72 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, missileman said:

Don't panic.  ALL visas go through some form of Administrative Processing---every one!  Every case is different, and some countries require more time.  It could take a few days, weeks, or months..........but it sounds like everything is good......just be patient..

hI I was reading ur case status u applied last year April I applied this year May kinda similar month hopefully we will be done next year May so now  I am in stage 1 NOA and I think on November I get my approval hopefully. i am so stress bc we live together in Australia and I dont know in what stage I should go back to the US?? resident  and have some docs ready for my husband to prove that i live in us in his interview.

also after your approval in NOA 2 ur case received in NVC about a month so after that you were waiting for them to send you what to do next? did they ask to pay for IV and AOS? did you pay online ? I am asking because I dont have US banck account. and you when did you fill out DS 260 ? did they sent u email was it online? sorryyyyy so many Q I asked you. 

JUST NEED HELP since I am in USA now.

thanks 

5 hours ago, abe&kari said:

I hope you and all who's in AP to hear good news soon including myself.

please keep us updated about your case.

Hi dear I was reading your status can you tell me why your case took so long from 2015 till now ? any bad situation?i got nervous  for my case tho :( 

2 hours ago, Rosesam said:

Hi dear I was reading your status can you tell me why your case took so long from 2015 till now ? any bad situation?i got nervous  for my case tho :( 

Hi, I hope nobody goes through what we've gone through. We were delayed for a year for the security checks at the USCIS stage to be done and after that it took 10 months to be approved so combining that we waited for a year and 10 months for the approval. They asked for RFE. But there was no email or anything they asked that in an info pass appointment. My wife did an interview in a USCIS field office and an info pass appointment then we were approved. I wish you and everybody the best of luck. :)

Edited by abe&kari

Visa Class: IR-1.

Embassy: U.S embassy in Amman, Jordan.

Married: May 28, 2015.

Interview Date: Aug 17, 2017.

Interview Result: Approved.

VISA Received: Aug 21, 2017.

U.S Entry & Passport Stamp: Aug 25, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was produced: Oct 9, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was mailed to me: Oct 11, 2017.

Received My Social Security Card: Oct 29, 2017.

First Job in America: Dec 21, 2017.

Received Plastic Green Card in the mail (Permanent Resident Card): Mar 16, 2018.

N-400 Applied: May 28, 2020.

N-400 NOA: June 1, 2020.

Bio: June 19, 2021.

Interview: July 23, 2021.

Ceremony: Aug 13, 2021.

I'm finally a U.S Citizen now

Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

4 minutes ago, abe&kari said:

Hi, I hope nobody goes through what we've gone through. We were delayed for a year for the security checks at the USCIS stage to be done and after that it took 10 months to be approved so combining that we waited for a year and 10 months for the approval. They asked for RFE. But there was no email or anything they asked that in an info pass appointment. My wife did 3 info pass appointments until we were approved. I wish you and everybody the best of luck. :)

sorry but what is RFE? or  info pass appointment? when did they ask for security check ? will they ask through email or we should do it sometimes soon?

2 minutes ago, Rosesam said:

sorry but what is RFE? or  info pass appointment? when did they ask for security check ? will they ask through email or we should do it sometimes soon?

RFE is Request for Evidence. It's when the USCIS asks you for additional proof in order to make a decision on your case.

Info pass appt is when you have questions about your case for some reason, 4ex your case has taken too long, you make an info pass appt If you have questions about a pending immigration application.

They don't ask for security checks or background checks, they do it on their own without notifying you or asking you for anything, at least that's what happened to us, they do it when they feel they need to do it. a lot of cases don't go through too long security checks.

Received Plastic Green Card in the mail (Permanent Resident Card): Mar 16, 2018.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rosesam said:

When they ask for more information, security checks are done automatically.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

14 minutes ago, abe&kari said:

RFE is Request for Evidence. It's when the USCIS asks you for additional proof in order to make a decision on your case.

Info pass appt is when you have questions about your case for some reason, 4ex your case has taken too long, you make an info pass appt If you have questions about a pending immigration application.

They don't ask for security checks or background checks, they do it on their own without notifying you or asking you for anything, at least that's what happened to us, they do it when they feel they need to do it. a lot of cases don't go through too long security checks.

oh ok thanks for clarification :) . So basically RFE apply for everybody but cuz u didnt get the notification or email from them  they had to do more security check to make sure  you are married in my understanding  well can u tell me what additional info they need to make a decision? thanks

10 minutes ago, Rosesam said:

oh ok thanks for clarification :) . So basically RFE apply for everybody but cuz u didnt get the notification or email from them  they had to do more security check to make sure  you are married in my understanding  well can u tell me what additional info they need to make a decision? thanks

the RFE has nothing to do with security checks. RFE is when they want more additional information, like in our case they asked for our fb chat logs and more photos of us.

Security checks, no one really knows what they do but all what i know is they check the petitioner's name, sometimes it takes weeks, months, in some cases years. but it doesn't really last for so long for most people.

my thoughts for you is to be patient. This is a long journey, and it's not easy. but it's worth it if you love the one who you going to be with.

They kept us waiting for so long but we didn't give up. and the good news NVC is easy and smooth and the interview is so easy. :)

1 hour ago, abe&kari said:

the RFE has nothing to do with security checks. RFE is when they want more additional information, like in our case they asked for our fb chat logs and more photos of us.

Security checks, no one really knows what they do but all what i know is they check the petitioner's name, sometimes it takes weeks, months, in some cases years. but it doesn't really last for so long for most people.

my thoughts for you is to be patient. This is a long journey, and it's not easy. but it's worth it if you love the one who you going to be with.

They kept us waiting for so long but we didn't give up. and the good news NVC is easy and smooth and the interview is so easy. :)

ok great thank sooooo much u were very helpful, just last one were you lived in the US for entire processing? or u were together outside of US?

6 minutes ago, Rosesam said:

ok great thank sooooo much u were very helpful, just last one were you lived in the US for entire processing? or u were together outside of US?

my wife lives in the us and always has, and I live in Jordan and always has. She works there and lives there, we visited me and my family in Jordan twice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 8/17/2017 at 3:33 PM, Lara82 said:

Congratulations .. Iam still in AP  my interview was in July 23 and I don't know why ... please keep us update 

Please update me im just like u from 13/july amman embassy

I am French and I got my interview was on July 11th, still in AP...

The consular officier told me that I would last between 2 and 3 weeks. But it has been 5 weeks now.

Sooo frustrating that the field 'Last Case Updated' is still set to the interview date. Does that mean nobody have taken a look to my case ?

They really should improved this horrible step by giving us more detail ! Or at least a contact mail where we could ask questions.

Edited by olive261

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.