Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband and I attended our interview in Chicago yesterday and his green card is now in production! The interview was quick and simple. We were not approved 'on the spot', but I did get the case update via text a few hours after the interview. It was cool seeing our file on the officer's desk that had all of our immigration documents in it. I don't remember sending such a huge K1 packet, but I guess I did! 

I also noticed that the top of our file folder had a yellow piece of paper stapled to it that said "Interview Waived" on it...I wonder if our interview would have been waived had the rules not changed? Well, that is all just speculation now. I'm looking forward to a nice 2 year break from USCIS. :P

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

2 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

My husband and I attended our interview in Chicago yesterday and his green card is now in production! The interview was quick and simple. We were not approved 'on the spot', but I did get the case update via text a few hours after the interview. It was cool seeing our file on the officer's desk that had all of our immigration documents in it. I don't remember sending such a huge K1 packet, but I guess I did! 

I also noticed that the top of our file folder had a yellow piece of paper stapled to it that said "Interview Waived" on it...I wonder if our interview would have been waived had the rules not changed? Well, that is all just speculation now. I'm looking forward to a nice 2 year break from USCIS. :P

Congratulations!  😀😉😉😉😉

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline
On 8/4/2018 at 2:17 PM, dystopia said:

So my status online never updated from "We're scheduling your interview", yet I received the notice for interview in the mail early July. Status remained the same.. scheduling interview. Never changed. Even in the new website.

Our status did change, finally.  Now instead of a Nov. date and "We are scheduling your interview", it says:

March 16, 2018

Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

As of March 16, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to

to give us your new mailing address.

Current as of today at

1:37 p.m.

So their info has advanced about four months, seemingly oblivious to the fact that our interviews were held 3 weeks & 2 days ago.  :D

Edited by Mike V
punctuation

Filed: Other Timeline

As promised this is the checklist I created of documents to bring to the interview, 98% of which they never asked for at the interview.  One thing you can likely count on:  If you don't bring something, they will probably ask for it.

I created it based on the the instructions in the interview notice.  If you use this checklist, I would also suggest that you first compare it with your own interview notice and make any necessary additions.  The file in the zipped file is in RTF format -- open with either Wordpad or Word.

InterviewChecklist.zip

Edited by Mike V

29 minutes ago, Mike V said:

As promised this is the checklist I created of documents to bring to the interview, 98% of which they never asked for at the interview.  One thing you can likely count on:  If you don't bring something, they will probably ask for it.

I created it based on the the instructions in the interview notice.  If you use this checklist, I would also suggest that you first compare it with your own interview notice and make any necessary additions.  The file in the zipped file is in RTF format -- open with either Wordpad or Word.

InterviewChecklist.zip

Thank you for the check list 

PD: 09/08/2017

They received: 09/11/17

Biometeric: 10/06/17

i485 changed to case is ready to schedule 10/18/17

No Ead yet as of 11/30/17 it's been 80 days yet. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Saw everyone mentioning possible updates a few weeks back, so wanted to go check mine.

On old website, everything is still at "we received your case" or "fingerprint fee received".

And when I login to the new website, I suddenly get an error. I thought I might have given the wrong code, so I logged out of whatever happened and logged  back in with a new received code. It gives me an error as well. Simply says 500 Error, page not available. I cannot access anything. Weird.

I am assuming they are updating the system (it is Sunday 10AM here) and not freaking out or anything.

It doesn't show in their alerts, however; last maintenance was last Thursday. I'll have to wait. Maybe it's good news and they decided to schedule my interview or something. 

3 hours ago, moosy said:

Saw everyone mentioning possible updates a few weeks back, so wanted to go check mine.

On old website, everything is still at "we received your case" or "fingerprint fee received".

And when I login to the new website, I suddenly get an error. I thought I might have given the wrong code, so I logged out of whatever happened and logged  back in with a new received code. It gives me an error as well. Simply says 500 Error, page not available. I cannot access anything. Weird.

I am assuming they are updating the system (it is Sunday 10AM here) and not freaking out or anything.

It doesn't show in their alerts, however; last maintenance was last Thursday. I'll have to wait. Maybe it's good news and they decided to schedule my interview or something. 

The new website is showing the same error for me too today.

I-751 - Pending

PD: Jul 27, 2020 (California Service Center / WAC) w/ 18 mth extension letter

Biometrics: N/A - No request for biometrics, no notification of reusing fingerprints 

Office Transfer to National Benefits Center / MSC: Jan 5, 2021 & Jan 6, 2021 ("standard processing")

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

I-130 / I-485 - Approved Oct 2018
PD: Sep 15, 2017
Biometrics: Oct 11, 2017
EAD: Dec 13, 2017 (Didn't apply for AP)
EAD Renewal PD: June 19, 2018
EAD Renewal Fingerprint Review Completed: July 6, 2018
Interview Ready to be Scheduled: Jul 17, 2018
Interview: Oct 16, 2018

Approved - Card Received

AOS from O1 through marriage

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

Timeline

I logged in succesfully today, and for me, too, the website has updated my "we will schedule your interview" (which was on there since right after biometrics appointment on October 3) to "we are scheduling your interview" dated March 15th.

Considering our local office is Atlanta, and most have not received an interview before the 1 year date, I am assuming this is not actual reality, and just a mistake.

I have also not received anything else in the mail apart from my EAD/AP card and notice letters of renewal, despite never having moved etc. I have no reason to believe this is true.

I am assuming others in my situation (where local offices have more than a year to go on average) have not magically received their letters either after this weird update?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am jumping on the bang wagon of the new message. I was at "ready to be scheduled" since end of October. Let's see what happened. I was just starting to think about asking for an extension.

Funny I did not get a text message about this new message. 

I will keep you guys posted, please tag me if anybody get their letter :), but I am not holding my breath. They say as of March 16, and well still sweet nothing.

Edited by PR&PR

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

On 8/10/2018 at 6:51 AM, RJandHamid said:

Hi! I have a question on the green card delivery, I heard uscis is now using usps restricted delivery on green card and ead which requires signature. Did you guys have to sign upon delivery? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
31 minutes ago, shellyw__ said:

Hi! I have a question on the green card delivery, I heard uscis is now using usps restricted delivery on green card and ead which requires signature. Did you guys have to sign upon delivery? 

No we did not need to provide a signature. I found the envelope with the green card in it in our mailbox when I returned home from work. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline

Getting a little disappointed with the waiting times, seeing others who filed months later that already have their greencard etc. And people mentioning it could be any time, just makes it worse haha. Looking at the waiting times for Atlanta, I will be lucky to receive my interview letter the end of this month, and an interview in October or November.

One week shy of one year ago that I sent in AOS.

Edited by moosy
typo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, moosy said:

Getting a little disappointed with the waiting times, seeing others who filed months later that already have their greencard etc. And people mentioning it could be any time, just makes it worse haha. Looking at the waiting times for Atlanta, I will be lucky to receive my interview letter the end of this month, and an interview in October or November.

One week shy of one year ago that I sent in AOS.

Don't worry too much Moosy. I filed around a week later than you and I just barely realized that "my interview is ready to be scheduled". (Which is really weird because I found out a couple of days ago when I happened to log in to the new website... It's also weird because it said the date for this notification being April 4. Now, I'm pretty sure I checked my account between april 3rd and the day I found out, so how that happened I don't know.... It's weird to think that in theory i've been waiting for my interview since april all of the sudden. It could be a mistake but I really don't think so... I feel like it's just a system delay or something... Anyways I wanted to reply to you and also update you guys with this.)

I say don't worry, I'm not gonna tell you it's gonna be "anytime". It's gonna be an actual day, you just don't know which... hahaha sorry if that didnt help at all lol 😂 

Been awhile September filers!

Been busy working to update y'all. Finally received letter for interview appointment. 1 month before it turned a year old!

My notice date: Sept 12, 2017

I received interview letter: Aug 18th, 2018

Interview Date @ Philly field office: Sept 25, 2018

Both old and new website was updated. preparing stuff that i will bring with me in the interview. Nervous and excited.... Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

God bless to others who will get their interview soon! and Congrats to everyone who have already got their GC!

Sincerely,

Val

ROC Process:

07.07.2020: I-751 Mailed

07.10.2020: NOA

08.04.2020: Biometrics (Re-used From 2017)

11.23.2021: Received 24 Months Extension

00.00.2022: Awaiting Interview/Approval

Any September filers in Seattle still waiting for interview scheduling? I'm about to hit the 1 year mark for waiting and I'm getting really nervous. Like, did they lose the application? Did the notice get lost inbetween junk mail, etc.

Does anyone know if you get an e-mail for the interview date if you filed the G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance form with K-1?

Edited by alexo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.