IAMX

Leftists Apoplectic, Smear Kris Kobach as ‘Nazi’ for Paid Breitbart Column; Harvard/MIT Study: ‘Breitbart Is NOT Alt-Right’

8 posts in this topic

Timeline

Far-left journalists, activists, and entertainers expressed rage and disbelief Friday as a local report confirmed that Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach is a paid columnist for Breitbart News.

The Kansas City Star tried to make Kobach disavow Breitbart for alleged “white nationalism,” but he instead denounced organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) for propagating this “slander” against a diverse newsroom that has been conclusively debunked by textual analysis from Harvard and MIT.

From The Kansas City Star:

Kobach, a candidate for Kansas governor who is running on a platform of combating illegal immigration, published his first article for Breitbart.com in June — a piece that tied refugees to terrorism.

He has published six more pieces since then and more are on the horizon. Kobach, who previously hosted a talk radio show in Kansas City, said Breitbart approached him about writing a regular column in June.

“I think Breitbart.com appeals to anyone who is Republican or conservative in any way,” Kobach said after disputing claims that the site caters to white nationalists. “It appeals to a broad spectrum of conservative readers.”

“I find that criticism to be completely baseless and if Breitbart had any connection to white nationalism I would not write for the site. And the Southern Poverty Law Center regularly slanders organizations and individuals … and accuses them of having connections to white supremacy,” said Kobach, who has long faced accusations of extremism from the organization.

Read the rest of the story here.

The public confirmation of Kobach’s deal with Breitbart brought a flurry of nuclear-hot takes from liberals of all stripes: Kobach is a white nationalist, Kobach is a Nazi, Kobach is leaking voter data to Breitbart (?), etc.

So, he's a paid Nazi shill, awesome 🏻‍♀️ @KrisKobach1787 #ImpeachTrump#Breitbart #FridayFeeling https://t.co/2gMnEjGB7Z

— 🔥Tara Dublin 🔥 (@taradublinrocks) September 1, 2017

Bannon, Breitbart, Cambridge Analytica, Kobach requesting voter info.

Not hard to connect the dots when they're A STRAIGHT ###### LINE. https://t.co/KNdrCt6juA

— jonny umansky (@jonnyumansky) September 1, 2017

Does Kris Kobach's middle name start with a K?
Because that would be too perfect. https://t.co/QQhmD17qn0

— Steve Marmel (@Marmel) September 1, 2017

'It appeals to a broad spectrum': Kobach swears new job at Breitbart doesn't tie him to white supremacists https://t.co/AKVUplmllA

— Sarah Burris (@SarahBurris) September 1, 2017

FFS. Must immediately resign or be fired. Breitbart is a white supremacist org. Kobach wants to deny blacks the vote. https://t.co/lQv5gHJUKt

— Greg Pinelo (@gregpinelo) September 1, 2017

http://www.breitbart.com/economics/2017/09/01/boom-american-manufacturing-expanded-in-august-at-fastest-pace-in-six-years/

LOL, "Everything I don't like is a white supremacist"

GlgyGDd.jpg

An extensive study that professors and data scientists at Harvard and M.I.T. conducted has concluded that Breitbart News does not represent the “alt-right,” undercutting the legitimacy of left-wing activists, Democrats, reporters in the legacy media, Never Trumpers, and establishment Republican bobbing heads and mouthpieces who rushed after Charlottesville to reflexively smear, malign, and defame Breitbart News as an “alt-right” outlet associated with white supremacists and Nazis.

In a New York Times magazine cover story explaining how there is “no real precursor for Breitbart” of an outlet that has so quickly emerged to “dominate the political conversation in a pivotal election,” renowned essayist Wil S. Hylton spoke to Harvard law professor Yochai Benkler, who has studied the “rise and influence” of Breitbart News in addition to the news media ecosystem with colleagues at Harvard and M.I.T. with a “colossal database.” Their Media Cloud database has at least ten years worth of articles and websites that enables them to study how information and news travel.

