zandtee

me and my wife talk almost every day on fb but have only met in person twice within since november 2016. Is enough?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

or should we meet in person 1 more time? We're married and i am trying to bring her here but I only met her twice in person.  She's in vietnam and i visited her there twice and even went to singapore for vacation with her.  is 2x too little? would 3x be better?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't worry about it. The second time I met my husband in person was 2 weeks before we got married. We started talking online sometime in December 2011 and got married July the following year. The third time he visited me was to fetch me a year later to live with him here in America. Ours do looked like a whirlwind romance but thank God, there wasn't any issues when we're still dealing with the immigration.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

The more you visit her, you are able to gather additional evidence of relationship, the more your chances of having a successful interview result, immediate or fast visa approval, less AP etc. Believe me, If you can afford more visit while waiting for your petition to be approved,  that will be very nice. Good luck.  

Edited by Athens

The only real requirement is proving a bonified relationship. If you are married and able to prove  bonified relationship then the number of visits does not matter. How long where you there each visit? Did you get married on your first visit or did you visit before your marriage too?
You should be more concerned over your evidence than your number of visits. Such as pictures together with each other and family, chat logs (talking about your relationship and future plans), financial co-mingling, travel records for all of your trips (hotel, flight, etc.).

Focus on quality, rather than quantity. If you can afford another visit, go and visit her (not just to keep the embassy happy but to keep your wife happy!). But if you can't afford it, then you can't go. Focus on a variety of evidence and focus on quality over quantity. Don't send thousands of Facebook messages that are meaningless (pages and pages of "I love you" and little heart emojis mean nothing).  I work for an airline so was able to visit my husband 40 times before I moved here but I don't think that was the deciding factor in our approval. We also submitted a variety of other evidence - financial things are very good such as wills and life insurance policies, joint savings accounts, etc. We sent copies of text messages but we were selective. A few messages from each month of the 4.5 years we had been together and messages that show we have a regular marriage and talk about everyday things like all other married couples do - money, where to spend Thanksgiving, what color curtains to buy for the living room, work, health, what to buy my mother for her birthday, my sister's pregnancy, car repair costs, etc. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

16 hours ago, jandtee said:

or should we meet in person 1 more time? We're married and i am trying to bring her here but I only met her twice in person.  She's in vietnam and i visited her there twice and even went to singapore for vacation with her.  is 2x too little? would 3x be better?

my wife and I only met twice in person and the last we met in person was in January, 2017.

When I went to the interview my wife didn't attend, and the co didn't even ask if she was there or not, he asked when was the last time we met in person and i answered January 2017. Then he smiled and said that my visa was approved.

P.S. i took a few screenshots of my wife and I's conversation and printed that out and brought it to the embassy, but he didn't ask about it. I told him that I had the conversations with me he said no and that what he saw was enough and then my visa was issued. :) just be honest and optimistic. wish you good luck.

Visa Class: IR-1.

Embassy: U.S embassy in Amman, Jordan.

Married: May 28, 2015.

Interview Date: Aug 17, 2017.

Interview Result: Approved.

VISA Received: Aug 21, 2017.

U.S Entry & Passport Stamp: Aug 25, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was produced: Oct 9, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was mailed to me: Oct 11, 2017.

Received My Social Security Card: Oct 29, 2017.

First Job in America: Dec 21, 2017.

Received Plastic Green Card in the mail (Permanent Resident Card): Mar 16, 2018.

N-400 Applied: May 28, 2020.

N-400 NOA: June 1, 2020.

Bio: June 19, 2021.

Interview: July 23, 2021.

Ceremony: Aug 13, 2021.

I'm finally a U.S Citizen now

Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

1 hour ago, abe&kari said:

my wife and I only met twice in person and the last we met in person was in January, 2017.

When I went to the interview my wife didn't attend, and the co didn't even ask if she was there or not, he asked when was the last time we met in person and i answered January 2017. Then he smiled and said that my visa was approved.

P.S. i took a few screenshots of my wife and I's conversation and printed that out and brought it to the embassy, but he didn't ask about it. I told him that I had the conversations with me he said no and that what he saw was enough and then my visa was issued. :) just be honest and optimistic. wish you good luck.

That doesn't matter at all, my wife only visited me once and married, but we spent a month together during her visit. You just need to let your wife know everything about you and the relationship for the interview..... Try and make sure that you send USCIS and NVC proof of your marriage and other evidence. All the best in your process.

1 hour ago, onileowo said:

That doesn't matter at all, my wife only visited me once and married, but we spent a month together during her visit. You just need to let your wife know everything about you and the relationship for the interview..... Try and make sure that you send USCIS and NVC proof of your marriage and other evidence. All the best in your process.

why did you quote me? :huh:

Edited by abe&kari

Visa Class: IR-1.

