eunahlee92

I-130 part4, 57-58

4 posts in this topic

HI, my husband and I are working on I-130, and part 4 is about writing my name and foreign address in my native language (Korean). 

I chose to change my last name to my husband's last name, then should I write my husbands last name which is English in Korean as it pronounces, or Should I just write

my Korean name that I still have on my passport? 

Secondly, I have lived in the U.S for about 6 years now, so I don't really have a Korean address other than my mom's address. Then I don't have to put anything for item 58 which is asking for my foreign address in my native written language?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, eunahlee92 said:

HI, my husband and I are working on I-130, and part 4 is about writing my name and foreign address in my native language (Korean). 

I chose to change my last name to my husband's last name, then should I write my husbands last name which is English in Korean as it pronounces, or Should I just write

my Korean name that I still have on my passport? 

Secondly, I have lived in the U.S for about 6 years now, so I don't really have a Korean address other than my mom's address. Then I don't have to put anything for item 58 which is asking for my foreign address in my native written language?

Changing your maiden name to your husband's last name on the i130 is fine but make sure you already have legal documents for your Change of Name like a sworn affidavit of change of name,Newspaper Publication&marriage certificate. Submit copies of them along with your i130 to uscis

49 minutes ago, Abies said:

Changing your maiden name to your husband's last name on the i130 is fine but make sure you already have legal documents for your Change of Name like a sworn affidavit of change of name,Newspaper Publication&marriage certificate. Submit copies of them along with your i130 to uscis

Thank you for your answer.  I am going to include my marriage certificate with all documents. but my question was if I could write my korean last name before I changed my last name on the question asking me to write my name and address in my native language. Since my new last name is in English, do I just write in Korean the way it's pronounced? Or should I put my previous last name (Korean one) since I still have the name on my passport. I am working on all documents with my new last name, but I was confused with the "write in Native language" part. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, eunahlee92 said:

Thank you for your answer.  I am going to include my marriage certificate with all documents. but my question was if I could write my korean last name before I changed my last name on the question asking me to write my name and address in my native language. Since my new last name is in English, do I just write in Korean the way it's pronounced? Or should I put my previous last name (Korean one) since I still have the name on my passport. I am working on all documents with my new last name, but I was confused with the "write in Native language" part. 

Yea.. write it the way it's pronounced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.