36 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, geowrian said:

$0, but he also needs to write an affidavit stating why he was not required to file (i.e. he had no income that year).

Another queation please! He was at school in 2013-2014! He has been working only for 2.8 years now! What do I put in the field that says Employer 2? Should I leave it blank and then get affidavit that attests him being a student at that time?

2 minutes ago, AAA0914 said:

Hello! Too many questions! Sorry! I just wanna make sure I have all filled out correctly! What do I put in the field for my husband's father's info like city and country of residence? He is deceased? Should I put N/A? TIA

DECEASED is fine for the current city/country.

Just now, AAA0914 said:

Another queation please! He was at school in 2013-2014! He has been working only for 2.8 years now! What do I put in the field that says Employer 2? Should I leave it blank and then get affidavit that attests him being a student at that time?

"N/A" is fine. :)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Thank you! Another one! For I-130, it says Mailing Address 10.a In care of Name. Do I put N/A here because we are living on the same address since last year. Then I just have to write the complete address from 10.b? 

Having mentioned that we have lived on Same address since last year, still on I-130, on page 8 part 4, it says: If filing for your spouse, provide the last address at which you physically LIVED together (it is past tense 🙄), do i write our current address or leave it blank since it is past tense?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Can i put N/A for his deceased father's current city ?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Also, for all the pages and spaces that refer to interpreter and preparer, do i just leave them all blanks or shall I put n/a? 

1 hour ago, AAA0914 said:

Thank you! Another one! For I-130, it says Mailing Address 10.a In care of Name. Do I put N/A here because we are living on the same address since last year. Then I just have to write the complete address from 10.b? 

Having mentioned that we have lived on Same address since last year, still on I-130, on page 8 part 4, it says: If filing for your spouse, provide the last address at which you physically LIVED together (it is past tense 🙄), do i write our current address or leave it blank since it is past tense?

It can be left blank if you don't use an "In care of" line to get your mail. Or you can use your own name. It's for mailing label purposes so the mailman can deliver any letters or (eventually) the green card.

Since you live together now, you can put your current address.

Can i put N/A for his deceased father's current city ?

That's fine. The main thing is noting "Deceased" for the country then.

Also, for all the pages and spaces that refer to interpreter and preparer, do i just leave them all blanks or shall I put n/a? 

They can be left blank, but personally I'd put the name/business name fields as "N/A" just to make it explicit that none was used. The other related fields can be left blank.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

It can be left blank if you don't use an "In care of" line to get your mail. Or you can use your own name. It's for mailing label purposes so the mailman can deliver any letters or (eventually) the green card.

They can be left blank, but personally I'd put the name/business name fields as "N/A" just to make it explicit that none was used. The other related fields can be left blank.

You are

ao helpful! Thank you so much! If Inhave some other questions that will come up as I double check the details I put in the paperwork, please help me again as I quote you here. Appreciate all your help and allnof the others here who are so patient responding.

Timeline
22 hours ago, geowrian said:

Helo again! For I-130, about address history, if I need extra soace it says I can use the extra sheet procided which is page number 12. It says too that i have to add pge number, part number, and item number. Honestly I don't know what to put in the item number . I can only identify the page and part number. Can you enlighten me

on this? Thanks! 

Timeline
On 9/2/2017 at 7:08 PM, geowrian said:

My husband has a son on his

previous relationship. They were never married. The son is not declared as dependent in his federal income tax but is included as dependent in his health care benefits. My question is: on I-1864, part 5 (sponsor's household size), do I include my husband's son on number 4? Baded on the I-864 instructions,

Item Number 5. Enter the number of any other dependents. You must include each and every person whom you have claimed as a dependent on your most recent Federal income tax return, even if that person is not related to you. Even if you are not legally obligated to support that person, you must include the person if, in fact, you did support that person and claimed the person as a dependent."

also, since i am writing the answer manually, do I put 1 on part 5, item 2 that refers to

my husband? When I printed this, it did not auto populate.

thanks. 

