Mat&Mali

Recieved interview date from NVC but Embassy cannot confirm.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

We received notification from NVC 8/2/2017 that my wife's interview date has been scheduled at The US Embassy Bangkok 9/12/2017. We registered online for document delivery and the home page for registration says "no appointment scheduled". My attorney emailed the Embassy to request permission for me to attend the interview and the Embassy stated "no appointment scheduled" I called the immigrant visa service center in Thailand and the operator was unhelpful and suggested I email visasbkkiv@state.gov.

The interview is in 3 weeks and I would like to confirm that we are actually on the books at the Embassy before hand. Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks you!

Mat & Mali

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Mat&Mali said:

Hello,

We received notification from NVC 8/2/2017 that my wife's interview date has been scheduled at The US Embassy Bangkok 9/12/2017. We registered online for document delivery and the home page for registration says "no appointment scheduled". My attorney emailed the Embassy to request permission for me to attend the interview and the Embassy stated "no appointment scheduled" I called the immigrant visa service center in Thailand and the operator was unhelpful and suggested I email visasbkkiv@state.gov.

The interview is in 3 weeks and I would like to confirm that we are actually on the books at the Embassy before hand. Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks you!

Mat & Mali

What does your CEAC say?

Timeline

Thanks for the reply RamStu. I just checked and it says "READY" case is ready for interview. I am going to email the embassy to see if i can get confirmation.

Timeline
Just now, Mat&Mali said:

Thanks for the reply RamStu. I just checked and it says "READY" case is ready for interview. I am going to email the embassy to see if i can get confirmation.

That is at least good news. If you call NVC they will most likely tell you that based on their system, your case was sent to the embassy and it is our of their hands and to contact the embassy directly for any questions you may have. 

Regarding the no appointment found, be sure to check you are on the "immigrant visa" registration page. I made the mistake of registering on the "non-immigrant visa" and I couldn't figure why it wasn't pulling up our case. 

Timeline

We did register on the "immigrant visa" page. I sent an email to the Embassy with attached NVC letter indicating interview date and time. Hopefully they respond.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mat&Mali said:

We did register on the "immigrant visa" page. I sent an email to the Embassy with attached NVC letter indicating interview date and time. Hopefully they respond.

Sorry if I wasn't much of a help but hopefully the embassy replies to you asap.

Timeline

I wanted to update everyone. I forwarded the letter from NVC to the Embassy and received a prompt response stating "

Please be informed that your submitted documents were received and have been reviewed by the Embassy. We have accordingly scheduled an interview appointment for you on 12-SEP-2017 at 08:30.

Great news!!!

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mat&Mali said:

I wanted to update everyone. I forwarded the letter from NVC to the Embassy and received a prompt response stating "

Please be informed that your submitted documents were received and have been reviewed by the Embassy. We have accordingly scheduled an interview appointment for you on 12-SEP-2017 at 08:30.

Great news!!!

Congrats! I wish you GL and hope that all goes well. My wife's interview is on 9/11 @ 7:45am.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mat&Mali said:

Great news!!!

I didn't participate in this topic but well I would like to wish you all the best good luck in that day, really, I'm very glad to read that people's proccess is just fine and getting end! Some day I will be at that stage!

Congratulations!!!!

15 minutes ago, RamStu said:

Congrats! I wish you GL and hope that all goes well. My wife's interview is on 9/11 @ 7:45am.

Also congratulations to you too and my best wishes in your ending Visa Journey!!!! 

February 2016: We met in our jobs.

May 31 2016: We became a couple. :dancing:

August 16 2016: Engaged.

October 20 2016: ¡OUR WEDDING! Wooohooooo !!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing::wub:  :wub: :wub: 

CR-1 Visa Journey ... Service Center: Nebraska. Embassy: Bogotá , Colombia.

(I - 130 USCIS stage) :

Monday, August 21 2017 (Day 1) :  I - 130 sent. 

Monday, August 28 2017 (Day 7) : NOA(Received via e-mail and SMS).  :dance:

Tuesday, September 05 2017 (Day 15) NOA(hard copy I-797 received thru post mail) (PD Aug 24 2017).

Tuesday, March 13 2018 (Day 201) : USCIS issues RFE to our case . (Case opended at least) .:dance: 

Saturday, March 17 2018 (Day 205) : USCIS RFE  arrived via post mail.

Monday, March 19 2018 (Day 207) : USCIS RFE ´s answer was sent via post mail to NSC .

Thursday, March 22 2018 (Day 210) : Online Case Status changed to RFE´s answer was received .

Monday, April 2 2018 (Day 221) : ¡Approved! Online Case Status now shows Case was sent to Department of State.:dance::dancing:

(NVC Stage) :

Wednesday, April 4 2018 (Day 223) : Case Received.

Tuesday, June 5 2018 (Day 285): Case Number assigned, welcome letter received,invoice number received, DS261 filed.

Thursday, June 7 2018 (Day 287): AOS fee paid, waiting IV package fee to be unlocked to pay it.   

Thursday, June 14 2018 (Day 294): DS-261 checked and received letter, IV package fee now unlocked. 

Friday, June 15 2018 (Day 295) : IV fee paid, waiting DS-260 to be unlocked to fill it online. 

Monday, June 18 2018 (Day 298) : Full Package sent to NVC via post mail

Tuesday, June 19 2018 (Day 299): DS-260 unlocked to fill it online.

Wednesday, June 20 2018 (Day 300): DS-260 filled online.

Thursday, June 21 2018 (Day 301): Scan Date.

Monday, July 2 2018 (Day 312):  Case Completed and ready for an Interview.

Friday, July 13 2018 (Day 323): Interview Letter Received.:dancing::dance:

Monday, July 23 2018 (Day 333): Case Left NVC.

(U.S Colombian Embassy Stage) :

Monday, August 6 2018 (Day 347): Blood Test and chest X rays. (Done)

Wednesday, August 8 2018 (Day 349): Medical Exam. (Done)

Wednesday, August 15 2018 (Day 356): Biometrics in the Solicitant Atention Center. (Done)

Wednesday, August 22 2018 (Day 363): Interview... Approved! :dancing::dance:

Wednesday, September 19 2018 (Day 393): P.O.E thru Miami International Airport!!! :dancing::dance:

... "Nobody said it was easy" ... Coldplay: The Scientist Single.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Hijack posts and replies to said posts removed.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.