Saadat Alam

Embassy cancelled interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife and newborn baby had an interview on 24th August and I became a U.S. citizen 2 weeks ago, I sent my Naturalization Certificate to embassy to update their case category and now embassy cancelled their interview, Feel like I should not have sent it right away. Now I dont know what they want? I emailed Embassy but no reply.

~~removed duplicate topic in another forum, please only post once per topic. ~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline
8 hours ago, amiralam45 said:

Their case category was F2A and I tried to updated to IR1.

You shouldn't have done it. Now the process starts over again as you belong to another category.

Even though IR1 is much faster than F2A, it is considered a different category.

I hope they can move you along faster.

AOS from B1/B2:

January 12 - I-130 & I-485 Delivered

January 24 - Both checks cashed

January 26 - Both NoAs received

February 9 - Biometrics letter received

February 17 - Biometrics appointment

January 18 - Green Card Ordered (No Interview)

January 22 - Green Card Mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Raduga said:

You shouldn't have done it. Now the process starts over again as you belong to another category.

Even though IR1 is much faster than F2A, it is considered a different category.

I hope they can move you along faster.

What do you mean by start all over again? Do I have wait another year for it?

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, amiralam45 said:

What do you mean by start all over again? Do I have wait another year for it?

The process doesn't exactly start up all over; however, it will cause some delay. One of the issues that this creates is that the IR categories do not permit derivatives. Therefore, you will need to file a new i-130 for your son that will require USCIS approval, etc.

Yes your son will need an I-130 to go along with your wife's.  I suggest calling the embassy to see if they will let you submit everything to them, but likely you will have to submit to the lockbox, and request an expedite due to his mother's case being ready for interview!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.