2,916 posts in this topic

On 20/10/2017 at 11:39 PM, RdMngo said:

You will get a notice to do your biometrics with your appointment date, time, place and instructions on it, via mail. Just read it carefully and follow it. 

EAD filed with form I-485 under c(9) category usually arrives between 1-3 months after biometrics. It all depends on how quick it gets processed. 

Thank you so much for your answer. 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/20/2017 at 9:27 AM, Tortmaster said:

It depends on how long you have been in the US, you have to provide police checks from all places you've lived in the last 3years I think. I have lived in the US for 10 years so I did not have to get a police clearance from my home country

Thanks. That makes sense. :-)

hi every one,

I got interview next month in Chicago for naturalization interview based on VAWA.Please send me what documents I need and what to expect in this interview and how to prepare for it?

Thank you all for all your help.

Filed: Timeline

Guys, i filed my Vawa 11 months ago and so far i just got a RFE of good moral character.  Should i expect anything else or at this point, this will be it? 

Btw: I see many Vawa petitioners asking about traveling abroad with EAD card.  I did travel many times with mine EAD and never had any problems, and looking forward to my next trip soon.   Anyone could kindly share the experience ?  Thanks

Edited by digonyc

On 20/10/2017 at 10:04 AM, sandranj said:

First, the VSC checks if the police clearance is missing and then issue an RFE,  but later on (6/9months) they can issue a  new RFE if you didn't submit enough proof of abuse and/or bonafide marriage.

Sandra,  does it means that they have a time frame to issue RFE (6/9 Months) if they need to? Means that after 9 months the chance of having a case approved is higher if they dont send any RFE?  Thank you

55 minutes ago, digonyc said:

Sandra,  does it means that they have a time frame to issue RFE (6/9 Months) if they need to? Means that after 9 months the chance of having a case approved is higher if they dont send any RFE?  Thank you

No she just meant that there are two moments when you can receive RFE. First when they initially receive/review your petition for completion and then when they actually adjudicate your petition. At that moment you will either get approved or get an RFE. You won’t know until you get it. 

Filed: Other Timeline
18 hours ago, justiceseeker said:

hi every one,

I got interview next month in Chicago for naturalization interview based on VAWA.Please send me what documents I need and what to expect in this interview and how to prepare for it?

Thank you all for all your help.

Congratulations. Your interview notice will have a list of things that you should bring to the interview. Bring all those documents.

1 hour ago, digonyc said:

Guys, i filed my Vawa 11 months ago and so far i just got a RFE of good moral character.  Should i expect anything else or at this point, this will be it? 

Btw: I see many Vawa petitioners asking about traveling abroad with EAD card.  I did travel many times with mine EAD and never had any problems, and looking forward to my next trip soon.   Anyone could kindly share the experience ?  Thanks

Can u please share you timeline? 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, digonyc said:

3 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

No she just meant that there are two moments when you can receive RFE. First when they initially receive/review your petition for completion and then when they actually adjudicate your petition. At that moment you will either get approved or get an RFE. You won’t know until you get it. 

Yep iwillsurvivie is correct. They do not have a time frame, but  usualy USCIS touches your case twice. When USCIS receives your self  petition  he/she will check if you submitted the police clearance or if you mailed all pages of the form, dated and signed or if you submitted a copy of your passport etc... and then he/she issues the prima facie. The officer will not touch your case until the day he will touch your case to give a decision, after 6/9months. The work permit and advance parole are issued by a different immigration officer. 

When someone says  "USCIS mailed me an RFE"  I  have an idea about what they asking if  they issued the RFE 20/40 days after they received your VAWA petition, and  they probably are asking  a police clearance or  you did not sign the form or some pages of the form are missing etc, but if they mailed the RFE after 6/9 months then probably they are asking proof of bonafide marriage and/ or proof of the abuse and/or  proof of commune residence.

9 hours ago, digonyc said:

The timeline is case by case. In a rare situation, USCIS can issue more than two REFs, such as this one - EAC1619850920 , received three RFEs on 7/8/16, 5/3/17 and 10/6/17. Good luck!

Edited by miloy001

33 minutes ago, miloy001 said:

The timeline is case by case. In a rare situation, USCIS can issue more than two REFs, such as this one - EAC1619850920 , received three RFEs on 7/8/16, 5/3/17 and 10/6/17. Good luck!

What was the 3 RFE about?

On 9/8/2017 at 7:43 PM, MJM2001 said:

Hi

I've been a silent reader for a while. My timeline is as follows:

Came over on F1

Feb 2016 I130, I485 etc

Didn't hear a thing but when to my local office who took Biometrics. 

Received EAD and AP.

Relocated twice.

Jan 2017 applied EAD renewal.

Received letter stating they would use previous biometrics

April 2017 filed I360. Asked to hold I485

May received notice and EAD.

May sent Police check from UK (here in US for just under 3 years)

No Prima Facie.

Such a long process.

We broke up on arriving on the East Coast. I kicked him out.  He then went all out to destroy me. We are currently in contempt of court (him). Am on the east coast alone so it really sucks. It'd be nice to make friends with people in similar circumstances. Waiting to relocate to my original US location.

Good luck everyone

I understand your plight. Hope you make new friends soon. I am in the middle of no where too. It sucks and I can't wait to get my life and kids back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.