aZ2017

ASC Appt Notice / I751 CRI89

11 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!..

I will be having my appointment within few days for now to remove the conditions on my GC that's currently on the one year extention after the initial issuance date. What should we expect in this interview? Should we take anything with us beside the notice - I 797C? Plus, we have been overseas since my husband works in the Oil and Gas industry and his US employer transfered him out to the Middle East region.. Will this affect our conditions removal proceedings? and how should we go about it?

Thanks much..

Hello,

if if this an ASC it sounds like this is just a biometrics appointment. All they will do is have you fill in a form, take your fingerprints, picture, and signature. 10 mins in and out usually. 

Cant speak to the other part of your question about working abroad. Although, I do know it is important to ensure you file tax in the US. 

10 hours ago, aZ2017 said:

Hello everybody!..

I will be having my appointment within few days for now to remove the conditions on my GC that's currently on the one year extention after the initial issuance date. What should we expect in this interview? Should we take anything with us beside the notice - I 797C? Plus, we have been overseas since my husband works in the Oil and Gas industry and his US employer transfered him out to the Middle East region.. Will this affect our conditions removal proceedings? and how should we go about it?

Thanks much..

Is this an interview? Biometrics? Without filling out your VJ timeline, we don't know what info you need. 

Yes, the fact that you have been overseas might affect your application. I'm not sure whether the "oil and gas industry" is an exception to the rules for residency and the interview, etc.

5 hours ago, nightingalejules said:

Is this an interview? Biometrics? Without filling out your VJ timeline, we don't know what info you need. 

Yes, the fact that you have been overseas might affect your application. I'm not sure whether the "oil and gas industry" is an exception to the rules for residency and the interview, etc.

Here you go:

I 751 application filled May 2017

Been receiving the NOA since then and pushed it till Sep 2017 due to being pregnant and jus delivered a baby.

Then I received the ASC appointment notice that shows the following:

Case Type: I-751 CRI89

Notice Date:

Service Center: CSC

1 hour ago, aZ2017 said:

Here you go:

I 751 application filled May 2017

Been receiving the NOA since then and pushed it till Sep 2017 due to being pregnant and jus delivered a baby.

Then I received the ASC appointment notice that shows the following:

Case Type: I-751 CRI89

Notice Date:

Service Center: CSC

Seems  like it is the Biometrics

Yes, probably biometrics, which is when you get your fingerprints and photo taken. Have you done that yet? If not, go ahead and keep the appointment. Your husband does not have to attend that one.

On 9/2/2017 at 5:01 PM, aZ2017 said:

What should we expect in this interview?

Rudeness, and probably a lot of waiting around, followed by a digital photo and fingerprints being captured.

Should we take anything with us beside the notice - I 797C?

Expired card, extension letter, state ID, and the biometrics appointment notice. Get used to taking this stuff to lots of appointments.

Hello everybody!..Plus, we have been overseas since my husband works in the Oil and Gas industry and his US employer transfered him out to the Middle East region.. Will this affect our conditions removal proceedings?

If you have maintained significant ties to the US, and any overseas time has been (or is) temporary in nature, and you have not stayed out of the US more than six months continuously, then it is unlikely to affect it.

5 hours ago, aZ2017 said:

Does this mean no interview and straight 10 years extention? 

HAHAHA

(no)

Once you have done the biometrics you wait, and wait some more.

You will then get either:

An RFE

An interview notice

An approval notice

You may even get several of these, or some other heap of rubbish which you didn't expect (see my timeline for examples). 

Honestly...you filed in May....you have a whole lot more waiting to do.

Yeah we have been residing overseas due to work. My husband even filed for my I 130 from overseas at the US embassy... We just spend vacations in the States. And we dont know if his work will send us back to the US or not...  What should we do now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.