dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2017

641 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, uhondo said:

Hello all,

New poster here, but I have been reading some of the articles and following this thread for a while.

September is my third month at NVC. I completed DS-260 in mid June, and my sponsor had all the documents sent in late June, but we have received neither a checklist, nor an CC from NVC.

My category is F1 and on the portal it simply says "at NVC."

I guess i am just beginning to wonder what the hold up is, but i also know there isn't much i can do in the way of fast tracking the immigration process. I simply must wait my turn. Calling is not an option for me.

So here i am introducing myself and joining the other would be immigrants just for moral support if not for anything else.

Thanks for the very useful information on the site by the way. 

If the online tracking says 'AT NVC '. That means case complete please call Nvc to confirm and when have the status changes to at Nvc .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, August97 said:

Hi all!

My case was approved 8/22. Just waiting now for my case and invoice numbers so I can get the ball rolling. I will be calling NVC next week to check the status. My plan is to call twice a week, beginning and end. Just glad to finally be out of Nebraska after 8.5 months of waiting. 

I'm the day before you, from all the timelines I've seen of everyone that's been approved, they've shown 15 days from approval to NVC received, so hopeful we hear something this week. 

I'm thinking of trying to call Tuesday night for the first time, being Monday is a holiday

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, MrHanky said:

I'm the day before you, from all the timelines I've seen of everyone that's been approved, they've shown 15 days from approval to NVC received, so hopeful we hear something this week. 

I'm thinking of trying to call Tuesday night for the first time, being Monday is a holiday

Yes, I hope so. I'm going to call Tuesday night also. I didn't know they were open so late. That's a good thing since I'm always busy during the day with work and kids etc.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, uhondo said:

Just woke up to some information from the attorney that they are waiting to schedule an interview as of 8/25.

Hi, which embassy is ur interview going to take place ? And when was ur case complete?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, uhondo said:

Just woke up to some information from the attorney that they are waiting to schedule an interview as of 8/25.

You're doing an F1 visa? this is the IR1/CR1 forum for spouse and family not student visa.

Also please fill out your timeline.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

1 hour ago, MrHanky said:

You're doing an F1 visa? this is the IR1/CR1 forum for spouse and family not student visa.

Also please fill out your timeline.

Sorry, MrHanky,

This is not the F1 student visa but rather the F1 "Unmarried adult children of U.S. citizens."

Apologies if i am posting in the wrong place.

Edited by uhondo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
18 hours ago, uhondo said:

Hi! Congrats on your case complete! You can now come over to the case complete to interview forum where all others have CC's and are waiting for interview!

On 9/2/2017 at 5:45 PM, Oushady said:

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for CR1 visa, today I checked the status of the application and it's saying "At NVC". My scan date is August 2nd. Does that mean that I have a CC ? I also checked the status of AOS fees but it says "paid" and didn't disappear as it should when you have a CC. I'm confused, I don't know if I'm having a CC or not ? 

by which method you submitted your doc ? Mail ?

Naturalization - N-400 Timeline

09/09/2020 - N-400 filling done online

09/09/2020 - NOA online

02/11/2021 - Bio Reuse

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, NihalV said:

2 hours ago, NihalV said:

By mail. I'm afraid it's going to be  a checklist since the fees part didn't disappear. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 9/2/2017 at 4:57 PM, Oushady said:

Thank you so much !!! I hope it's a CC. I guess I have to wait until Tuesday to call them since Monday is labor day in USA.

It's hard for me to believe that we got a CC in only 4 weeks !

I hope it's true.

Wow let me know if its a case complete! Which embassy are you at? My scan date is august 22 i hope i get a case complete in that time. It would make my year. 

Timeline

Can i get a few people to tell me what month of cr2 visa's the NvC is working on? Also recently i have been seeing people getting case completes in less then 6 weeks is this true? Is the delay times dropping? My scan date is august 22,2017 im hoping i get a CC by the end of september from what i see! 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Confused89 said:

Can i get a few people to tell me what month of cr2 visa's the NvC is working on? Also recently i have been seeing people getting case completes in less then 6 weeks is this true? Is the delay times dropping? My scan date is august 22,2017 im hoping i get a CC by the end of september from what i see! 

I got mine in 8 weeks exactly.  And checklist closed in 4 weeks.  Just my experience.  But yes they are definitely moving faster than they were a couple months ago

Timeline
1 minute ago, nessasmom980 said:

I got mine in 8 weeks exactly.  And checklist closed in 4 weeks.  Just my experience.  But yes they are definitely moving faster than they were a couple months ago

What do you mean the ckecklist closed in 4 weeks? When was your scan date? And CC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.