dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2017

641 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi everybody. I just got my I-130 approval on August 29. My lawyer is being great about being proactive. I'm working on gathering up the last few required documents so he can send my packets in as soon as the payments clear!

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mary Lou said:

Your husband will have to amend his taxes from 2016. I had to do the same, because my tax preparer listed me as single and i told her i am married, she said well he isnt here. But he can send a copy of his amendment with his IRS transcripts, that's what i did.

:wacko::o I did my taxes in the same way.. and I did not send any amend for my taxes, I do not even know what it is. :blink:

TIMELINE

29 December 2015 - married in Dominican Republic

USCIS Phase

21 November 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

22 November 2016 I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

25 November - NOA1 received in the mail

???? - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

????- NOA 2 received in the mail 

????- Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

????- Case received by NVC

???? - NVC case number assigned

???? -  DS-261 Completed Online
???? - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
????- IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
????- DS-260 Completed
???? - AOS and IV package sent

--------------------------------------------------------
??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lacosta said:

:wacko::o I did my taxes in the same way.. and I did not send any amend for my taxes, I do not even know what it is. :blink:

I filed single.  As,my tax preparer advised me to do.  And mine was,approved with no issues.  I wonder if it depends on the person reviewing your case.  Seems like there is no standard on some things at NVC 😐

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 minutes ago, nessasmom980 said:

I filed single.  As,my tax preparer advised me to do.  And mine was,approved with no issues.  I wonder if it depends on the person reviewing your case.  Seems like there is no standard on some things at NVC 😐

I doubt they're going to look into things like that, the IRS is more likely too, the reason NVC wants to see it for the purpose of supporting the beneficiary.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

13 hours ago, Segun1988 said:

First scan date 1st may 2017 , I got a checklist of police report certificate so second scan date Aug 24th 2017 and cc on September  1st wow it's miracle 

Wow, that's awesome! I had my first scan date May 19th 2017, got a checklist because my agent (mother in law and joint sponsor) sent 2012 tax returns instead of 2016 :( , my second scan date is August 8th 2017... Did you do your process in the States? My husband and I have been living in Colombia and it has taken us forever to move forward with our case. Congratulations on you case closed!

4 hours ago, Lacosta said:

Go to the IRS website, and get the 1040x form there you can amend your taxes

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, nessasmom980 said:

Don't lose hope.  My first one was 24 may..and second 22  july... and got my case closed on 24 August and interview date set on 25 august.  So it's coming soon😊

Do u mean u got cc in 24 august ? And when is ur interview plz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got our Welcome email yesterday (September 1st), and we already paid both fees. So nice to see some movement after being stuck in Nebraska for so long. Quick question: everything I read prepared me to start by filling out the agent choice form (DS261), but it was skipped in our case. We were able to pay the fees right away. Is this common? Im just hoping it isn't a glitch. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, KarenGnzlz said:

Wow, that's awesome! I had my first scan date May 19th 2017, got a checklist because my agent (mother in law and joint sponsor) sent 2012 tax returns instead of 2016 :( , my second scan date is August 8th 2017... Did you do your process in the States? My husband and I have been living in Colombia and it has taken us forever to move forward with our case. Congratulations on you case closed!

I'm in Nigeria and my wife is in USA so we submitted in th US,I got a checklist for police report certificate after I submitted th document, my wife called Nvc and th rep told her it will take 11 weeks and she asked to speak to supervisor because we already waited 11 so we can't wait for another 11 weeks . So it happens in a miracleous way 

Hi everyone,

Our case was just approved at USCIS on 8/29 after more than 9 months of waiting so about to start on the NVC stage. I have a question.

Where does the very first notification from NVC get sent? Is it to me as the I 130 petitioner or does it go to my wife as the visa applicant/beneficiary?

How is this sent? By mail, by email? I don't have any confidence in the mail system in the Dominican Republic. I am hoping it is mailed to me here in the USA. Could it be emailed? USCIS have my email address, does that get given to NVC  so they can send me an email? I am also moving in 2 weeks to another address, so I am worried that we don't get the initial notification from NVC.

please help

thanks

1 minute ago, isittimeyet said:

Hi everyone,

Our case was just approved at USCIS on 8/29 after more than 9 months of waiting so about to start on the NVC stage. I have a question.

Where does the very first notification from NVC get sent? Is it to me as the I 130 petitioner or does it go to my wife as the visa applicant/beneficiary?

How is this sent? By mail, by email? I don't have any confidence in the mail system in the Dominican Republic. I am hoping it is mailed to me here in the USA. Could it be emailed? USCIS have my email address, does that get given to NVC  so they can send me an email? I am also moving in 2 weeks to another address, so I am worried that we don't get the initial notification from NVC.

please help

thanks

It is sent by email. They send it to the petitioner. 

7 minutes ago, Leah09 said:

It is sent by email. They send it to the petitioner. 

That is good to hear. Do I need to do anything special? If USCIS emailed me status updates, does that mean NVC will have my email address too, or do I need to provide it to them separately?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for CR1 visa, today I checked the status of the application and it's saying "At NVC". My scan date is August 2nd. Does that mean that I have a CC ? I also checked the status of AOS fees but it says "paid" and didn't disappear as it should when you have a CC. I'm confused, I don't know if I'm having a CC or not ? 

11 minutes ago, isittimeyet said:

That is good to hear. Do I need to do anything special? If USCIS emailed me status updates, does that mean NVC will have my email address too, or do I need to provide it to them separately?

They will have the same email they had for USCIS. Once they receive your case I believe you can call and give both the beneficiary's and petitioner's email addresses so you both get notifications. Are you going to be your own agent?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.