Embassy: U.S embassy in Amman, Jordan.

Married: May 28, 2015.

Interview Date: Aug 17, 2017.

Interview Result: Approved.

VISA Received: Aug 21, 2017.

U.S Entry & Passport Stamp: Aug 25, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was produced: Oct 9, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was mailed to me: Oct 11, 2017.

Received My Social Security Card: Oct 29, 2017.

First Job in America: Dec 21, 2017.

Received Plastic Green Card in the mail (Permanent Resident Card): Mar 16, 2018.

N-400 Applied: May 28, 2020.

N-400 NOA: June 1, 2020.

Bio: June 19, 2021.

Interview: July 23, 2021.

Ceremony: Aug 13, 2021.

I'm finally a U.S Citizen now

Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

I only went to Vietnam 2x. My wife and her 2 kids went to interview alone. I was Stateside. She passed, her english was almost non-existent and Vietnamese was her second language. Khmer Krom.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
11 hours ago, stoney2016 said:

as long as its within a 2 yr period of when you start the paper work your fine

Incorrect, there is no such provision.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well reading this I must say that I'm now really optimistic about my case.

My wife and I met In person on May 14 she visited me first time on August,then we got married in October, she visited me again in late November and then again in December,when I came to Bogota,we both arribed the same day in January,she spent a whole month here with me ,when I came back definitively to here in March,she arrived next day and spent 5 days with me and then visited me again in late May,June (10) days and she came with my step son and now in August for my birthday,to be more exactly,she left past Saturday!

All of those visits are a relieve to us due to be separated until the process gets done,today the i130 was sent,so the Journey is just starting.

Wish yoy good luck to.all of you.

Edited by Jhonny
Wrong.word

February 2016: We met in our jobs.

May 31 2016: We became a couple. :dancing:

August 16 2016: Engaged.

October 20 2016: ¡OUR WEDDING! Wooohooooo !!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing::wub:  :wub: :wub: 

CR-1 Visa Journey ... Service Center: Nebraska. Embassy: Bogotá , Colombia.

(I - 130 USCIS stage) :

Monday, August 21 2017 (Day 1) :  I - 130 sent. 

Monday, August 28 2017 (Day 7) : NOA(Received via e-mail and SMS).  :dance:

Tuesday, September 05 2017 (Day 15) NOA(hard copy I-797 received thru post mail) (PD Aug 24 2017).

Tuesday, March 13 2018 (Day 201) : USCIS issues RFE to our case . (Case opended at least) .:dance: 

Saturday, March 17 2018 (Day 205) : USCIS RFE  arrived via post mail.

Monday, March 19 2018 (Day 207) : USCIS RFE ´s answer was sent via post mail to NSC .

Thursday, March 22 2018 (Day 210) : Online Case Status changed to RFE´s answer was received .

Monday, April 2 2018 (Day 221) : ¡Approved! Online Case Status now shows Case was sent to Department of State.:dance::dancing:

(NVC Stage) :

Wednesday, April 4 2018 (Day 223) : Case Received.

Tuesday, June 5 2018 (Day 285): Case Number assigned, welcome letter received,invoice number received, DS261 filed.

Thursday, June 7 2018 (Day 287): AOS fee paid, waiting IV package fee to be unlocked to pay it.   

Thursday, June 14 2018 (Day 294): DS-261 checked and received letter, IV package fee now unlocked. 

Friday, June 15 2018 (Day 295) : IV fee paid, waiting DS-260 to be unlocked to fill it online. 

Monday, June 18 2018 (Day 298) : Full Package sent to NVC via post mail

Tuesday, June 19 2018 (Day 299): DS-260 unlocked to fill it online.

Wednesday, June 20 2018 (Day 300): DS-260 filled online.

Thursday, June 21 2018 (Day 301): Scan Date.

Monday, July 2 2018 (Day 312):  Case Completed and ready for an Interview.

Friday, July 13 2018 (Day 323): Interview Letter Received.:dancing::dance:

Monday, July 23 2018 (Day 333): Case Left NVC.

(U.S Colombian Embassy Stage) :

Monday, August 6 2018 (Day 347): Blood Test and chest X rays. (Done)

Wednesday, August 8 2018 (Day 349): Medical Exam. (Done)

Wednesday, August 15 2018 (Day 356): Biometrics in the Solicitant Atention Center. (Done)

Wednesday, August 22 2018 (Day 363): Interview... Approved! :dancing::dance:

Wednesday, September 19 2018 (Day 393): P.O.E thru Miami International Airport!!! :dancing::dance:

... "Nobody said it was easy" ... Coldplay: The Scientist Single.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.