, you can set the address to your parents' :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Here's the fee payment page: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv/information/fee

Here's the courier service info page on passport return: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv/information/courier

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline

Thank you so much! :)

K1 & K2 Visa 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Salty2305 said:

Hi all,

I'm an April K1 & K2 filer. I was just wondering once my visa is approved, where do they send my visa and my passport?

Do I have to pick it up from somewhere or can I choose where it's sent. I'm worrying about it as I will be giving notice on my house and staying with family once we have our NOA2 and interview booked and so I'm wondering if my passport gets sent to my address or if I will have the option of choosing where it goes?

Your visa delivery is entirely in your hands with a London interview. Before your interview you will pay the visa fees and make courier arrangements online. For passport return, you may choose to pick it up from your closest DX depot at no additional charge. For a $30 fee you can have it delivered to any address you choose as long as you or a representative will be there to receive it. You can choose your folk's house, your work, or the local pub...your choice entirely. 

Timeline

Lovely, thank you! I'm in the South West, so the nearest pick up point is 3 hours drive away. Delivery it is haha!

K1 & K2 Visa 

Timeline

I've just seen this recent post on another forum - basically the DX Group courier threw the documents through a neighbour's open kitchen window and marked it as signed for. Visa applicant is following it up with the DX Group.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/visa-dispatch-dx-group-documents-stolen-902768/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.