Empressdivine

How we met?Too Complicated?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys I am new here but I have a question. My soon to be fiancé who is Jamaican and I met 10 years ago in Jamaica but broke up for 4 years and recently reunited Aug 2017. During our breakup he had a daughter this year and I got married and divorced 2016. Marriage was short lived. Can we be honest and state all of this? Will they ask? Can I use pictures from when we first met 10 years ago? Included with new ones. I haven't filed yet maybe next year before I do.

Yes. You have to be honest about your story and yes you can use the pictures from before and your new pictures.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It isn't can you be honest, you must be honest. Life happens, use your photos and good luck.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Like others said, be honest. You will always have comment section to explain what really happened in your case. Good Luck

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The "how we met" can literally be a few sentences.  You do not have to go into all that detail on the petition.  Now if they ask you for more details then of course, by all means be honest.  It is likely that they may ask at interview since you have a marriage and he has a child in the interm.  Simply state "Met in 2007.  Rekindled relationship in XX XX XXXX. Visited in person XX XX XXXX"

Timeline
4 hours ago, fordguy61mi said:

It's actually just crazy enough that they'll probably believe it. Who would make up something like that? lol Good luck.

lol that's true!! thank you 

3 hours ago, LionessDeon said:

The "how we met" can literally be a few sentences.  You do not have to go into all that detail on the petition.  Now if they ask you for more details then of course, by all means be honest.  It is likely that they may ask at interview since you have a marriage and he has a child in the interm.  Simply state "Met in 2007.  Rekindled relationship in XX XX XXXX. Visited in person XX XX XXXX"

Thank you very much for the insight!

Edited by Empressdivine

Timeline
On 9/2/2017 at 1:32 PM, T_P said:

Like others said, be honest. You will always have comment section to explain what really happened in your case. Good Luck

Thanks T_P!

Don't forget to have copies of your divorce decree (and any your fiance may have) on hand for the interview + application. If the county building / court can give you a couple copies, that will save you from having to make a copy of the 30+ pages yourself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.