According to Hylton, “the last thing Yochai Benkler noted before” Hylton “left his office at Harvard was that his team had performed a textual analysis of all the stories in their database, and they found a surprising result”:

“One thing that came out very clearly from our study is that Breitbart is not talking about these issues in the same way you would find on the extreme right,’’ he said. ‘‘They don’t use the same language you find on sites like VDARE and The Daily Stormer’’ — two sites connected to the white-nationalist alt-right movement. He paused for a moment, then added: ‘‘Breitbart is not the alt-right.’’ (emphasis added)

Benkler told the Times that his extensive scientific study of Breitbart News was the “the collaborative undertaking of more than a dozen interdisciplinary colleagues throughout Harvard and M.I.T.”

Legacy media reporters, Democrats, left-wing activists, Never Trumpers, and establishment Republicans have–revealing their laziness, ignorance, or malice–taken former Breitbart News executive Steve Bannon’s “platform for the alt-right” comment during the 2016 election out of context and wielded it as a club to bash Breitbart News and its readers of all backgrounds. Nearly all those who have done so perhaps not-so-coincidentally have opposed Breitbart News’ America-first positions on issues like immigration and trade.

In his New York Times magazine essay, Hylton emphasizes that critics who reflexively criticize and malign Breitbart News have not even taken the time to figure out the context of Bannon’s remark.

“Take a quick survey of your friends and see how many visited Breitbart last week or can name two articles that appeared on the site in the past three months. Then ask the same people what they think of Breitbart’s influence on the election, and watch how loud the room becomes. It’s startling the way the word ‘Breitbart’ has become iconographic, referring not really to the website or the company but to an amorphous mass of revanchist opinions for which Breitbart receives credit or blame,” Hylton writes. “We’re all so certain that Breitbart is spewing a fountain of bigotry every day — denigrating women and riling up anti-Semitism, wailing about ‘black crime’ and ‘trannies’ — that few of us devote much time to observing it for ourselves. As a result, we haven’t done a great job of figuring out what exactly Breitbart is or what Steve Bannon meant when he described it as a ‘platform for the alt-right.’”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/16/harvard-mit-study-breitbart-is-not-alt-right/

The Nazi name is the most hilarious given the similarity between white supremacy and the Nazis has been hatred of Jews, yet apparently the site founded by Andrew Breitbart, a Jew, and that has dedicated pro-Israel news, is Nazi. :rofl:

Guess we should go over the terminology: White nationalist, White supremacist, Nazi, KKK, Alt-right, virtually all the names called to anyone who the left disagrees with, of which even they have trouble figuring out what they mean. They're simply flailing at anyone they can in sheer desperation to get their way, setting themselves up for a handful of losses to which they can throw even more tantrums. I love it. B-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

And the MDL and mainstream Left are at it again.

:bonk:

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, IAMX said:

http://www.breitbart.com/economics/2017/09/01/boom-american-manufacturing-expanded-in-august-at-fastest-pace-in-six-years/

LOL, "Everything I don't like is a white supremacist"

GlgyGDd.jpg

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/16/harvard-mit-study-breitbart-is-not-alt-right/

The Nazi name is the most hilarious given the similarity between white supremacy and the Nazis has been hatred of Jews, yet apparently the site founded by Andrew Breitbart, a Jew, and that has dedicated pro-Israel news, is Nazi. :rofl:

Guess we should go over the terminology: White nationalist, White supremacist, Nazi, KKK, Alt-right, virtually all the names called to anyone who the left disagrees with, of which even they have trouble figuring out what they mean. They're simply flailing at anyone they can in sheer desperation to get their way, setting themselves up for a handful of losses to which they can throw even more tantrums. I love it. B-)

Andrew Brietbart was not racist R.I.P...but Bannon proclaimed that the site was the voice of the ALT Right. You only need to scratch the first layer of comments to find the stench of racism, antisemitism and hate

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Andrew Brietbart was not racist R.I.P...but Bannon proclaimed that the site was the voice of the ALT Right. You only need to scratch the first layer of comments to find the stench of racism, antisemitism and hate

You can find the same thing in the comments section from HuffPo and Salon, so what is your point?

Timeline
2 hours ago, IAMX said:

My poo doesn't stink, but yours does.

Think that was the gist of it.

Isn't hypocrisy grand!

:jest: