emma407

slec sputum reslut

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
Just now, emma407 said:

That is sputum culture test not blood

Yes, but in my wife case, they took blood and Sputum collection which they did for three consecutive days for the Sputum. Anyways, you just have to wait and see and hope you don't hear from them. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! Hoping for your medical to be fine soon.^_^  Btw, How's the medical on SLEC ongoing everyday? Is it still crowded? that you need to go super early? what's the best day for medical that has not that crowded. Thank you and God bless!

Timeline

You are not alone, my fiancee also got a call yesterday that she will need to go back a week later than was scheduled. All they told her was that the sample needs to be incubated. I'm still holding off hope that if it was found to be positive they would have already requested her to come in immediately to begin treatment. Also, if she has TB I would have contracted it too.

Timeline

Thank you, I'm hoping  everything went well.,I just don't understand why they need to do that. I remember I had a cough last august and I been here only 1half year.  

Wish the best to your fiancé too o

Timeline

Hi cherry blossoms thank you for your reply, yes still crowded in slec. When I did medical at 3:30 I'm already there and I am in # 20 in que. I stayed in city garden only 3mins walk.

waiting is the most difficult part I'm done after lunch

thanks

20 hours ago, Mmagic said:

I hope the tests will turn out to be negative. Results could go either way. My questions are why did they request to do a sputem test in the first place? Did you have any shadow in any of the X-Rays? Have you attracted TB in the Past and were treated for it? In anyways, expect to go through the same procedures of testing when you arrive in the USA.  My wife had TB 10 years ago while serving as a volunteer in the Philippines and was treated for it. When she did the Medical tests in Singapore for k1, one of the X-rays showed a hazy part which was small damage from the TB. She had to do the sputum test that took three months and came out Negative.  She was cleared and got her VISA. Now, when she arrived in Los Angeles, we were contacted by Los Angeles County Health Services. She was asked to do the tests again. They took blood in three consecutive days, the test results took around two months. the results came back Negative and a certificate was issued to her.  We found out that anyone coming to Los Angeles who had a sputom test in a forign country will be tested here. 

God forbid if you have TB, you will have to go through treatment and be cleared. Still, you will go through the test all over again in the US to be sure you are cured. But my fingers are crossed your tests will come out negative. 

The thing is, in the Philippines, there is not a day that no applicant is requested to go under sputum test. That is why I am thankful I did not process my visa there. Idk why but it makes me think that the xray machine they are using there is a joke.

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Timeline

Yes, in Dubai they are not conscious about tb. I had a friend she always had cough, she has asthma, allergy etc but she passed the medical right away. 

Me in 7 years I never had cough and flu not even fever when I worked in Dubai. I had a cough last year for few days that's all. I don't know why are they doing that I am negative in other Doctor. It's reallly frustrating and stressful

Just now, emma407 said:

Yes, in Dubai they are not conscious about tb. I had a friend she always had cough, she has asthma, allergy etc but she passed the medical right away. 

Me in 7 years I never had cough and flu not even fever when I worked in Dubai. I had a cough last year for few days that's all. I don't know why are they doing that I am negative in other Doctor. It's reallly frustrating and stressful

SLEC is one of the reasons why I chosed to process my visa in Dubai instead of going back to the Philippines.

Like you, I talked to someone who worked for 14yrs in Dubai, went back to the Philippines and did her visa there only to be told that the x-ray is showing some "unusual" result and that she needs to go under sputum test. We were thinking, if she did have these unusual stuff in her lungs, she would have been deported from UAE to the Philippines bec you know how strict they are when it comes to contagious diseases. She filed earlier than I did but I flew first to the US and she flew 3 months after. 

That is why I personally think that SLEC's xray machine is a joke.

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.