wanderlust88

Abu Dhabi Embassy Delays - Support Group

1,137 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Auds said:

You really should get sorted in a couple of weeks.. hugs to you.  The summer must have delayed things more for you.  

Thanks so much hun, you've been such a great help!! Big hug :)

Haven't been able to book my interview date yet and no letter yet too!

20 hours ago, ysrmf said:

Since my case was expedited I thought I had to schedule my interview so I did that and went to the embassy only to be turned away because they hadn't sent me the appointment letter yet.

We have had our expedite approved for two months now and still nothing .. four months since our case complete.

The company I was working at was going under so I've quit my job in April and I'm so unsure about whether to take up another job because of this situation.

@ysrmf you might want to call NVC and speak to them because expedited cases should be going much faster, something is weird.

Also even if your company cancells you, you have 30 days so by than, you should have something. I hope you get something soon, well we all should 

10/06/2011: Documents sent to Dallas

10/17/2011: Received NOA (dated: 10/14/2011)

11/01/2011: Status change: Testing and Interviewing

12/08/2011: Yellow Letter received (dated: 12/06/2011)

01/06/2012: Status Change!!!: Initial Testing and Interviewing

On 08/09/2017 at 7:40 AM, Tatsi said:

@ysrmf you might want to call NVC and speak to them because expedited cases should be going much faster, something is weird.

Also even if your company cancells you, you have 30 days so by than, you should have something. I hope you get something soon, well we all should 

Yeah I emailed them today ..fingers crossed for a positive answer :)

Hoping all of you hear good news too!!

2 hours ago, ysrmf said:

Yeah I emailed them today ..fingers crossed for a positive answer :)

Hoping all of you hear good news too!!

Good luck!!! Hope they answer soon because it takes them a week to reply sometimes. Otherwise try calling just call at 7am US (EST) time so you are not on hold for 40 min.

On 12/09/2017 at 0:39 AM, Tatsi said:

Good luck!!! Hope they answer soon because it takes them a week to reply sometimes. Otherwise try calling just call at 7am US (EST) time so you are not on hold for 40 min.

Thank you! They asked us to contact the Embassy here so I've filled in the form online ..hopefully will hear back soon!

1 hour ago, ysrmf said:

Thank you! They asked us to contact the Embassy here so I've filled in the form online ..hopefully will hear back soon!

did NVC confirm that they have sent your case file to the embassy? was wondering what your tracker says. mine is still "At NVC" and hasn't changed to "In Transit" - so my file isn't even with the embassy yet!

do update us on what the embassy tells you about interview scheduling and availability. thanks!

Edited by wanderlust88

17 hours ago, wanderlust88 said:

did NVC confirm that they have sent your case file to the embassy? was wondering what your tracker says. mine is still "At NVC" and hasn't changed to "In Transit" - so my file isn't even with the embassy yet!

do update us on what the embassy tells you about interview scheduling and availability. thanks!

Hey 

Yes my file was transferred to the Embassy in July because I expedited the interview so my case changed to In Transit and then Ready.

So I finally got my appointment letter and booked my interview for October 4th :) here's hoping we don't have any hiccups after this!! 

5 hours ago, ysrmf said:

Hey 

Yes my file was transferred to the Embassy in July because I expedited the interview so my case changed to In Transit and then Ready.

So I finally got my appointment letter and booked my interview for October 4th :) here's hoping we don't have any hiccups after this!! 

that's awesome! good luck!! let us know how everything goes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 5:23 PM, ysrmf said:

Hey 

Yaaay!!! Congrats, great news..im sure all will be well. That's still crazy to me that you have to wait until October and that's expedited, what about the rest of us who isn't 😯. 

As im in Dubai for just a bit i was thinking to go to the embassy in AD and just speak to someone and see what can be done. But not sure they will even let me in or may be kick me out. Still contemplating. 

On 9/13/2017 at 11:57 PM, wanderlust88 said:

Hey, the site will continue to show at NVC until the embassy schedules you. Once they do, NVC sends them the file and updates the system.

On 23/09/2017 at 0:00 AM, Tatsi said:

Yaaay!!! Congrats, great news..im sure all will be well. That's still crazy to me that you have to wait until October and that's expedited, what about the rest of us who isn't 😯. 

As im in Dubai for just a bit i was thinking to go to the embassy in AD and just speak to someone and see what can be done. But not sure they will even let me in or may be kick me out. Still contemplating. 

Thank you :) so nervous!!

No one can enter the embassy just like that :(

What about emailing them or calling them? I got the appointment letter after emailing them. 

On 14/09/2017 at 10:48 PM, wanderlust88 said:

that's awesome! good luck!! let us know how everything goes.

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, ysrmf said:

Thank you :) so nervous!!

No one can enter the embassy just like that :(

What about emailing them or calling them? I got the appointment letter after emailing them. 

Thank you :)

It's normal to be nervous!!! But you'll be fine!!! 

I did email them so lets see hope they answer.

my sympathies with all those affected by the new travel ban, but i was wondering if the new ban will clear up interview slots in abu dhabi as iranian applications won't be processed for some time?

4 hours ago, wanderlust88 said:

my sympathies with all those affected by the new travel ban, but i was wondering if the new ban will clear up interview slots in abu dhabi as iranian applications won't be processed for some time?

Who knows. But if its not Iranians - its the rest of the nationality mix that lives in the country. 

I have emailed them but got no response. This whole process is starting to get annoying and i want to reach out to someone at the embassy just dont know who. When i tried calling, the section for immigrant visas mentions that they do not procesd inquiries over the phone. 

Iranians form a large chunk of those being interviewed in Abu Dhabi.  For instance when i went for my IV interview in June 2017, out of the 20 groups/individuals they do each day for IV, about 16 were Iranians.

So do expect your interviews sooner now...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.