Jump to content
Pinkrlion

N-400 Online Filers - Start Studying Now

18 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

This is just my opinion, but I am an August 2017 Filer and although my anticipated date to schedule stated 8 months, I have already been scheduled for an interview.  I have not looked at anything.  LOL!!!!  I thought I had at least a couple of months.  I did at least download the app when I applied.

 

WOW, this process is fast, so now I am in study mode.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

I am an August 2017 Filer and although my anticipated date to schedule stated 8 months, I have already been scheduled for an interview.  I have not looked at anything.  LOL!!!!  I thought I had at least a couple of months.  I did at least download the app when I applied.

 

WOW, this process is fast, so now I am in study mode.  

 

i dont understand what the hell you were talking about....

 

you meant, you filed N400 online in August and you know now that your interview is scheduled 8 months later?!!!

Dont fool us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your interview appointment! Yes study, study, study. Its not too hard once you got it down. I literally studied up until the day I went in for the interview. They even had the study questions on a monitor in the waiting room. Best wishes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marcusa said:

i dont understand what the hell you were talking about....

 

you meant, you filed N400 online in August and you know now that your interview is scheduled 8 months later?!!!

Dont fool us. 

Before you speak any 'hurting and harsh' comments, please do some research. 

While filing online, the system will "project" when will USCIS schedule your interview, the OP says even though ELLIS says "[His] interview will be scheduled within [X months]" and his interview already was scheduled. 

So the OP is not fooling anyone. 

Edited by rlam57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied in mid-July and my interview is scheduled for later this September (got my appointment letter in the mail already), so I know how you feel---I thought I would have more time too as my "estimated wait time" was 6 months...but I'm glad my case moved quicker.  I've been studying for  about 30 minutes each morning too---I find the practice test on the USCIS website helpful, along with the booklet they gave me at my biometrics.

 

Good luck on your interview!

Edited by Going through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies. 

what is the estimation for interview based on ?

is it based on application volume in this specific field office ( will you be automatically assigned to curtain local office upon you submit online ? ). If this 7 or 8 months waiting is just from average data,then i wouldn't count on that much.  I never trust the estimated processing number from USCIS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, marcusa said:

My apologies. 

what is the estimation for interview based on ?

is it based on application volume in this specific field office ( will you be automatically assigned to curtain local office upon you submit online ? ). If this 7 or 8 months waiting is just from average data,then i wouldn't count on that much.  I never trust the estimated processing number from USCIS. 

Totally agreed. The system just projects based on the average time of the office. I guess everyone's projection is the same until the office actually schedules interview for applicants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! How great is this?!? Delighted to see the online application working so well, at last.  I filed in October 2016 and didn't get interviewed until July 2017. Online wasn't an option for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, marcusa said:

My apologies. 

what is the estimation for interview based on ?

is it based on application volume in this specific field office ( will you be automatically assigned to curtain local office upon you submit online ? ). If this 7 or 8 months waiting is just from average data,then i wouldn't count on that much.  I never trust the estimated processing number from USCIS. 

Apologies accepted.

 

I have no idea because the 8 month wait estimate I believed to be based upon what it says on USCIS wait times.  My office is still processing 2016 applications, so I have no clue as to why online versus paper made a big jump in my being scheduled.  That is why I figured that I would take a free class, look at the app, and review the book I received at biometrics.  

 

That plan is out the window, but for a good reason.  I did study this morning while drinking my coffee.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

That is why I figured that I would take a free class, look at the app, and review the book I received at biometrics.   

 

what is the app you mentioned about ? do you mean you review the Question book over your phone ? or the app that allows you to login and track your case status ? any link,please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marcusa said:

what is the app you mentioned about ? do you mean you review the Question book over your phone ? or the app that allows you to login and track your case status ? any link,please?

Some biometrics offices give out study booklets for the civics test (as long as supplies last).  There are various apps you can download to study as well (everyone has their preference), and USCIS has a quiz available on their website too (the quiz questions change each time you do the quiz).

 

I use a combination of the USCIS online quiz, the booklet, and an online test that was designed by a VJ member years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Going through said:

Some biometrics offices give out study booklets for the civics test (as long as supplies last).  There are various apps you can download to study as well (everyone has their preference), and USCIS has a quiz available on their website too (the quiz questions change each time you do the quiz).

 

I use a combination of the USCIS online quiz, the booklet, and an online test that was designed by a VJ member years ago. 

thank you. Any link please ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×