Smile_goongyi

IMB rfe

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all please help us what to do here.  My fiancé got an rfe August 21 then received mail today,  saying this:

"The evidence in the file reflects that you met the beneficiary through the services of an International Marriage Broker (IMB).  You stated that you met the beneficiary through OkCupid.  This website is considered to be an International Marriage Broker as It is a business that charges fees for providing dating matrimonial, matchmaking services or social referrals between United States citizens and foreign nationals.  Therefore, you are require submit a copy of the signed written consent Form that the IMB obtained from the beneficiary (name), authorizing the release of her personal contact Information to you."

That was the letter of rfe, but we've been in okcupid for 3 days then after that we've chatted and talked using line apps.  What kind of Form is this.  Please help us. 😔 

Timeline

As far as I know,  usually they ask for the terms of service and conditions of the site where you met . That IMB part of i129f form should be answered by NO. Print the terms of service and conditions of the site and send it to them

Edited by Ielle

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ielle said:

As far as I know,  usually they ask for the terms of service and conditions of the site where you met . That IMB part of i129f form should be answered by NO

Thank you, so much. We met in okcupid

I got an RFE for that for OKC as well several months ago. You need to provide the Terms of Service at a bare minimum. I also contacted OKC's support and requested for them to confirm they're not an IMB. They replied back stating they are a free dating website and do not fall under the definition of an IMB.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ielle said:

You're welcome.  Are you the beneficiary from Philippines?  

Yes :). We don't know what to do. Are we going to ask okcupid admin to give us a letter or Form with their signatures? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I got an RFE for that for OKC as well several months ago. You need to provide the Terms of Service at a bare minimum. I also contacted OKC's support and requested for them to confirm they're not an IMB. They replied back stating they are a free dating website and do not fall under the definition of an IMB.

thank you so much, really appreciate your help all. Btw what did you do? You've just print what they've sent you? Or they will going to sent you a mail with their signature.  How did you contact OKC's support?

9 minutes ago, Smile_goongyi said:

thank you so much, really appreciate your help all. Btw what did you do? You've just print what they've sent you? Or they will going to sent you a mail with their signature.  How did you contact OKC's support?

I contacted them via their feedback form (https://www.okcupid.com/feedback). Then I printed the email response.

Here's what I said:

"Hello,

I met my fiancee through OKC. She is a Filipino national. Immigration is requiring proof that we did not meet through an International Marriage Broker, in accordance with IMBRA requirements. Can you please confirm that OK Cupid is not an International Marriage Broker?

Thanks,
[My Full Name Here]"

They replied with:

"Hello,

Congratulations on your engagement! We at OkCupid are always happy to hear success stories such as yours.

OkCupid is not an international marriage broker as defined by the International Marriage Brokers Act. In fact, OkCupid is a free dating website with a few premium feature offerings. You should be able to show this email as the proof that you need. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Best,
Alex D
OKC Support"
Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

I contacted them via their feedback form (https://www.okcupid.com/feedback). Then I printed the email response.

Here's what I said:

"Hello,

I met my fiancee through OKC. She is a Filipino national. Immigration is requiring proof that we did not meet through an International Marriage Broker, in accordance with IMBRA requirements. Can you please confirm that OK Cupid is not an International Marriage Broker?

Thanks,
[My Full Name Here]"

They replied with:

"Hello,

Congratulations on your engagement! We at OkCupid are always happy to hear success stories such as yours.

OkCupid is not an international marriage broker as defined by the International Marriage Brokers Act. In fact, OkCupid is a free dating website with a few premium feature offerings. You should be able to show this email as the proof that you need. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Best,
Alex D
OKC Support"

Geowrian is that okay no signed of OKC support?  that's the only documents that you've sent to uscis?  Thank you so much at least now we know what to do 😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ielle said:

Maybe this can help you,  saw this from the previous year.  

Screenshot_20170825_190730.png

Screenshot_20170825_190745.png

Thank you so much as well lelle 😊 really help us a lot. 

Just now, Smile_goongyi said:

Geowrian is that okay no signed of OKC support?  that's the only documents that you've sent to uscis?  Thank you so much at least now we know what to do 😊

Correct. It was printed right from my Gmail. I sent that email thread + the Terms of Service printed from their website.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
10 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Correct. It was printed right from my Gmail. I sent that email thread + the Terms of Service printed from their website.

Thank you so much geowrian 😊 Godbless you all. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.