ZT2017

1751 WAIVER WITH DIVORCE PART 8

17 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ZT2017 said:

Even in a divorce waiver? I had everything ready apart from this 

sorry, I thought its affidavits to prove your bonafide marriage.

As, Damara mentioned, not needed financial affidavit of support.

13 hours ago, Waittrain said:

sorry, I thought its affidavits to prove your bonafide marriage.

As, Damara mentioned, not needed financial affidavit of support.

Sorry I meant to say affidavit from friends or family saying marriage was bonafide. It says I need 2. 

Filed: Timeline

The instructions/form only suggests things that you can submit as evidence.  Not everyone will have everything that is suggested. You submit what you have. The only items that are required are stated so. That would be copy of the GC, divorce paperwork etc. Again all items for proof are just suggestions. You can read through the threads of others in the same situation and see what they submitted as proof. There is no requirements for what to submit as proof.

Do you not have anyone that can submit an affidavit for you? A co-worker, a neighbor, a doctor? No one? If not, then its okay. You can write your own statement of the relationship explaining the timeline and breakdown of the marriage. Dont mention- I have no one to write affidavits! Just submit what you have. 

15 hours ago, Damara said:

The instructions/form only suggests things that you can submit as evidence.  Not everyone will have everything that is suggested. You submit what you have. The only items that are required are stated so. That would be copy of the GC, divorce paperwork etc. Again all items for proof are just suggestions. You can read through the threads of others in the same situation and see what they submitted as proof. There is no requirements for what to submit as proof.

Do you not have anyone that can submit an affidavit for you? A co-worker, a neighbor, a doctor? No one? If not, then its okay. You can write your own statement of the relationship explaining the timeline and breakdown of the marriage. Dont mention- I have no one to write affidavits! Just submit what you have. 

Actually I do, I just didn't want to ask but now he's going to write it for me. he's on a green card himself, does that matter? His wife is us citizen too and we all know each other for 10 yrs. can they both sign of on it or it has to be individually written? 

Thanks for ur help 

Filed: Timeline

Anyone can write an affidavit. It can be an LPR, a USC, even someone with no status in the US (people you know from your own country). The only requirement to write one is that you know the couple and are can write accurate and truthful information in it.

Also dont stress too much about the affidavits. They are considered weak evidence as people only submit good ones. How does your other evidence look? Do you have tax returns? joint bills? medical stuff? photos? Any property or items that were divided during the divorce? Read through your divorce decree. It should break down and assets or debts you had during the marriage. See what you can document.

21 hours ago, Damara said:

Anyone can write an affidavit. It can be an LPR, a USC, even someone with no status in the US (people you know from your own country). The only requirement to write one is that you know the couple and are can write accurate and truthful information in it.

Also dont stress too much about the affidavits. They are considered weak evidence as people only submit good ones. How does your other evidence look? Do you have tax returns? joint bills? medical stuff? photos? Any property or items that were divided during the divorce? Read through your divorce decree. It should break down and assets or debts you had during the marriage. See what you can document.

I was only married for 22 months unfortunately so could accumulate a lot of assets. Had wedding gifts in terms of jewelerry which is outlined in the decree. We were separated 5 months after I got my conditional green card.  Following is what I'm sending. 

Joint Taxreturns for 2 years 

joint health 

joint bank statement 

joint car insurance 

Statements of ccard on which she was authorized user

Joint gym membership 

lettee from ex spouse outlining what happened 

Letter from counselor for marriage counseling 

Affidavit from friend abt marriage 

receipts of purchases made from amazon.com

pics on vacation 

Facebook posts snapshots 

Copy of state ids for both of us with same address.

what do u think ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.