emma407

slec sputum reslut

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, is my 6 weeks of waiting in my culture result in st lukes philippines. then one lady called me and said there is something grows in my sputum and they extend another weeks to ensure if negative or positive. means i need to wait total 9 weeks instead of 8 weeks.i was sad and i need advised if anyone here experienced the same. is there any posibilities that my culture test is negative?

Please i need help.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

56 minutes ago, emma407 said:

is there any posibilities that my culture test is negative?

Unfortunately the only person who would know whether the test is negative or positive would be the person looking at the results.  A difference of one week waiting time isn't too long, so think of it that way.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Yes, it's possible (either way). They don't have a conclusive result yet.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

I hope the tests will turn out to be negative. Results could go either way. My questions are why did they request to do a sputem test in the first place? Did you have any shadow in any of the X-Rays? Have you attracted TB in the Past and were treated for it? In anyways, expect to go through the same procedures of testing when you arrive in the USA.  My wife had TB 10 years ago while serving as a volunteer in the Philippines and was treated for it. When she did the Medical tests in Singapore for k1, one of the X-rays showed a hazy part which was small damage from the TB. She had to do the sputum test that took three months and came out Negative.  She was cleared and got her VISA. Now, when she arrived in Los Angeles, we were contacted by Los Angeles County Health Services. She was asked to do the tests again. They took blood in three consecutive days, the test results took around two months. the results came back Negative and a certificate was issued to her.  We found out that anyone coming to Los Angeles who had a sputom test in a forign country will be tested here. 

God forbid if you have TB, you will have to go through treatment and be cleared. Still, you will go through the test all over again in the US to be sure you are cured. But my fingers are crossed your tests will come out negative. 

Timeline
Just now, Mmagic said:

I hope the tests will turn out to be negative. Results could go either way. My questions are why did they request to do a sputem test in the first place? Did you have any shadow in any of the X-Rays? Have you attracted TB in the Past and were treated for it? In anyways, expect to go through the same procedures of testing when you arrive in the USA.  My wife had TB 10 years ago while serving as a volunteer in the Philippines and was treated for it. When she did the Medical tests in Singapore for k1, one of the X-rays showed a hazy part which was small damage from the TB. She had to do the sputum test that took three months and came out Negative.  She was cleared and got her VISA. Now, when she arrived in Los Angeles, we were contacted by Los Angeles County Health Services. She was asked to do the tests again. They took blood in three consecutive days, the test results took around two months. the results came back Negative and a certificate was issued to her.  We found out that anyone coming to Los Angeles who had a sputom test in a forign country will be tested here. 

God forbid if you have TB, you will have to go through treatment and be cleared. Still, you will go through the test all over again in the US to be sure you are cured. But my fingers are crossed your tests will come out negative. 

We were told by the Doctor that tests done in the USA are more advanced and more accurate. By the way, the tests and all that was FREE. 

One thing to know, USCIS and Public Health Services are connected somehow. 

Timeline

Actually they found some white spot in my lungs. I did smear test and all negative only I need to wait for my culture result. Which is 9 weeks. But they called me earlier telling that I will know my result in the 9 weeks of waiting. But they told me something grows in my culture but they need to check if that is tb bacteria. I don't have history of tb no symptoms not at all. I worked in Dubai 12 years in hotel and I did X-ray every 6 months and everything is fine. And I went to lung center everything is negative

Timeline
Just now, emma407 said:

Actually they found some white spot in my lungs. I did smear test and all negative only I need to wait for my culture result. Which is 9 weeks. But they called me earlier telling that I will know my result in the 9 weeks of waiting. But they told me something grows in my culture but they need to check if that is tb bacteria. I don't have history of tb no symptoms not at all. I worked in Dubai 12 years in hotel and I did X-ray every 6 months and everything is fine. And I went to lung center everything is negative

You should be fine. If you don't hear from them then that is good. I know it is frustrating, we went through this in Singapore and it is very stressful. The only bad part of the whole thing is delaying the process to be with your loved one. Best of luck to you.

Timeline

I am really worried that I have to go 6 months treatment which is I know I'm healthy. They told if they call earlier means  positive. But why they extend my cuture test for another weeks? That is bothers me. I saw some blog that if they call earlier you must go to slec as soon as posible

Timeline

When did they call you to let you know they need an extra week? If there was anything that serious they would have already requested you in isolation. But I doubt it. Hope they don't call you. 

Timeline

Yesterday in my 6 weeks . They told I will go to slec by sept 28 instead of 20th. This really bothers me which is they already let me know something grows in my. Culture but she won't tell me if positive or negative till the  waiting period is done

Timeline
Just now, emma407 said:

Yesterday in my 6 weeks . They told I will go to slec by sept 28 instead of 20th. This really bothers me which is they already let me know something grows in my. Culture but she won't tell me if positive or negative till the  waiting period is done

As long as they are still testing, it's a good thing. Sometimes there are bacteria that grow in the mouth and shows up in the test, but that should be ok. 

Timeline
Just now, Mmagic said:

We were told by the Doctor that tests done in the USA are more advanced and more accurate. By the way, the tests and all that was FREE. 

One thing to know, USCIS and Public Health Services are connected somehow. 

Sorry, I meant to say Sputum collection Not blood collection. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.