On 9/3/2017 at 6:36 PM, AAA0914 said:

Helo again! For I-130, about address history, if I need extra soace it says I can use the extra sheet procided which is page number 12. It says too that i have to add pge number, part number, and item number. Honestly I don't know what to put in the item number . I can only identify the page and part number. Can you enlighten me on this?

Hello! That's a good question. haha I haven't seen exactly what to put here. Personally, I would just put "12" there and then clarify in the lines below by saying "Physical Address 3". It's a real human reading the form, so as long as the intent of having a 3rd address is clear, I don't foresee any issues.

8 hours ago, AAA0914 said:

My husband has a son on his previous relationship. They were never married. The son is not declared as dependent in his federal income tax but is included as dependent in his health care benefits. My question is: on I-1864, part 5 (sponsor's household size), do I include my husband's son on number 4? Baded on the I-864 instructions,

Item Number 5. Enter the number of any other dependents. You must include each and every person whom you have claimed as a dependent on your most recent Federal income tax return, even if that person is not related to you. Even if you are not legally obligated to support that person, you must include the person if, in fact, you did support that person and claimed the person as a dependent."

also, since i am writing the answer manually, do I put 1 on part 5, item 2 that refers to my husband? When I printed this, it did not auto populate.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation, but why wouldn't they be counted in item #4 instead? If somebody is already counted in another line (i.e. item #4), then they should not be counted again (i.e. on item #5). If the son is 21 or older and not claimed as a dependent on the taxes, then they don't need to be counted in either #4 or #5. I hope that clarifies the situation.

Yes, you would put "1" in that field.

Just as a note, I recommend either filling out he I-864 entirely by hand or entirely by computer. It sounds like you're doing it by hand, which is fine. Just don't mix & match because it's a 2D-barcoded form, so they can potentially scan the barcode to fill in the data and miss the handwritten items.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
52 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Hello! That's a good question. haha I haven't seen exactly what to put here. Personally, I would just put "12" there and then clarify in the lines below by saying "Physical Address 3". It's a real human reading the form, so as long as the intent of having a 3rd address is clear, I don't foresee any issues.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation, but why wouldn't they be counted in item #4 instead? If somebody is already counted in another line (i.e. item #4), then they should not be counted again (i.e. on item #5). If the son is 21 or older and not claimed as a dependent on the taxes, then they don't need to be counted in either #4 or #5. I hope that clarifies the situation.

Just as a note, I recommend either filling out he I-864 entirely by hand or entirely by computer. It sounds like you're doing it by hand, which is fine. Just don't mix & match because it's a 2D-barcoded form, so they can potentially scan the barcode to fill in the data and miss the handwritten items.

Hey! Thanks! Appreciate your replies. Really! Btw, his son is just 13. Also, the I-864 (new) doesn't have a barcode. Where is the barcode found there?

28 minutes ago, AAA0914 said:

Hey! Thanks! Appreciate your replies. Really! Btw, his son is just 13. Also, the I-864 (new) doesn't have a barcode. Where is the barcode found there?

No problem!

The barcode appears as you fill out the form electronically. It's near the bottom of each page (under the solid line on each page). If you're filling it out by hand, you won't see it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
11 hours ago, geowrian said:

No problem!

The barcode appears as you fill out the form electronically. It's near the bottom of each page (under the solid line on each page). If you're filling it out by hand, you won't see it.

Hello again! Btw so my husband was married in 2014 and he filed a tax jointly with his ex wife. He got a job in dec 15, 2014 after his graduation so that means when he filed jointly, he had a little bit of a salary from 2016. My questions this time are:

1. On I-864 for 3rd most recent income, should I write only his own total income and not that jointly filed with his ex wife?

2. Do we need to get affidavit that he was a stident in 2013 and most parts of 2014 to prove that he dod not have a job on those years since the form was asking for his job in the last five years?

thanks!

Timeline
11 hours ago, geowrian said:

No problem!

Also,we filed jointly for 2016 taxes, do I enter his only income on the field for total income or the total income we filed jointly?

Timeline
13 hours ago, geowrian said:

The son is just 13 and he is not declared as dependent when he filed federal tax.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.