newbieUS

I-751 ROC Never received biometric appointment letter

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received the notice of receipt regarding my 1-year extension on July 31st. I'm just anxious because it has been over a month now that I'm waiting for my biometric appointment. Any suggestions what should l do?? Thanks! 

Don't worry, you will probably get it very soon. I know (as we all do) what an anxious time it is to go through this whole process but,  with the benefit of hindsight, patience and don't stress too much would be the best advice I could offer. The wheels turn slowly at uscis but they get there eventually.

Timeline
2 hours ago, CookieCat said:

Check out the July 2017 thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/639733-i-751-july-2017-filers/?page=49

It sounds like your peers are also waiting for their biometrics letter. That's how slow it is now.

Awww... 😔 Thank you so much for the information. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, kakadu said:

Don't worry, you will probably get it very soon. I know (as we all do) what an anxious time it is to go through this whole process but,  with the benefit of hindsight, patience and don't stress too much would be the best advice I could offer. The wheels turn slowly at uscis but they get there eventually.

Hi there. I appreciate your prompt reply. Thank you very much. 😘

There is a possibility that you might not need to have your biometrics taken. My wife never received her biometrics appointment letter and after calling USCIS and speaking to a Tier-2 officer, we received a notice in the mail that USCIS was able to re-use the biometrics from her AOS petition so there is no need for new biometrics. The letter also stated that there would not be a refund of the $85 biometrics fee, unfortunately.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, frontgear said:

There is a possibility that you might not need to have your biometrics taken. My wife never received her biometrics appointment letter and after calling USCIS and speaking to a Tier-2 officer, we received a notice in the mail that USCIS was able to re-use the biometrics from her AOS petition so there is no need for new biometrics. The letter also stated that there would not be a refund of the $85 biometrics fee, unfortunately.

Oh yeah? If that's the case when do you think is the best time for me to call the USCIS? Your input is appreciated. Thank you! ☺

On 9/3/2017 at 0:33 AM, newbieUS said:

Oh yeah? If that's the case when do you think is the best time for me to call the USCIS? Your input is appreciated. Thank you! ☺

I would wait 30 days from the date on your NOA and if you still haven't received it by then, give them a call.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, frontgear said:

I would wait 30 days from the date on your NOA and if you still haven't received it by then, give them a call.

Okay thanks again! I will call them this week. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

It's almost one month now that I've been waiting for the biometrics appointment letter. Below is my timeline:

ROC:

10/13/2017: ROC package sent (delivered on 10/16/2017)

10/23/2017: Cheque cashed

10/25/2017: NOA1 received (dated 10/17/2017)

mm/dd/yyyy: Biometrics letter received (appointment date: mm/dd/yyyy) 

mm/dd/yyyy: Biometrics completed

I was hoping to receive the biometric appt in my hand so I could just do a walk in and get it done before leaving the country in December to go see my family. My plan was to get  the I-551 stamped on my passport so I'd have peace of mind. As it turns out i haven't received it and haven't booked my ticket yet and I don't want to risk missing the appt when I'm not in the country. 

Does anybody else have similar time lines without the ASC letter?

Thanks,

Dave

On 11/18/2017 at 6:56 PM, David1987 said:

It's almost one month now that I've been waiting for the biometrics appointment letter.

I was hoping to receive the biometric appt in my hand so I could just do a walk in and get it done before leaving the country in December to go see my family. My plan was to get  the I-551 stamped on my passport so I'd have peace of mind. As it turns out i haven't received it and haven't booked my ticket yet and I don't want to risk missing the appt when I'm not in the country. 

If there are still people waiting for biometrics letters who filed in July, the likelihood is that you won't have the biometrics letter in hand before Christmas. My best advice is to just go on with your life. This process will go on for a very long time. 

The up side is that you have your NOA (the extension letter) so you can travel with no problem (by the way, they almost certainly won't give you a stamp when you still have an extension letter that's good for a year. Usually you can't get one until almost the anniversary date).  Go ahead and book your trip - go see your family.

Have someone check your mail for you while you're gone, and in the unlikely event that you get your bio appt letter while you're gone AND (even more unlikely, given the current speed of processing) the actual appointment is before you're meant to get back, you can decide whether to fly home early or to reschedule your appointment.

Edited by nightingalejules

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

There is no rhyme or reason behind USCIS. Some of us from November 2017 already recieved our biometrics appointments for ROC a week later. That is what’s causing the concern, I would still call tier 2.

11-1-17 Filed Removal of Conditions

11-3-17 Check Cashed

11-6-17 NOA Received

11-17-17 Biometrics Appointment Received

11-27-17 Schedule of Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
17 hours ago, OmarandRico said:

There is no rhyme or reason behind USCIS. Some of us from November 2017 already recieved our biometrics appointments for ROC a week later. That is what’s causing the concern, I would still call tier 2.

How do you call tier 2?

• 4 months later...

Hello,

How is everyone's case so far? Have you received your biometric appointment?

It has been over 3 months since I received my NOA and I still have not received my appointment. I am very worried and don't know what to do.

I called USCIS after I had received my NOA for over a month. They just put in a request info for my case and then send me an email with very general info like this "On 02/08/2018, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-751 / CRI89 to notify us that you have not received your biometrics appointment notice. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.
Thank you for your inquiry regarding an appointment to have your biometric images processed at an Application Support Center (ASC). We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice for this process. Please know that your name will be electronically added to the appointment scheduler if needed. Some applicants will be able to have their prior biometrics copied into our systems and will not be scheduled for a new appointment. You will receive an ASC appointment notice by mail once an appointment date has been established for you if you in fact require an appointment."

So, They just don't let me know if I need to give my fingerprint or not. I am very anxious :(:(

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.