36 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/4/2017 at 10:46 PM, geowrian said:

No problem!

The barcode appears as you fill out the form electronically. It's near the bottom of each page (under the solid line on each page). If you're filling it out by hand, you won't see it.

Hello! Are you busy?

On 9/5/2017 at 1:10 PM, AAA0914 said:

Hello again! Btw so my husband was married in 2014 and he filed a tax jointly with his ex wife. He got a job in dec 15, 2014 after his graduation so that means when he filed jointly, he had a little bit of a salary from 2016. My questions this time are:

1. On I-864 for 3rd most recent income, should I write only his own total income and not that jointly filed with his ex wife?

2. Do we need to get affidavit that he was a stident in 2013 and most parts of 2014 to prove that he dod not have a job on those years since the form was asking for his job in the last five years?

thanks!

1. I'm assuming you're referring to the 3rd most recent tax return (they don't really care about past sources of income). This should be the AGI from the tax return, which means it would include the income from his ex wife.
  2. An affidavit that he was a student isn't required. However, he must provide an affidavit that he was not required to file for that year and state why (i.e. he was below the minimum income to file). That said, the minimum required to file is quite low here...I think like only $4000. So be sure he was actually not required to file. You can provide a copy of the W-2 to add as evidence that he was below the minimum.

On 9/5/2017 at 1:12 PM, AAA0914 said:

Also,we filed jointly for 2016 taxes, do I enter his only income on the field for total income or the total income we filed jointly?

Joint income. These tax sections are historical records, not current income. :)

On 9/5/2017 at 2:13 PM, AAA0914 said:

The son is just 13 and he is not declared as dependent when he filed federal tax.

I'm assuming his ex (or another guardian) claims his as a dependent. Either way, a minor child should be counted, except for some rare circumstances like if they were emancipated or you otherwise have no legal care of them. These are not typical situations so I am not as familiar on their impacts here.

15 hours ago, AAA0914 said:

Hello! Are you busy?

Yup. Getting married in 3 days. :)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
2 hours ago, geowrian said:
  1. I'm assuming you're referring to the 3rd most recent tax return (they don't really care about past sources of income). This should be the AGI from the tax return, which means it would include the income from his ex wife.
  2. An affidavit that he was a student isn't required. However, he must provide an affidavit that he was not required to file for that year and state why (i.e. he was below the minimum income to file). That said, the minimum required to file is quite low here...I think like only $4000. So be sure he was actually not required to file. You can provide a copy of the W-2 to add as evidence that he was below the minimum.

I'm assuming his ex (or another guardian) claims his as a dependent. Either way, a minor child should be counted, except for some rare circumstances like if they were emancipated or you otherwise have no legal care of them. These are not typical situations so I am not as familiar on their impacts here.

Congratulations! 

1.So for the 3rd most recent income, do write the total income of him and his ex wife? 

2. For the most recen (number 1.) do I write also our total income since we filed jointly too in 2016?

3. The 2014 is when he got employed on dec 15. So he had a little bit of salary from dec 15th to 31st, 2014 which I guess he filed jointly with his ex wife. If I write this on the field for 2014 i come, the. i don't need an affidavit?

thanks!

Timeline
6 hours ago, geowrian said:

Hello again! So I got my husband's tax transcript (faxed to us by irs this morning) for 2014 which he filed jointly with his ex wife. Also he did not get ang w-2 for that year even if he was employed for dec 15 to dec 31 of that tax year. His pay for that shor period of time came only on the pay for January. My questions are:

1. Do I enter the total

tax showing on the 2014 transcript as the total income for tax year 2014 (3rd most recent) even if it is solely his ex wife's income since they filed jointly?

2. Is the total income indicated on the tax transcript already an AGI and is that the one I have to enter in the fields for recent incomes? 

Thanks

Timeline
On 9/1/2017 at 5:38 PM, Frage said:

EAD is free with AOS wether you file concurrently or apply I-765 after you receive your NOA1.

Hello! I am on the most difficult and overwhelming paper work which is I-184. I am filing next week and I look forward to your answers.

To give you a little background, my husband was married in 2014 and he got his first job after graduation in Dec 15, 2014. When his ex wife filed the tax for 2014, she filed it jointly with him eventhough my husband did not have any income on that filing year. My husband's pay from that period was covered in his January pay instead. This afternoon, we got transcripts of all his taxes files for 2014 (joint filing with his ex wife), 2015 (individual filibg since they got divorced), and 2016 (joint filing with me since we got married in may 2016).

my questions are.

1 for the most recent income on part 6, do i put 0 in the field for 2014 since the only income thatw as files was his ex-wife's although ot was filed jointly, meaning his name was on the tax return.

2 for 2016, do i enter the total income we had or only his based on the records in the tax transcript from irs?

3. Where can I find that 'total income' in IRS tax teanscript?

4. Does total income for the last three tax years refer to gross income (before tax deductions)  or does it refer to net income?

5. What is the current income referring to? Is it the predicted one for this year

based on his 6 months pay slip or is it based on his last year's W-2?

Another question, not related to the income but I wanna add are:

1. Do i submit only photocopies

of supporting documents like our marriage certificate, his divorce certificate, my DS2019, and our daughhter's birth certificate? Or do they have to be certified copies?

2. All in all if I file concurrently for I-130, I-485 and EAD and AP, how many photographs of me

and my hiwabnd should there have? 

3. What is the formula to know if my husband's income is above 125% poverty guideline?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to your responses. 

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I'm not very good with the I-864 as I just received an RFE for mine so I'll leave these questions to someone who has more knowledge. However I didn't use my ex's income on the I-864. 

The poverty guidelines are here:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Yes you can submit only a photo copy. Doesn't have to be certified.

If I remember correctly I added 7 pictures of my husband and one of me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.